Returning Living World Season

So, I'm just curious.  With the return of Living Season 1, and reading the wiki and seeing they did it before, is it a reasonable assumption that all of the Living Seasons are going to be making a return with this current event, so they'll be unlockable?  Apparently last year they ran an event that allowed people to unlock all of the seasons.  I guess it'd make sense when considering the 10th anniversary and Steam release.  I'm hoping that's the case and all of them are returning, because I know a lot of people missed out on the seasons when they were free.

Do you think the other seasons will be following season 1 in the coming months?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

They might offer them at no cost again, but not for some time.  They just offered a bundle for Steam players, and indicated they would offer the same bundle for non-Steam players in the future, so offering Living World Seasons at no cost in the near future would probably infuriate all those that paid for the bundle. 

This.

Chances are high there might be a winter sale on all of the games content. That's far enough to not disrupt current new player entries (nothing like buying a game which gets discounted 2 weeks later...) as well as set a new accent close to a holiday in an attempt to again attract more new players.

There might be another round of "get the entire story for loging in" closer to the next expansion launch to increase hype, but that is pure guess work at this point.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3

Seeason 1 is different. That was completely gone - removed from the game so even people who played it when it was first released couldn't play it again. What they're doing now isn't just making it free to unlock for a while (it's actually free permanently) but rebuilding and re-releasing those parts of the game.

Season 2 onwards was made to be permanently available and was never removed, so there's no need to do the same thing they're doing with Season 1.

It's possible there will be another time when it's available for free, but that's only happened twice (once when each episode was released, and once the other year) so it may not be for several years. More likely they'll sell the Season bundles in the gem store for a discounted price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, CarnageTheory.3247 said:

So, I'm just curious.  With the return of Living Season 1, and reading the wiki and seeing they did it before, is it a reasonable assumption that all of the Living Seasons are going to be making a return with this current event, so they'll be unlockable?  Apparently last year they ran an event that allowed people to unlock all of the seasons.  I guess it'd make sense when considering the 10th anniversary and Steam release.  I'm hoping that's the case and all of them are returning, because I know a lot of people missed out on the seasons when they were free.

Do you think the other seasons will be following season 1 in the coming months?

i don't think so, on account of the fact they were already offered for free, circa 2020ish, which was the first time they've offered those for free, as they're a fair breadwinner for the company =p

4 hours ago, SinisterSeven.2781 said:

i don't think so, on account of the fact they were already offered for free, circa 2020ish, which was the first time they've offered those for free, as they're a fair breadwinner for the company =p

They did offer a living world season 4 episode when beetle was released and I think whole season 4 when skyscale was released if I rememeber right.