Vindicators dodge does not dodge?

angrax.1372

I though that while on air, vindicators would still evade attacks. A Mesmer's skills that creates a wall that pulls characters in pulled me out from the skies in the middle of the dodge. Is this expected (and does the mesmer skill will also pull other people out of mid dodge)?

I feel like I am still being hit like crazy while dodging, or is it my impressions (maybe from conditions)? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A dodge is a defensive action which performs an evade, a movement with a 0.75 seconds window in which the evader ignores any attack which has to hit or target him or the area in which stays (albeit don't prevent other effects as damaging conditions already on him). But a dodge doesn't grant pass through area effects which requieres a cc check as Guardian's Line of Guarding, Ring Of Warding, Sanctuary, Hunter's Ward or Necro's Spectral Ring. In order to be able to dodge across those effects you need to have at least one stability stack.

Vindicator's dodge (jump) works as a longer evade, to some extent: has an animation and a window in which the target can't be hit by attacks or effects which otherwise would affect him or the area in which stays/moves across. But there's a few caveats:

*  The animation window is longer than the duration of the "i-frames" grated by the jump, so you're more vulnerable at the end, in the recovery animation (albeit was shortened).

* The jump itself doesn't grant the right to cross through areas affected by a cc check as the already cited Line of Warding, etc. if you're not under the effect of stability.

* The jump is bugged and oftenly having stability stacks on you doesn't grant you the right to ignore those cc effects. Can be tested casting Jalis Inspiring Reinforcement before the jump and then trying to cross an enemy Line of Warding. I don't known if this is still unfixed. I don't known if the reason is due along the jump (which is longer than a normal dodge) you're unable to be target of your own boons or what.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, angrax.1372 said:

I though that while on air, vindicators would still evade attacks. A Mesmer's skills that creates a wall that pulls characters in pulled me out from the skies in the middle of the dodge. Is this expected (and does the mesmer skill will also pull other people out of mid dodge)?

I feel like I am still being hit like crazy while dodging, or is it my impressions (maybe from conditions)? 

the dodge needs a rework, making so you have the chance to press evade again to land beforehand would help in my opinion, or at least making so the evade frame lasts till you end the landing animation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zaswer.5246 said:

the dodge needs a rework, making so you have the chance to press evade again to land beforehand would help in my opinion, or at least making so the evade frame lasts till you end the landing animation.

I guess they wanted to give people enough time to doge/run away from the leap, but do not want you to enjoy that long of an evade window?

Why? Just make the animation shorter or give the full time evade window.

Edited by angrax.1372
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, angrax.1372 said:

I guess they wanted to give people enough time to doge/run away from the leap, but do not want you to enjoy that long of an evade window?

Why? Just make the animation shorter or give the full time evade window.

think about this, vindi is in a dead time the whole evasion, so for example if you want to optimiza dmg you would want to end sooner, while as your only evade, and with not much defensive options, somwtimes you want to make time or evade the whole duration, making a simple 2 tap force your landing would give us control over the pj, its kind of similar to why i ask for weapons to only have cd and legends only need energy, its because of a smoother control, a better gameplay that can be balanced with numbers and still be an improvement overall.

Just numbers are a patch, while a mecanic change can make a permanent diference in the feeling and flow of gameplay