Can we please remove the Level-Up knockback?

Virdo.1540

On 8/20/2022 at 9:11 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

In that case, you absolutely have to participate in the Labyrinth farm during this year's Halloween festival. You will see people constantly cursing, "Who is the idiot who keeps pushing enemies apart?!?" 😂

They're probably attributing it to necro fear or to rangers. I know most people in lab squads do, even if the level-up animation and sound are quite noticeable.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

TBF there are times knockbacks are needed on some enemies or you may down or buff a mob. So i dont want to see them gone, people just need to stop using them wrong. I dont want my abilities removed because some bearbow ranger dont understand mechanics 

And what that bearbow ranger is supposed to do? Stop leveling up?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

TBF there are times knockbacks are needed on some enemies or you may down or buff a mob. So i dont want to see them gone, people just need to stop using them wrong. I dont want my abilities removed because some bearbow ranger dont understand mechanics 

This isn't about removing knockbacks completely, just the one that happens when you level up. (Which is technically a launch, according to the wiki, but it looks the same.) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level_Up

That's not something you can choose to activate or realistically control, it happens automatically each time your XP bar fills up when you're in combat so if it happens at the right time to be useful it's purely by luck and it's just as likely to happen at the wrong time and mess up what you were doing. I've had it happen when I'm playing solo, just after I put down a bunch of AoEs and then it knocks all the enemies out of them.

Removing that, or replacing it with something like immobilise or knockdown wouldn't affect any of the skills which cause knockback (or launch) so you could still do it when it's useful, it just won't happen seemingly randomly because someone levelled up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Yes I have, both and a lot. Is there a literal knockback? Like a knockback skill? I really never observed such a behaviour. 

It's described as "launch". There's that "whoosh" effect of leveling, and an animation that looks like an (invisible) force wave pushing mobs away from you. It's the easiest to observe in areas with high concentration of mobs. Halloween's Labyrinth farm is especially infamous for this, since people use it for leveling alts.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 1