Adventure Guide: Volume Five - Viewing Vista V does not update (Bugged)

Hint: View 0/3 vistas in Ruins of Orr, Frostgorge Sound, or Southsun Cove.

Suggested Locations: Queensdale, Plains of Ashford; Wayfarer Foothills, Metrica Province, Caledon Forest

Tried at Orr and Frostgorge ( no vista in Southsun) and at all 5 suggested locations. None of them work. Still at 0/3

• Like 1

Ran into this issue just now.

Visited five of the six vistas in Straits of Devastation, somehow got two credited for the achievement. Don't remember which ones. I gave up finding out more because while I was trying to find the vistas that work I reached level 80.

It's confusing enough that the hint and the description are clearly mismatched. It's safe to say that it was meant to list the Orr maps instead of the starter zones, but still.

Not to mention that the hint refers to Southsun Cove which famously doesn't have any vistas, whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2023 now, and still no response from the team. I wonder how they choose which bug reports to actually read. I've been holding off on map completion for months because of this broken achievement. These achievements were designed for new players, and it gives a very bad first impression.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

As it seems like they have no intention of fixing this bug, has anyone managed to find a workaround? Are there certain vistas that progress the achievement? I could only find one, but I don't remember which one it was. I don't want to view all of the vistas and complete the map, because then, even after it's fixed, I'll be sitting at 1/3 forever. I don't like having incomplete achievements.

I viewed all vistas in Straits of Devastation, and I have only 1/3, not 2/3 as MikeG does. I wonder whether the vistas don't work if you reach level 80. It seems like there aren't certain vistas that work, and the source of the bug is a little deeper than that. I just wish someone from ArenaNet would at least comment here and say that they are looking into the issue, because it seems like this has been ignored for too long. But they haven't commented on bugs that have been around for years, so I won't get my hopes up. At least it's still a great game, in spite of this mismanagement.

• Like 1

@Rubi Bayer.8493@Double Tap.3940Would you please provide your reasoning as to why most bug reports are not addressed, sometimes after years of the same active threads? We just need a little comment from you to let us know that they are being forwarded to the devs. Otherwise, this section of the forum is just a place for us to commiserate. I realize that Guild Wars 2 has a very generous pricing model and because of that, ArenaNet might be a little understaffed. But players have had their progression blocked for multiple achievements for several years. If I sound frustrated, it's really just because I love your game and want to finish the achievements that I've been blocked on, some of which are even older than this one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still stuck on this one. It's sitting at 1/3 for me. I'm a relatively new player, so I guess that these achievements were supposed to guide people like me. Instead, it's frustrating if I want to complete all of the achievements. Honestly, I'd rather they didn't add the broken "Character Adventure Guide" which it seems many people can't complete. Older players are stuck if they completed story IV, you're stuck if you use a level 80 boost or the waypoint unlock pack. And, it seems like not everyone can get the achievement for viewing vistas in Orr or Frostgorge Sound. I have tried them all.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case ArenaNet ever decides to fix this, maybe we could get them some more information. I'm a newer player, and I started after these achievements were introduced, according to the wiki and forums. I have spoken to people who had characters prior to the August 2022 update, and their characters have managed to complete the achievement, 3/3. For those of you who are unable to complete the achievement, are you new players like I am, or are you also unable to complete it on characters older than the August 2022 update?

It's been a while. I would be so happy if they would fix it. It's not the only broken achievement in that category, but all of the others have workarounds. I would prefer that they just not release achievements at all if so many of them have bugs.

For reference, in case Anet ever decides to fix this, I was under level 80 when I attempted this achievement. I was viewing the vistas for the first time ever, because it was a new character created after August 2022. I did not view any vistas from Orr or Frostgorge Sound until I had unlocked Volume Five. The achievement is stuck at 1/3.

Maybe some other people could provide similar details to help the developers. I hope that they fix it, because I hate having an incomplete achievement sitting in the very top of the panel forever.

I could complete this personally before it became buggued, but apparently, tons of people can't do it now, a friend of mine just made some new accounts to test and it also does not work.

Anet does not even answer those posts, they more or less gave up and they don't have the decency to give any feedback about it.
That's pretty bad, considering that this achievement (adventurer guide) appears at the very top of the achievement list, right under the daily so it's definitely something most people will see and will try to complete.
I wonder if they even plan to fix it...but not even answering to the community after redirecting them here when you contact the support is already something terrible, it might be a sign that they actually don't care about the community or are not qualified to run such a big game anymore.

Just share that as much as you can, maybe if it's big enough, they'll start to pay attention to it.
I love this game and i'm not personally impacted by this issue but it's still very alarming.

How many bugs, posts, players are ignored? 
At some point they'll have to do something.

Edited by Nono.7963
too long comment, did not want to beat around the bush and went straight to the point.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I made a new character to try the adventure guide, and it's really nice being able to level up quicker. Now I'm on volume five and I just found out about the vista bug. Since I reported the bug, I'm just posting here for everyone to know it's still not fixed.

I have tested it a couple of times and here is what happened for me at least:

If you complete volume four without having discovered at least 3 vistas from Orr beforehand, Viewing Vistas V will remain bugged in volume five.

However, if you view 3 vistas from Orr before completing the volume four meta (which unlocks volume five and Viewing Vistas V), the game will detect that the conditions are already met and it will mark it as complete.

This is currently the only workaround for this bug as far as I know. 

Hopefully a bugfix will come eventually since this is probably the only achievement missing for a lot of players in this category.