Multilaunch rules to different PCs

So there are some rules that if you launch more than 1 client on 1 PC you can't get them in pvp modes. Does the same rule apply if I would log in to my alt account on a different laptop and ask a family member to play from it? I just want to get the keg brawl achis done, but the game mode is so dead games don't even start.... (I understand the multilaunch rules for pvp were meant for spvp, wvw mostly, but they also included the activitiess) but I don't think anyone would be hurt by me doing achis when nobody else is there.

So since I can't do it from 1 PC is it okay TOS wise to do it from 2?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KingJoko.1625 said:

So there are some rules that if you launch more than 1 client on 1 PC you can't get them in pvp modes. Does the same rule apply if I would log in to my alt account on a different laptop and ask a family member to play from it? I just want to get the keg brawl achis done, but the game mode is so dead games don't even start.... (I understand the multilaunch rules for pvp were meant for spvp, wvw mostly, but they also included the activitiess) but I don't think anyone would be hurt by me doing achis when nobody else is there.

So since I can't do it from 1 PC is it okay TOS wise to do it from 2?

You're allowed to run the game from multiple computers and controlled by multiple different players. You're just not allowed to multibox in competitive modes because it would give you an unfair advantage, playing with a family member isn't the same thing although if they intentionally throw the match for you it is considered match manipulation and quite possibly bannable.

You should try waiting for the "Daily Activity" though, on those days alot of players are doing it.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

You're allowed to run the game from multiple computers and controlled by multiple different players. You're just not allowed to multibox in competitive modes because it would give you an unfair advantage, playing with a family member isn't the same thing although if they intentionally throw the match for you it is considered match manipulation and quite possibly bannable.

You should try waiting for the "Daily Activity" though, on those days alot of players are doing it.

I understand, but launching from different PCs wouldn't be multiboxing, that's why I asked.

I mean in pvp I can see this being an issue, but what's the harm in an activity where nobody is in the game? I mean I could pay people to join and afk and get the same result in activities, which is allowed, so that's why there is a difference between pvp and activities.

Well yes, but since keg brawl is only on sundays, I would have to get lucky with the daily activity, and even then I would need at least 4-5 such sundays where I will have to play the entire day to get the achievements done. Virtually impossible.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KingJoko.1625 said:

I understand, but launching from different PCs wouldn't be multiboxing, that's why I asked.

I mean in pvp I can see this being an issue, but what's the harm in an activity where nobody is in the game? I mean I could pay people to join and afk and get the same result in activities, which is allowed, so that's why there is a difference between pvp and activities.

Well yes, but since keg brawl is only on sundays, I would have to get lucky with the daily activity, and even then I would need at least 4-5 such sundays where I will have to play the entire day to get the achievements done. Virtually impossible.

The multiboxing rules don't distinguish between playing on one PC or multiple real or virtual machines:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013658134-Policy-Dual-or-Multi-Boxing

So it would still be multiboxing, as you are one player, controlling more than one account.

If you will get caught / banned for using it in an otherwise empty activity, is another question.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

If you will get caught / banned for using it in an otherwise empty activity, is another question.

My thought is if the game play runs counter to Anet's intentions or designs, then it may well be a bannable offense.

Sharing your alt account with a family member might also be against the CoC.

Weigh the risk.

• Like 2

Are you asking if two different people can play on two different computers in pvp modes ?

In the same match/map (the place where they can interact with each other) it would be considered against rules if they share the same ip I guess (one household usually have 1 public ip which is represented by router and each pc have the local ip).

Not sure if there are some exceptions in gw2 but I remember in other games you could ask the support before you start doing this by explaining it (i.e. me and my brother play from one household).

The custom arenas which you can also do for pvp dailies: pvp rank points, pvp reward earner, pvp top stats, pvp daily kills, are exception to pvp multiboxing (it's allowed). 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Custom_Arena

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

The multiboxing rules don't distinguish between playing on one PC or multiple real or virtual machines:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013658134-Policy-Dual-or-Multi-Boxing

So it would still be multiboxing, as you are one player, controlling more than one account.

That's why I would ask a family member/friend to play on the other device

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

My thought is if the game play runs counter to Anet's intentions or designs, then it may well be a bannable offense.

Sharing your alt account with a family member might also be against the CoC.

Weigh the risk.

AFAIK you can share accounts on your own risk, but then worst case I could buy a new account for them

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Two different people wouldn't be an issue.  It's using two accounts, owned by the same player, that might be a problem.

Ownership can't be really differentiated from same outside ip, especially if you didn't buy any expansion. Only link to owner in that case would be the ip.

Because of that it doesn't really matter if it's his own second account for the purpose of detection by ArenaNet. It's more about playing 2 accounts in same household in competitive modes which don't have exceptions to the rule like custom arena.

• Like 1

From the Policy on Dual or Mult-Boxing:

Multi-boxing may ONLY be used in PvE areas. You are not permitted to run multiple accounts simultaneously in PvP*, WvW, activities, or in other competitive environments.

* We make an exception for the use of multiple accounts in custom arenas, but encourage anyone hosting a custom arena to, as a courtesy to all participants, specify that multi-boxing is allowed in that arena.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:51 PM, KingJoko.1625 said:

Multiboxing is when one player controls several game accounts/characters at the same time. It doesn't matter how you do this technically (different PCs with KVM-switch, diffferent PCs with remote-desktop, virtual machines on the same PC or just a software like GW2-Launch-Buddy).

As long as you make sure that every key press / mouse click goes only to one of those accounts (you can have different windows on your PC with different GW2 accounts and you focus/switch between those windows) and as long as you do not have a competitive advantage (i.e. not using it in sPvP/WvW) it is allowed.

But multiboxing, how it us used in some other games like "you press <run> once and all your accounts start running at the same time" or with a "follow-me" function (you control one character and all others follow this character automatically) is not allowed in GW2.

Edited by Zok.4956

16 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

From the Policy on Dual or Mult-Boxing:

Multi-boxing may ONLY be used in PvE areas. You are not permitted to run multiple accounts simultaneously in PvP*, WvW, activities, or in other competitive environments.

* We make an exception for the use of multiple accounts in custom arenas, but encourage anyone hosting a custom arena to, as a courtesy to all participants, specify that multi-boxing is allowed in that arena.

It is so sad, that its actually legal, to have 10 accounts in the same Customgame and farm money with this.....

Edit: it specifically says that the use of multiple accounts in custom Arenas is allowed.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2