Make mesmer's stealth be actual stealth

andreiblue.8231

The stealth from stealth gyro stacks with stealth from thief skills, the stealth from ranger longbow skill 3 does too. Meanwhile all mesmer skills say they grant stealth but instead they grant "hide in the shadows" which doesn't stack with stealth.

I get that the stealth from mesmers has a pink outline unlike normal stealth but that doesnt seem a good reason to not stack with stealth and be considered a different a buff

• Like 5

I think it was originally intended to be a balance choice to prevent Mesmers/Thieves being perma-stealthed. But at this point it doesn't seem to be a viable argument.

Historically Mesmer had a second type of stealth too from 'Decoy' which they eventually fixed to show 'Hide in the Shadows.'

It's due time for Mesmer to get the shared stealth type. It would also free up lil bit of space for them since they're getting rid of unique effects more and more.

• Like 4

I agree as well, (unless someone wants to agree to disagree) it would just make more sense to have all forms of stealth under one label. Unless “Hide in Shadows” had some form of other effect, I don’t see any other reason for it to be split or even considered stealth.

Permastealth or atleast a long duration of it can already happen when you have enough thieves, scrappers etc… and in WvW with the added Cloaking Waters, which is my favourite, you can be in stealth for quite awhile lol.

But yeah just for QoL and cleaning up, all forms of “stealth/hide in shadows” the Mesmer has should be considered as a regular stealth just as the medium armored classes have.

Edited by Tseison.4659

3 hours ago, Flow.2947 said:

i fear being even more a vail bot when they do this, but i agree. The balance to this would be a 5 target cap on vail with cd of about 25-30s and giving superspeed??

personally i don't like the 72s cd its too long 

Agreed. Also making the field last only 3 seconds would stop mesmer from being too strong and overrunning wvw.