Decade enhancement station (and food), add repeatable source of proof of legends/alternate source of the buff or delete please. [Merged]

On 8/24/2022 at 12:18 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I'm sorry but having this permanent would be too much, entire builds would become dependant on players dropping this food in order to play meta, unlike the birthday cake which is "newbie food" and weaker than both ascended and normal food (Dragon's Revelry Starcake).

The only way this could work is if it was nerfed somewhat to not be best in slot. That said Proof of Legends should be infinite once completed so we can buy more.

Well, if you make the Proofs of Legends infinite, then the food would essentially become permanent, thereby leading to the scenario that you cited as a reason not to have the enhancement station permanent. 

4 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Well, if you make the Proofs of Legends infinite, then the food would essentially become permanent, thereby leading to the scenario that you cited as a reason not to have the enhancement station permanent. 

Yes, that's one of the solutions. Either make the Proofs of Legends more easily farmable in a repeatable way, or make the stuff you can buy with them worth more. By making them permanent, because making them workt more by buffing up the effects would make them way too OP to put into the game.

Anet chose neither of those options.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

to every player that says making this utility station permanent is too much I would politely ask to show us proof because I don't see them complaining about legendary armory legendary sigils and runes or home nodes or the mastery system or fractal titles and bonuses or the rare permanent contracts . 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 7:38 PM, lodjur.1284 said:

I certainly hope so, as of right now i would say this utility creates some pretty huge theoretical fairness issues. In a way that this game has previously avoided.

Back in early WoW, vanilla or BC, I got these potions that made you immune for 10 seconds from a quest. It had no level restriction, so I saved them for some max level BGs. They weren't tide turning, but I know people raged when I was immune for 20 seconds (on my pally), while still able to attack, lol. 

It can be unfair for a time, but it will eventually fade away, save some of those weirdos like myself who save thing for way too long, just to be one of the last to take advantage.