Decade enhancement station (and food), add repeatable source of proof of legends/alternate source of the buff or delete please. [Merged]

They are free - at least the ones you get each year for your char that turns 10 (some people made a lot of chars I think). So where is the problem? Why an "or delete"? There is no loss in having these ... even if they are rare. Afaik the banner is similar or same to the heroes banner often used at certain places (people in WvW like to place it at spawn) ... but with longer duration.

Only problem is that it takes a separate inventory slot. I'd like to see the proof of legends go to the wallet maybe. And vendors in WvW maybe. Then you could use one and spawn the item you bought directly.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Luthan.5236 said:

They are free - at least the ones you get each year for your char that turns 10 (some people made a lot of chars I think). So where is the problem? Why an "or delete"? There is no loss in having these ... even if they are rare. Afaik the banner is similar or same to the heroes banner often used at certain places (people in WvW like to place it at spawn) ... but with longer duration.

Only problem is that it takes a separate inventory slot. I'd like to see the proof of legends go to the wallet maybe. And vendors in WvW maybe. Then you could use one and spawn the item you bought directly.

In combat boost is not really comparable to out of combat boost. For a few select builds these represent a total of +150 or so more than the second best option. On some other builds, it's worse than existing options.

If I see someone running a build, and can figure out what it is, the only thing that should stop me from doing the same is my time/ dedication/ skill. 

With this utility I can only wait a few YEARS to run the same thing for 12 hours (if I use a primer) OR try to get lucky and track down a new person willing to sell theirs every 12 hours. Neither is anywhere in the region of reasonable acquisition. 

Disabling them due to lack of availability in WvW (and raids/strikes) would be the correct call, there's a very good reason a number of open world buffs don't work in these gamemodes.

Another very easy fix would be to allow one to repeat the achievements for proofs of Legend.

• Like 2

I do not see a problem here. In raids/strikes you do not compete with others. You play as a group vs the environment. Even within the group someone could just span one of these food trays if they wanted you to have that buff. +people in long-term would request "without buff" as the minimum requirements unless a large playerbase would play with them permanently. In WvW it still is about numbers.

If we had a small pvp environment with pve stats ... this would be more of a problem. (But structured 5 vs. 5 pvp uses normalized stats.) We could argue about a 2nd option to obtain the buffs - would not want this for the proofs in general though. (They might add other items there where it would be intened for them to not be obtainable too fast.)

For WvW maybe a vendor where it would cost a lot (for a new player/farming newly and not having stored tons in the bank already) of badges with a purchase limit per day - for example. Strikes and WvW could have vendors with prophet shards or legendary insights + daily cap. The proof of legends vendor of course without purchase cap.

Edited by Luthan.5236

14 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

The decade consumables should have been recipes imo and initially I thought so when I saw them.

Edit: maybe with some special decade ingredient that can be bought in bulk with the proof of legends.

Best solution I've seen. Just make it a recipe. As nice as a reusable utility consumable would be... This provides access to it for everyone

The utility is worthless otherwise is you'd have to change your build for two uses? Just doesn't make any level of sense. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

A utility gizmo would've been such a nice combo with the 9th birthday cake. Maybe the stats are a bit too bloated, but that can be toned down to 2% or 1.5% and it'd still be an amazing baseline buff you can share with other players. I hope they reconsider it and add it somehow to the game 😕

• Like 2

That would have made it a very very nice addition to the tenth celebrations indeed, surely they can give us a free infinite version like the cake? This is the decade celebration. And how good would that be to have both food and Utility buffs covered, especially for dropping them off for new players (and then leaving them alone to experience the game). 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Dear Anet : I'm a veteran player that is mostly in gw2 for doing raids with some friends and to do some pvp matches and slack in the arena from time to time or do fractals and I truly don't enjoy doing map events or meta events and on that note when the decade of dragons celebration event got released i and a bunch of my friends got excited for the prospect of having a permanent utility station that every single build can use I even did some map events and meta events that i never considered doing them is fun once it loses its novelty because of the hassle involved of lowering the game settings and the boring  un interactive repeatability that is surmised in pressing 1 on a ranged weapon is the effective way to do it  and hoping to win the jackpot at some point with precursors  but aside from this subjective point of view i hope you understand you managed to disappoint me and my friends and alot of 10 years players with this whole situation regarding making this item a consumable item and not a permanent one and i hope you do something about it . 

PS: this utility station is not even meta 

• Like 1

Once you get all your pieces of Decade armor these other items become available as a 1 time use item. *(unless the wiki is wrong). They are very incredible buffs so making them a 1 time use is reasonable to not ruin scribing, weapon crafting, and cooking 500*(like Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake arguably did). There are many ways to keep this manageable as a 1 time item, but ATM we only get to pick a few. Why not make the achievements repeatable after completing the armor set, but after completing the original achievement you only get 1/10th of a proof of legend, hopefully wallet added... I'd trade a 60 min best food utility banner for 100 events in one map section or 10 of the same world boss. it wouldn't be worth grinding, but a slow roll encouragement to jump into any event going on instead of skipping it. Just food for thought. A friend mentioned this would also help bring more action to older outdated content. Please if I am mistaken and ANET has already described the long term goal correct me if I am wrong. Feel free to give me feedback.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Warbie.9360 said:

Once you get all your pieces of Decade armor these other items become available as a 1 time use item. *(unless the wiki is wrong).

It is not. Those are indeed consumables, not gizmos.

40 minutes ago, Warbie.9360 said:

They are very incredible buffs so making them a 1 time use is reasonable to not ruin scribing, weapon crafting, and cooking 500*(like Feast of Delectable Birthday Cake arguably did).

Not really. Feast did not replace any food at the higher end of ganeplay. The cases where it is used nowadays are the cases where people would just not use any food at all. 99.9% of the crafted (as well as obtained by other means) food was already not being used long before Cake arrived at the party.

Personally instead of extending grind for the current Decade stuff, i'd rather have a weakened but permanent utility station i could pair with cake for cases where i normally would not bother to use any utility otherwise.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Decade enhancement station (and food), add repeatable source of proof of legends/alternate source of the buff or delete please. [Merged]
On 8/24/2022 at 12:18 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I'm sorry but having this permanent would be too much, entire builds would become dependant on players dropping this food in order to play meta, unlike the birthday cake which is "newbie food" and weaker than both ascended and normal food (Dragon's Revelry Starcake).

The only way this could work is if it was nerfed somewhat to not be best in slot.

Food - maybe as there is an entire crafting disciple related to this so making that obsolete would be a little mean.
Banner - not so much.

I also just really object to this like of thought. "We can't have nice easy things because people will expect them." Other games you spend 5 minutes buffing everyone before an encounter. People expected that even though it required a lot of user interaction. I don't get what's so bad about having a banner I didn't need to grind for anymore.

• Confused 2

and i dont think of it as a grind. I am saying it shouldn't be ideal to grind these achievements. It should encourage participation when usually you would just skip these events. While working on Aurora it serves me little purpose to jump into an event that I am not working towards. But if its 1% progress to my free banner and its an easy one. I might head towards an easy event that maybe the one person attempting to solo isn't able to complete alone.

It should have been a reusable item with a long cooldown. Or perhaps it could be a gobbler and activates on consuming other resources. Don't want it to replace consumables, but at the same time it needs to be an attractive prize to chase. The vendor should have something attractive for a range of tastes and the current offerings are very shallow. Cosmetics and consumables are no fun.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 1:18 AM, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I'm sorry but having this permanent would be too much, entire builds would become dependant on players dropping this food in order to play meta, unlike the birthday cake which is "newbie food" and weaker than both ascended and normal food (Dragon's Revelry Starcake).

The only way this could work is if it was nerfed somewhat to not be best in slot. That said Proof of Legends should be infinite once completed so we can buy more.

+1 great idea would support. 

If the completing regional events could repeatably offer you proof of legends, that would be a great way to keep old maps alive by providing a single time use enhancement per 10 events in a zone. This would be a great bridge between the hardcore and casual players.  

On 8/28/2022 at 1:50 AM, Metaljaw.6437 said:

ANet: Hey! It's been 10 years! How awesome is that?!?!? We put a lot of work into this.  We took something we totally had in game before and extended the duration. Oh, and it's still a one-time use thing. How awesome is that???

Me. woohoo. gee. thanks. I guess?

Anet: Oh, and I forgot to mention, you can only get a limited number of them. EVER! Cool, right????

Me: yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.................................

10 years. So much time and expectations. And... drumroll... Tenth Birthday Gift. 😕 Nothing interesting. But then I figured out the Decade achievements and assumed - this is it! The extra proof is needed for something interesting, something unique, unreachable for younger accounts.  And... drumroll... 😕

I was really surprised yesterday. Temporary? C'mon.
Thank you for ten years of devotion - enjoy the title and dull skins?
I hope it's temporary decision. Obviously "decade" utilities/banner should be useful, not the best but permanent (!). 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1