GW2 10th anniversary, please don't forget the solo players Anet

9 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

FWIW, I think your concern is valid.

It also appears to me that people have a tendency to target casual PvEers in particular as playing a game the "wrong" way, but don't do the same when it comes to (for example) someone who plays to raid or someone who exclusively plays PvP. Which makes me think it's not really about thinking they should broaden their horizons, it's about thinking there's something wrong with them for wanting a more chill experience.

No it got more to do with people that raid and spvp dont come to the forum and ask for rewards locked behind open world pve to be rewarded in their little click of game mode with no effort at all.

If they like the reward they will get their butts out and do whats needed to get it.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 5
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Doubt they will ask people to do fractal, raid or strike cms to get this armor mate.

Me too, but I was responding to someone who obviously thought otherwise. You have to follow the whole conversation to get context sometimes. The OP is specifically asking to keep it to solo content. Even strike missions, normal ones, are too hard for some people, or too intimidating. We saw this with the turtle mount. 

My response was to someone who said: "I hope it does require playing all aspects of the game. There is more to Guild Wars 2 than solo story instances."

Once someone says ALL aspects of the game, I wanted to point out that some aspects of the game would be problematical. If they're not including fractals, or strike missions, dungeons, raids, that's probably okay. Though if they include WvW and PvP they'll be a lot of complaints too. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Me too, but I was responding to someone who obviously thought otherwise. You have to follow the whole conversation to get context sometimes. The OP is specifically asking to keep it to solo content. Even strike missions, normal ones, are too hard for some people, or too intimidating. We saw this with the turtle mount. 

My response was to someone who said: "I hope it does require playing all aspects of the game. There is more to Guild Wars 2 than solo story instances."

Once someone says ALL aspects of the game, I wanted to point out that some aspects of the game would be problematical. If they're not including fractals, or strike missions, dungeons, raids, that's probably okay. Though if they include WvW and PvP they'll be a lot of complaints too. 

The only problem is those people. You know when you give everything that a kid wants? that he become like a little dictator. This is whats happening, people think this is like going to a restaurant instead of being an MMORPG. Yes you maybe need to do raids to get legendary armor, yes maybe you need to do a dungeon for the decade armor. Whats the problem? noone, all mmorpgs does this to make the game alive and ppl doing stuff.

Again social stuff or events like dragons end were great for the game, despite what somepeople can say. And numbers are showing it. And its so funny that most of those people complaining are ppl that log in play 2 weeks of EoD and leaves for another 6-12 months, incredible support to the game.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 4
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Izzy.2951 said:

The only problem is those people. You know when you give everything that a kid wants? that he become like a little dictator. This is whats happening, people think this is like going to a restaurant instead of being an MMORPG. Yes you maybe need to do raids to get legendary armor, yes maybe you need to do a dungeon for the decade armor. Whats the problem? noone, all mmorpgs does this to make the game alive and ppl doing stuff.

Again social stuff or events like dragons end were great for the game, despite what somepeople can say. And numbers are showing it. And its so funny that most of those people complaining are ppl that log in play 2 weeks of EoD and leaves for another 6-12 months, incredible support to the game.

One of the main problems with video game discourse right now is people who think other players are like children for voicing what they want out of a game. It says more about the people pushing those talking points than it does anyone who makes complaints about the game's design.

So no, those people are not a problem. But talking down to them is. All it does is stifle meaningful conversation about a game and devolve into bickering.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's just that. Your opinion. Dragons End may or may not have been great for the game. It was certainly not great to lock the turtle behind it at launch. I'm going to say I believe the same with a strike mission.

It's nice that you're okay with this, but what really matters is what the majority of the playerbase is okay with, not you, or me. If it negatively affects a majority, it's a problem. I'm not saying Dragons End did or didn't but you and I don't know either way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but it's just that. Your opinion. Dragons End may or may not have been great for the game. It was certainly not great to lock the turtle behind it at launch. I'm going to say I believe the same with a strike mission.

It's nice that you're okay with this, but what really matters is what the majority of the playerbase is okay with, not you, or me. If it negatively affects a majority, it's a problem. I'm not saying Dragons End did or didn't but you and I don't know either way.

People are crying all over anything that doesnt fit their view. That doesnt mean its something you should care about. Gw2 playerbase/earnings/acticity on social media has increased before and after EoD. The dragon end or turtle thing was more like kids wanting all for free than something bad for the game. And again if you wanna rely on people that log in play 2 weeks and disappear for 6-12 months not giving any more money or population for the game, then sure, keep the tendency that gw2 has had most of the time, fully creating solo/braindead content. And then get the complains of all the new players "when is this game gonna become more social or engaging"

PD: In fact there are so many suggestions made here that are bad for the game, like add skyscale in the gemstore or may other. That you should already know when you have to take a feedback seriously or not.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

8 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

People are crying all over anything that doesnt fit their view. That doesnt mean its something you should care about. Gw2 playerbase/earnings/acticity on social media has increased before and after EoD. The dragon end or turtle thing was more like kids wanting all for free than something bad for the game. And again if you wanna rely on people that log in play 2 weeks and disappear for 6-12 months not giving any more money or population for the game, then sure, keep the tendency that gw2 has had most of the time, fully creating solo/braindead content. And then get the complains of all the new players "when is this game gonna become more social or engaging"

PD: In fact there are so many suggestions made here that are bad for the game, like add skyscale in the gemstore or may other. That you should already know when you have to take a feedback seriously or not.

It's fortunate then that you don't get to decide what I care about. What anyone should or should care about is their own decision. I don't decide that you care about what I care about, so why should you get to decide what I care about.

I think people who think hard core is the way to go to further advance this game are dreaming, but you know, it's just my opinion. Anet doesn't listen to me anyway, so I'm not sure what you're so worried about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It's fortunate then that you don't get to decide what I care about. What anyone should or should care about is their own decision. I don't decide that you care about what I care about, so why should you get to decide what I care about.

I think people who think hard core is the way to go to further advance this game are dreaming, but you know, it's just my opinion. Anet doesn't listen to me anyway, so I'm not sure what you're so worried about.

Heart of Thorns and content from there became much more hard and engaging. There was lots of criticism because ppl werent ready or were used to just do things afk. And in fact everyone nowadays will say that HoT etc is the best content of gw2 and core game is just boring as hell. So maybe you need to stop listening to everything and use your head and see whats the best for the game, even if you get some complaints at start (like in Dragons End).

I couldnt give you a better example.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 3
  • Confused 7

Just now, Izzy.2951 said:

Heart of Thorns and content from there became much more hard and engaging. There was lots of criticism because ppl werent ready or were used to just do things afk. And in fact everyone nowadays will say that HoT etc is the best content of gw2 and core game is just boring as hell. So maybe you need to stop listening to everything and use your head and see whats the best for the game, even if you get some complaints at start (like in Dragons End).

I couldnt give you a better example.

Everyone doesn't say that. The people who frequent the forum often do, but that's not everyone. It's people who frequent the forum.  There are plenty of people who still dislike HOT to this day, and let's not forget, HoT was nerfed after launch, relatively significantly. Mobs were thinned out, some champs were turned into vets, vet events were added, night was decoupled from day. That last was a huge factor in making HOT more casual.

It's nice to look back and say everyone loved HoT.  My opinion is that PoF was so different from HoT because so many people walked away from the game or played less because of it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Everyone doesn't say that. The people who frequent the forum often do, but that's not everyone. It's people who frequent the forum.  There are plenty of people who still dislike HOT to this day, and let's not forget, HoT was nerfed after launch, relatively significantly. Mobs were thinned out, some champs were turned into vets, vet events were added, night was decoupled from day. That last was a huge factor in making HOT more casual.

It's nice to look back and say everyone loved HoT.  My opinion is that PoF was so different from HoT because so many people walked away from the game or played less because of it.

You just wanna live in your bubble. Literally 90% of the people here, in reddit or ingame will tell you to go as soon as posible to content pass core (expansions) because its x100 times more engaging, quality, social etc. And at the same time people will tell you core game is x100 times more boring. Like it or not.

And theres so much soloable content in this game and will be, that critizing having variety, things to hunt down and more social content is speechless.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

34 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Social events are good , that why open world thrive .

You dont have to see Dragons Ends , see any open event

While raider are saying to people :

a)get enought kp

b) dont do less dps that healers

c) makes your own groups

..and you essetnially begging for us to come , and repeat the 3 steps.

Try to find the people from the Trainning Guilds you guided to

(what ? they used the guild as an alternate form of lfg ?)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

You just wanna live in your bubble. Literally 90% of the people here, in reddit or ingame will tell you to go as soon as posible to content pass core (expansions) because its x100 times more engaging, quality, social etc. And at the same time people will tell you core game is x100 times more boring. Like it or not.

And theres so much soloable content in this game and will be, that critizing having variety, things to hunt down and more social content is speechless.

I'm living in a bubble. I can pretty much guarantee I talk to and play with far more people than you think I do, just from that comment. I run a guild of 350 people.

Also, my WvW level is 1322, I've killed all but 2 raid bosses, I've done every fractal, and I've gotten the PvP backpack and two pieces of PvP legendary armor (only one piece of WvW legendary armor though).  I've done strike missions, a couple of raid CMs even.  I'm not living in a bubble.  Out of the 350 people in my guild, about 20 of them raid or do harder content. Maybe 30.  But it's not the same people all along since I've been running this guild for 10 years. The percentage roughly remains the same anyway.

Maybe you're the one living in a bubble.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

I skimmed the thread and saw people basically saying "Why should I do PVP?" "Why should PVPers do PVE?"

Nobody? Out of all of you? Man, this is a farcry from other MMOs. The solution is simple. Different currencies which can buy the same thing taking more or less time depending on difficulty. Solo players have to spend more time for the currency since we have less risk. WvW and PvP with currency through wins have less to spend since it requires more coordination. 

Everyone plays the way they want to play for the same goal. 

You all talk about how it "Brings PvE players to PvP and makes the part of the game more active." PvE players don't want to be there, probably aren't there and won't play to their best, ruining it for both sides. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I'm living in a bubble. I can pretty much guarantee I talk to and play with far more people than you think I do, just from that comment. I run a guild of 350 people.

Also, my WvW level is 1322, I've killed all but 2 raid bosses, I've done every fractal, and I've gotten the PvP backpack and two pieces of PvP legendary armor (only one piece of WvW legendary armor though).  I've done strike missions, a couple of raid CMs even.  I'm not living in a bubble.  Out of the 350 people in my guild, about 20 of them raid or do harder content. Maybe 30.  But it's not the same people since I've been running this guild for 10 years.

Maybe you're the one living in a bubble.

Im gonna leave the conversation here, sometimes i miss Gw1 community (yes that one that has the same phylosophy as gw2). If you think adding things to hunt down like a decade armor where you have to do ING stuff is bad. Then its not a problem of the game, nor arenanet, nor mmorpgs. Its your problem basically, and i can guarantee you, that it will not benefit the game at all.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 6
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Im gonna leave the conversation here, sometimes i miss Gw1 community (yes that one that has the same phylosophy as gw2). If you think adding things to hunt down like a decade armor where you have to do ING stuff is bad. Then its not a problem of the game, nor arenanet, nor mmorpgs. Its your problem basically, and i can guarantee you, that it will not benefit the game at all.

You can't guarantee me anything. You can guess. That's all. Might be an educated guess, but I'm guessing differently.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

28 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You can't guarantee me anything. You can guess. That's all. Might be an educated guess, but I'm guessing differently.

They are adding cool content to play and hunt down. And instead of being hyped like everyone will be in any game, you are 1) "oh but this content has to be soloable" MMORPG, you know what your playing? 2) "oh this has to be in the content i like or give me for free when i log in" what? you know how inmature that sounds? like this is not a game made exclusively for you and the few things you like doing. Like when im doing skyscale or griffon or a legendary and i have to do an event or a world boss what? it is also intentional so when ppl come in see ppl playing contantly, same for instanced content, wvw or pvp.

I love people giving feedback, but when is logical and have some kind of experience and vision behind it. When its just pure nonsense to make the game even look worst, then no ty.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Just now, Izzy.2951 said:

They are adding cool content to play and hunt down. And instead of being hyped like everyone will be in any game, you are 1) "oh but this content has to be soloable" MMORPG, you know what your playing? 2) "oh this has to be in the content i like or give me for free when i log in" what? you know how inmature that sounds? like this is not a game made exclusively for you. Like when im doing skyscale or griffon or a legendary and i have to do an event or a world boss what? it is also intentional so when ppl come in see ppl playing contantly, same for instanced content, wvw or pvp.

I love people giving feedback, but when is logical and have some kind of experience and vision behind it. When its just pure nonsense to make the game even look worst, then no ty.

I didn't ask for it to be soloable. The OP did. I was responding to a post by someone saying that it should require ALL the content in the game.  That's what I'm disagreeing with.  If you're going to argue with me, at least follow the argument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I didn't ask for it to be soloable. The OP did. I was responding to a post by someone saying that it should require ALL the content in the game.  That's what I'm disagreeing with.  If you're going to argue with me, at least follow the argument.

Even if it required all type of content, whats the problem? all the modes will benefit from a constant-persistent influx of players, the game will be more active in general, some people that thought they maybe dont like something will maybe end up liking it.

Like when you go into PvP you think theres only people playing it for pure fun? theres also people doing it for legendarys, for gizmos, to get more rank, to improve, skins... like its normal to lock things behind content, that + new content is what makes the game active.

What has no kind of sense from a general perspective and for the games health, is to say oh i just like playing alone world bosses (and maybe not even all) so i want that reward to be in world bosses. Then maybe you should start considering playing another game, or making your own, or even just have some kind of common sense of whats better for the game.

PD: I could understand that if you need to win a monthly automated tournament to get this skin, but that playing 1 pvp game will be a problem, it blows my mind. And its a example that can apply to anything.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 3
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Even if it required all type of content, whats the problem? all the modes will benefit from a constant-persistent influx of players, the game will be more active in general, some people that thought they maybe dont like something will maybe end up liking it.

Like when you go into PvP you think theres only people playing it for pure fun? theres also people doing it for legendarys, for gizmos, to get more rank, to improve, skins... like its normal to lock things behind content, that + new content is what makes the game active.

What has no kind of sense from a general perspective and for the games health, is to say oh i just like playing alone world bosses (and maybe not even all) so i want that reward to be in world bosses. Then maybe you should start considering of playing another game, or making your own, or even just have some kind of sense of whats better for the games health.

PD: I could understand that if you need to win a monthly automated tournament to get this skin, but that playing 1 normal pvp game will be a problem, it blows my mind. And its a example that can apply to anything.

I was thinking more along the lines of Strike missions or raids. It's way out of the comfort level of most of this player base. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of Strike missions or raids. It's way out of the comfort level of most of this player base. 

Sometimes it is good to leave your comfort zone, experience something new, widen your horizon. This anniversary armor could be a good motivation. Too many players in this game limit themselves and don’t realize what the game has to offer. 
I don’t think that we have to raid for the armor, but play a game PvP and spend some time in WvW, do strike missions, what’s wrong with that? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Izzy.2951 said:

If your want to help the game , start from the trainning groups .

Tell the leaders(teapot) , after 1 month to "force" people in key positions (tanks-kiter) and not let them  waste 3 months collecting the LI and then remain the same people like they joined ...

This s how you crate "leaders".

For the rest of the community ... just leave it alone ... every time we interact we screw it .

For now you have the fully support of the CM Strikes Devs  .....play with it .

(this is why i want a different legendary set + auto-lfg , so any immediate interaction should stop , for 2 years , silence > restart , otherwise i should do it for the next 3 years)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Sometimes it is good to leave your comfort zone, experience something new, widen your horizon. This anniversary armor could be a good motivation. Too many players in this game limit themselves and don’t realize what the game has to offer. 
I don’t think that we have to raid for the armor, but play a game PvP and spend some time in WvW, do strike missions, what’s wrong with that? 

Sometimes it is. But right now, Anet wants positive publicity.

I believe the bulk of the playerbase is dead set casual. As a result, some will welcome coming out of their comfort zone and some will hate it. When people hate something they make noise. This isn't the time or the specific achievement to get the community into an uproar. That's not the noise Anet needs right now. At another time, it might be different.

And whether it's health or good to come out of your comfort zone, that's not why everyone buys a game.   Some people just buy games to relax after a day of work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Sometimes it is. But right now, Anet wants positive publicity.

I believe the bulk of the playerbase is dead set casual. As a result, some will welcome coming out of their comfort zone and some will hate it. When people hate something they make noise. This isn't the time or the specific achievement to get the community into an uproar. That's not the noise Anet needs right now. At another time, it might be different.

And whether it's health or good to come out of your comfort zone, that's not why everyone buys a game.   Some people just buy games to relax after a day of work.

Maybe you are right, the narrow minded part of the casual player base is a problem in this game. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

If your want to help the game , start from the trainning groups .

Tell the leaders(teapot) , after 1 month to "force" people in key positions (tanks-kiter) and not let them  waste 3 months collecting the LI and then remain the same people like they joined ...

For the rest of the community ... just leave it alone ... every time we interact we screw it .

For now you have the fully support of the CM Strikes Devs  .....play with it .

(this is why i want a different legendary set + auto-lfg , so any immediate interaction should stop , for 2 years , silence > restart , otherwise i should do it for the next 3 years)

What im trying to say its that this is a non-ending converstation, is not good for the game (and im giving arguments why) and ive seen it multiple times already. Like oh i just like this type of content so put the rewards there, then when they do its like oh but i dont like those world bosses they are too hard, put it in a easier one... until the absurd of just idk, giving it for free when ur afk in lions arch or via gemstore.

If you dont understand that if they make you play 1-3 pvp games as a requirement for this armor it will make PvP much more active constantly just cos THIS, it will require very little effort for you, everyone will be happier and some ppl that were "force" to do that will probably end up liking it... then im not gonna try to convince you. And that with open world, story, instanced content or anything. (and this happens already in pve with a lot of things locked behind events like skyscale, griffon and loooots of things)

I dont think they will put as requirement raids, but even if they do, people will also dont understand this is a 10 year gift for veterans and that theres already a easy-mode for raids and complain again.

Im not a fan of giving voice to people that dont use common sense. And idk what teapot has to do here, he probably has done more for the game that 99% of the people here for sure.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5