GW2 10th anniversary, please don't forget the solo players Anet

5 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Maybe you are right, the narrow minded part of the casual player base is a problem in this game. 

A bit judgemental maybe. Before I retired, I often worked 60-70 hours a week, sometimes even more. I didn't want to go home and challenge myself. I wanted to go home and relax. Kill some bad guys. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Saying people are narrow minded because they don't agree with you is simply wrong.  In my opinion you shouldn't judge people until you've walked a mile in their shoes. 

The idea that maybe, just maybe, people want different things shouldn't be news to anyone. This armor set is called Decade and was announced in the 10th anniversary post, making it an anniversary reward. If you (global you not you specifically) think most people playing this game are hard core players that want to be challenged, I'm not sure what to tell you. But they paid for this game just like everyone else. At the end of the day, Anet needs to placate the majority, particularly at this time.

If you're calling the armor set decade, there's no way you can say it's not a reward for the anniversary and with steam people incoming, I think having a positive discourse is better than having a negative one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

A bit judgemental maybe. Before I retired, I often worked 60-70 hours a week, sometimes even more. I didn't want to go home and challenge myself. I wanted to go home and relax. Kill some bad guys. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Saying people are narrow minded because they don't agree with you is simply wrong.  In my opinion you shouldn't judge people until you've walked a mile in their shoes. 

The idea that maybe, just maybe, people want different things shouldn't be news to anyone. This armor set is called Decade and was announced in the 10th anniversary post, making it an anniversary reward. If you (global you not you specifically) think most people playing this game are hard core players that want to be challenged, I'm not sure what to tell you. But they paid for this game just like everyone else. At the end of the day, Anet needs to placate the majority, particularly at this time.

If you're calling the armor set decade, there's no way you can say it's not a reward for the anniversary and with steam people incoming, I think having a positive discourse is better than having a negative one.

I don’t say they are narrow minded because they don’t agree with me. They are narrow minded because they refuse to try something new and widen their horizon. In the end they try to hold the whole community back.
Take the turtle and the strike missions for example. There are narrow minded casuals on this forum that advocate to change this. But the requirement to do a strike mission for the turtle is good because it motivates so many players to at least try strike missions. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 6

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

I don’t say they are narrow minded because they don’t agree with me. They are narrow minded because they refuse to try something new and widen their horizon. In the end they try to hold the whole community back.
Take the turtle and the strike missions for example. There are narrow minded casuals on this forum that advocate to change this. But the requirement to do a strike mission for the turtle is good because it motivates so many players to at least try strike missions. 

They're narrow minded because they're tired after working or have real life responsibilities that push them to the end of their endurance? What an odd thing to say? How about we don't judge people because they don't fit into your definitions. I don't think refusing to try something new when you're dead tired, or distracted makes you narrowed minded.  It just makes you tired and distracted.

The age of the average computer gamer is now in the mid to late 30s. That brings in a whole lot of working parents, with little kids who don't necessarily have the time or energy to push their boundaries. What someone chooses to do in a video game and what someone chooses to do in real life are often very different things.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

In the end they try to hold the whole community back.

And this is the best resume of the problem. They try to hold the entire community back and the entire game. Because it is so "disrespetful" to make them do a bit of content all around the place, that doesnt neccesarly mean it will require them a lot of time/effort, but will indeed make most of the game types alive with a constant influx of players. 

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 4
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

They're narrow minded because they're tired after working or have real life responsibilities that push them to the end of their endurance? What an odd thing to say? How about we don't judge people because they don't fit into your definitions. I don't think refusing to try something new when you're dead tired, or distracted makes you narrowed minded.  It just makes you tired and distracted.

The age of the average computer gamer is now in the mid to late 30s. That brings in a whole lot of working parents, with little kids who don't necessarily have the time or energy to push their boundaries. What someone chooses to do in a video game and what someone chooses to do in real life are often very different things.

Then go lay down and take a nap start fresh after said nap..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

8 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

And yet there is a strike mission requirement for the turtle in the game and the complaining did not change that, so who exactly is holding the community back lmao? Some people whose complaints are ignored? It's honestly laughable the way people try to act like some group has power whose pleas are falling on deaf ears time after time. This game is trying to make raids more popular, meanwhile you're acting like casuals are ruining the game. I wonder who you would blame if you didn't have the casual scapegoat to go after. Would you just start turning on each other?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You may not have worked 70 hours a week very often. After a n

IO ap it's time to wake up and go to work again. lol

Oh I know exactly how it is since I work 72hours every other week. ( reason for this is a work week  here is 36 hours I work double to have a free week inbettwen my work weeks)

I still have time for naps and gaming on my work weeks.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

Just now, Labjax.2465 said:

And yet there is a strike mission requirement for the turtle in the game and the complaining did not change that, so who exactly is holding the community back lmao? Some people whose complaints are ignored? It's honestly laughable the way people try to act like some group has power whose pleas are falling on deaf ears time after time. This game is trying to make raids more popular, meanwhile you're acting like casuals are ruining the game. I wonder who you would blame if you didn't have the casual scapegoat to go after. Would you just start turning on each other?

Well, I wrote that they try to hold the community back, not that they are successful. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

10 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

You may not have worked 70 hours a week very often. After a nap it's time to wake up and go to work again. lol

If some people don’t have a healthy work life balance, that’s their problem and not a reason to try to hold the whole community back. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

6 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

They did multiple nerfs on Soo Won, they added the turtle to be available through 200 Writs in a merchant. Like lol, "it didnt changed anything". And the strike mission... im not a pro, i didnt had a perfect build and i was playing with random teams and still beat that strike since week 1. Indeed imposible content.

Im sure they are scared in the future of developing any type of social/engaging content, just cos some of you are putting pressure.

PD: It is so hard that i think the last time i did Kaineng strike i was on a phone call afked at start, died and they did the strike for me.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

What im trying to say its that this is a non-ending converstation, is not good for the game (and im giving arguments why) and ive seen it multiple times already. Like oh i just like this type of content so put the rewards there, then when they do its like oh but i dont like those world bosses they are too hard, put it in a easier one... until the absurd of just idk, giving it for free when ur afk in lions arch or via gemstore.

If you dont understand that if they make you play 1-3 pvp games as a requirement for this armor it will make PvP much more active constantly just cos THIS, it will require very little effort for you, everyone will be happier and some ppl that were "force" to do that will probably end up liking it... then im not gonna try to convince you. And that with open world, story, instanced content or anything. (and this happens already in pve with a lot of things locked behind events like skyscale, griffon and loooots of things)

I dont think they will put as requirement raids, but even if they do, people will also dont understand this is a 10 year gift for veterans and that theres already a easy-mode for raids and complain again.

Im not a fan of giving voice to people that dont use common sense. And idk what teapot has to do here, he probably has done more for the game that 99% of the people here for sure.

We put people it the place they want .

In the place the love and attracted to.

They are not pawns to save our mode .

If the majority are happy , the money will leach in the other ares of the game (such as Alliances or Deathmatch maps)

You have Strikes + Devs + the casual to watch you.

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

PD: It is so hard that i think the last time i did Kaineng strike i was on a phone call afked at start, died and they did the strike for me.

So you are a casual? Got carried while letting RL take precedence over a game? 🤔That's what people would say a casual is, right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

We put people it the place they want .

In the place the love and attracted to.

They are not pawns to save our mode .

If the majority are happy , the money will leach in the other ares of the game (such as Alliances or Deathmatch maps)

You have Strikes + Devs + the casual to watch you.

Then dont force me to do open world and thousand of useless stuff like collect 30 things in a map, do this boss or event for things locked behind it. Okay? cos its like 90% of the content. Material converters, mounts, achivements etcetcetc We dont wanna save your mode either, but we are forced to do so all the time and not crying around like you do for a very minor thing.

11 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

So you are a casual? Got carried while letting RL take precedence over a game? 🤔That's what people would say a casual is, right.

I have done the strike lots of times, always with random teams. Always beat it. And ive done it sometimes with people dead since the start, including me. Just to show you how hard it is. Yet your arguments are false, cos indeed they changed soo won and the turtle adquisition, and the strike is just a very normal difficulty that you can do with randoms and even afk xD

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Then dont force me to do open world and thousand of useless stuff like collect 30 things in a map, do this boss or event for things locked behind it. Okay? cos its like 90% of the content. Material converters, mounts, achivements etcetcetc We dont wanna save your mode either, but we are forced to do so all the time and not crying around like you do for a very minor thing.

I am no the one crying to attract the casual to save my mode .

I don't to ever see you , that i want an OW set

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

I am no the one crying to attract the casual to save my mode 😛

You are indeed crying about having to play other type of content (look for a different game that you fully enjoy?), about training groups (watch a video like i have to do when i need to collect 30 things in a map), and about people like teapot (that again, has done x100 more things than you for this game). But its okay mate.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Izzy.2951 said:

You are indeed crying about having to play other type of content (look for a different game that you fully enjoy?), about training groups (watch a video like i have to do when i need to collect 30 things in a map), and about people like teapot (that again, has done x100 more things than you for this game). But its okay mate.

Again , i am not the one trying to force the other to "expand their horizon".

I am doing my stuff and i want to be as far as possible from you for 8-straight years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Izzy.2951 said:

I have done the strike lots of times, always with random teams. Always beat it. And ive done it sometimes with people dead since the start, including me. Just to prove how hard it is. Yet your arguments are false, cos indeed they changed soo won and the turtle adquisition, and the strike is just a very normal difficulty that you can do with randoms and even afk xD

Nothing I argued was wrong though. The turtle fundamentally still requires instanced PvE content to do. If you really want to get nitpicky, we can say people who want a more chill experience won a battle (relating to soo-won-related turtle collection part with an alternative acquisition), but lost the war, since it still requires organized group content. Also, when it comes to soo-won difficulty and nerfs, there's some dishonesty in talking about that too broadly without going into detail. It had issues (idk if it still does) relating to the boss's movements and RNG that had nothing to do with skill level and everything to do with making the fight harder because of bad luck. So to say it was nerfed because some people wanted it to be easier, like that was the only factor going into it, is a misleading narrative.

But anyway, it's interesting to watch how you justify being carried on the premise that you think a piece of content is easy. Yet if someone you deem casual said that, you'd probably say they were entitled and wanting to get away with not trying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Again , i am not the one trying to force the other to "expand their horizon".

I am doing my stuff and i want to be as far as possible from you for 8-straight years.

No, you are happy with arenanet making us all "expand our horizon" in the content you play. But then cry if one time you have to play 1 pvp game, wvw for a gift of battle or a raid. And we have to agree with you. No sorry mate, thats selfish, not good for the game and inmature. And belive me, im the one that wants to be 8 year away from you and from this forum, cos i havent read more nonsense in my life.

Poor steam players seriously, with people like you puting pressure on Arenanet so they cant deliver a good experience in this game.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Oh I know exactly how it is since I work 72hours every other week. ( reason for this is a work week  here is 36 hours I work double to have a free week inbettwen my work weeks)

I still have time for naps and gaming on my work weeks.

I'm happy for you. Everyone is different. Judging everyone based on what you can do is no way to run a railroad.  There are a lot of people who can't work those hours and play but that's besides the point. People judging people based on what they do or don't do in a  game is a bit silly in my opinion.

There are, in my opinion, far more casuals in this game than there are hard core players. The name of the reward is Decade. It's a ten year anniversary reward. My guess is it's probably meant for everyone and not the small segement of hardcore players. Just a guess though.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

No, you are happy with arenanet making us all "expand our horizon" in the content you play. But then cry if one time you have to play 1 pvp game, wvw for a gift of battle or a raid. And we have to agree with you. No sorry mate, thats selfish, not good for the game and inmature. And belive me, im the one that wants to be 8 year away from you and from this forum, cos i havent read more nonsense in my life.

People will play the content that will love.

You had numerous amount of people joining Trainning Guilds , there's no need for more to come to you .

You had your chance

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

30 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

If some people don’t have a healthy work life balance, that’s their problem and not a reason to try to hold the whole community back. 

If they're a majority, they are the community.  We simply don't know.  I'm willing to guess that there are far more casuals playing this game than hard core players. What makes you think that it's not selfish for the hard core players to try to monopolize a reward that's clearly made for the tenth year anniversary?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

GW1 vets will probably have all noticed the wording about the upcoming decade armor, especially the naming. To quote the blog:

It wouldn’t be a true celebration if we didn’t show some love to the community that’s supported us all these years. When you log in on August 23, you’ll find a new series of achievements waiting for you that will take you on a journey to experience the best of Guild Wars 2: world bosses, Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons, Living World, World vs. World, Player vs. Player, and more. As you complete these tasks, you’ll earn Proofs of Legend, which can be traded in for the new Decade armor set.

I bolded the important bits.

In GW1, there is a very similar thing for the anniversary celebration that was introduced at the 10 year anniversary back in 2015. It even uses the same names:

No elite dungeons, no PvP or WvW. Just missions. Now GW2 will be different because it wasn't abandoned 3 years before the 10th anniversary, especially given that Proofs of Legend are permanent and not part of a festival only, and they already confirmed WvW and PvP will be options, but it does show that they had the same mentality in mind.

And what's important is that you don't have to do everything. In GW1, you get one proof of legend for each mission per region - 20 in total per character per year, and a single weapon only needs 5 Proofs.

Chances are, ArenaNet will make it X Proofs of Legend per armor piece, with repeatable achievements.

• Like 2

Just now, Vayne.8563 said:

If they're a majority, they are the community.  We simply don't know.  I'm willing to guess that there are far more casuals playing this game than hard core players. What makes you think that it's not selfish for the hard core players to try to monopolize a reward that's clearly made for the tenth year anniversary?

This is not about hardcore or casual. It is about the narrow minded part of the casual player base. There are a lot of casual players that like to play all aspects or a variety of aspects of the game. They like to try new things and widen their horizon. They do not try to hold the whole community back. The casual player base is not a monolithic bloc. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

5 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

People will play the content that will love.

You had numerous amount of people joining Trainning Guilds , there's no need for more to come to you

You literally sound so mad about raids, like you couldnt get your legendary armor or something. When im mostly talking about how could this benefit PvP for example, just making you play 1-3 games will be a game changing for the mode in the years to come. But keep on your mood.

Im forced to grind PvE for loads of stuff, dont tell people play what they just love, cos its not like that. Stop putting pressure on anet and let the game grow and be an mmorpg. Again, as i said, people with no common sense should not be heard.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 5
  • Confused 6