Pure OW PvE idea for legendary armor

Solvar.7953

3 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Isn't there a problem when in WvW , you can get it by afking ?

There is, but it's related to the obvious difference in possible reward disctribution between co-op and competitive modes. Because pve mode can be easly balanced however the devs want them to, the rewards can be easly related to successful coimpletion of the content. The same can't be said about the competitive modes.

And btw just because there's a problem with that part of the reward distribution, the solution isn't to make all of the game worse. In this case the solution is to introduce anti-afk measures.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

Yes , they can also branch , to get Skins , either the Raid Chair or anything new in Strikes.

I don't really have a problem with a new Legendary or Skin in CM strikes , to allure people

You've missed(?) the context. Go re-read what was quoted in my post.

If skins are enough of a reward for you, then we have plenty of those in ow too. "Add a chair" and we're done I guess.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Oh don’t get your hopes up. We have seen these threads before. They have a lot of visibility and many posts, then they get closed and nothing changes. 

Yeah I know.  Like I said, the odds can be low, but the potential payoff is huge.

If you don't think there's any chance of influencing the direction of the game... what's the point in posting?  I assume the posters in this thread aren't trying to make friends 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

There is, but it's related to the obvious difference in possible reward disctribution between co-op and competitive modes. Because pve mode can be easly balanced however the devs want them to, the rewards can be easly related to successful coimpletion of the content. The same can't be said about the competitive modes.

And btw just because there's a problem with that part of the reward distribution, the solution isn't to make all of the game worse. In this case the solution is to introduce anti-afk measures.

By offering an extra qol set , you cannot simply make the game worse .

You attract them with other stuff , like for example just like the CM Strikes new rewards , where it allows you to unlock (chance) a GEN3 precursor among other

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You've missed(?) the context. Go re-read what was quoted in my post.

If skins are enough of a reward for you, then we have plenty of those in ow too. "Add a chair" and we're done I guess.

Offer them a new Raid Legendary (skins with stats and cost 2000 gold) , or mount , or Lege Weapon

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 2

Just now, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Yeah I know.  Like I said, the odds can be low, but the potential payoff is huge.

If you don't think there's any chance of influencing the direction of the game... what's the point in posting?  I assume the posters in this thread aren't trying to make friends 😂

Thanks for confirming this is nothing else than refusal to play the game on an account to try gaming the forum by baiting easier/faster ones instead.

Huge payoff.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You realise that if people are actively choosing to AFK in a game for hundreds of hours, rather than play, then that's pretty indicative of a fundamental problem with the game design?  Just introducing a deterrent isn't going to root cause the issue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

By offering an extra qol set , you cannot simply make the game worse .

You attract them with other stuff , like for example just like the CM Strikes new rewards , where it allows you to unlock (chance) a GEN3 precursor among other

Nah, you attract them with something that's optional but they still want. Which is exactly what legendaries are. You write about a skin or chair because you know people will just gladly ignore it, lmao. 🤦‍♂️

Please be less obvious in your false reasoning you're including in your posts.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

You realise that if people are actively choosing to AFK in a game for hundreds of hours, rather than play, then that's pretty indicative of a fundamental problem with the game design?  Just introducing a deterrent isn't going to root cause the issue.

You realise that changes absolutely nothing from what I said, even moreso in context of the post I responded to? Are you willingfully ignoring it or was that something you honestly didn't notice?

If there's a faulty reward system in place, the response is to improve the system, not to implement more faulty ones. If people can afk to their rewrads and they obviously shouldn't be, then the response isn't to make more passive rewards, but to prevent being rewarded for afking. Is there anything you don't understand about that?

4 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Fixed for you.  You really should look into that, it's a weird issue.

It's only boring if you don't play it actively, so no, not even close. People claiming "getting raid armor is fast, easy, profitable and comes with additional perks" aren't refusing to get it "because it's boring" despite what you're trying to falsely claim here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nah, you attract them with something that's optional but they still want. Which is exactly what legendaries are. You write about a skin or chair because you know people will just gladly ignore it, lmao. 🤦‍♂️

Please be less obvious in your false reasoning you're including in your posts.

Not exactly true , because there are suckers that goes for the Legendary Weapons each time , to unlock the skins .

And the majority will surely strive towards the Raid one , if they are Charr Males especially

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 4

So I've gone through like 80% of the latest "legendries for open world" topic. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121270-pure-pve-idea-for-legendary-armor/?do=getNewComment 

I see (mostly) both sides to some extent within the confines of, "there are three game modes".

The glaring problem with all these threads is they are a category mistake

There are four game modes. Not three. Let me explain.

There are four "facets" - for lack of a better word - when it comes to game modes. "environmental", "competitive", "open world", and "instanced"

So we have : open world\competitive (WvW), instanced\competitive (PvP), open world\environment (PvE), and instanced\environment (dungeons\fractals\raids\strikes\drms)

I'll leave personal story and living world instances out of this, but if you must categorize them, I'll call them "face-smash" instances. Easily solo-able by pretty much anyone.

These ARE unique game modes. If you can convince me otherwise, I'll give you kudos and fully admit I'm wrong and it was you that convinced me. Tall order; but go ahead and try if you're up to it.

So... the argument that "there's already a PvE leggy set, so kitten\STFD" really falls flat for me.

This has seemed obvious to me since I first started this game 9.5 years ago, with dungeons\fractals being the only instanced\environment mode back then.

Yes, I also think there should be an open world\environment leggy set. I wont argue how it should be implemented, that's anet's job. I also think that each respective set should be EXLUSIVELY obtainable in there respective game modes.

I get why people are stuck in the three game mode mentality. GW2 was pretty much the first "mainstream" game to have four. (at least from what I've seen). 

Am I wrong here? I'm surprised this isn't obvious to most. Literally EVERYONE has a preferred game mode within these four modes. I think most everyone at least senses that there are four, it's just no one ever says it.

I can't be the first person to say this, I've just never seen it on these boards. Doesn't mean it's not there. I'm just saying I've never seen it and everyone still shouts "only thee game modes".

-Fin

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Actually I spend quite some time in WvW and I still haven’t seen these afk masses. Sure there may be some but they are very few. But if they behave this way in WvW or PvP, they would do the same in open world. There are always one or two afking at the airships during DE meta. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Woof.8246 said:

And the majority will surely strive towards the Raid one , if they are Charr Males especially

Ok, go strive for it then. You seem to understand that's the point of those optional long term rewards, not battling on the forum for easier ones.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok, go strive for it then. You seem to understand that's the point of those optional long term rewards, not battling on the forum for easier ones.

It wouldn't hurt though.

That was the original  post from Crash

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Confused 5

hence the category mistake.

what is PvP if not "instanced\competitive?

what is WvW if not open world\competitive?

what are raid\strikes\ etc. if not instanced\environment?

what is PvE if not open world\environment?

if you had to answer in the context of "4 game mode" what % would you put in each?

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

I am going to be even more old school and label that there's only 2 game modes. PvP and PvE. I mean is literally in the name, player vs environment and player vs players. So no I don't agree there's 4. I mean if you want to split this I can even say there's 5. What about the JP players? RP players? You have to cut the line somewhere and anet is the one who decides it. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

I am going to be even more old school and label that there's only 2 game modes. PvP and PvE. I mean is literally in the name, player vs environment and player vs players. So no I don't agree there's 4. I mean if you want to split this I can even say there's 5. What about the JP players? RP players? You have to cut the line somewhere and anet is the one who decides it. 

I understand where your coming from with that and agree in principle. that's why I said it's anets job to figure it out. 

what would you say is the % of playtime in the context of four game modes?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5