Well changes

tyrellian.3706

The upcoming balance patch will change all scrapper wells from moving with the player to being stationary and ground-targetted at 900 range.

While I get that this is a (much needed) nerf to heal scrapper in WvW, it does some rather unpleasant collateral damage to other aspects of scrapper.

* The scrapper class identity is gone - without moving wells we're basically necro knock-offs.

* Power scrapper gets a heavy unneeded nerf.  Shredder gyro will hit far less, and blast gyro will be more-or-less impossible to land given its huge charge-up time.  People will just casually walk away from these now that you can't chase with them..

Could we just make the defensive gyros ground-targetted while keeping the offensive ones moving with the scrapper?  That way we retain at least some of the class identity and don't nerf the power builds.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Yeah I don't understand the gyros are now wells change.

function gyro is a casted gyro why not make the gyros that they intend to be caused a casted gyro and ones not intended stay on the player?

like the sneak gyro is actually horrible now, if i cast it down it will only pulse stealth and leave me with 3 seconds of stealth to work with AFTER SITTING IN THE STEALTH FIELD TANKING DAMAGE! this elite skill no longer feels elite.

Bulwark gyro now will have some funky interaction with pulsing barrier on yourself only while sitting in the gyro! Not to mention the bubble is just a huge nerf, i'd take less uptime than only getting it in a small area and not move with me.

heal gyro will only give heals while sitting in the area...

I have all this super speed now I am forced to sit in my wells to get their benefits? like WHAT?!

I really think anet is doing the wrong thing here with the gyros, I get that they are trying to pull it down from the zerg scene but this is too much to the point that it's no longer small scale/roaming viable

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Alec B.8905 said:

I have all this super speed now I am forced to sit in my wells to get their benefits? like WHAT?!

This is what baffles me.

With the gyro changes, Scrapper isn't just a knockoff necro, we will also be a knockoff Catalyst in small-scale/solo. Catalyst gets HUGE incentives for fighting in their Jade Sphere (including very valuable boons like stab, protection, and quickness; valuable conditions like weakness, aura combo potential for stat buffs) while Scrapper gets...

• Superspeed so you can leave your wells faster
  • Some fury and (mediocre) might
  • Some okay active effects

At least give us trait for stab when we combo in a field or something so we're able to last a bit longer. Don't think they mentioned it, but Defense Field will probably has a cast time, so it won't be as reliable for stab.

Edited by dvomd.4307
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Sigh. ANet is going kill support Scrappers in WvW all over again. So far, we had hard nerfs to Superspeed (5 sec to 1 sec), Medical Dispersion Fields (3 nerfs this year alone) and now they take away some quickness boons and make Wells back to stationary ground targets.

Good, good.

Edited by MintyMin.2718
'Support' Scrappers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MintyMin.2718 said:

Sigh. ANet is going kill Scrappers in WvW. All over again. We had hard nerfs to Superspeed (5 sec to 1 sec), Medical Dispersion Fields (3 nerfs this year alone) and now they take away some quickness boons and make Wells back to stationary ground targets.

Good, good.

you mean ALL Quicness boons, Kinetic Acceleratos is only trait that gives aoe and SELF quickness

Other self quickness are elixir U and one trait on tool tree -_- when most ppl taking explosives/alchemy+firearms

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Confused 1

Scrapper is my most played spec in all game modes. 

I refuse to get attached to Mech because it will not last long. 

Holo is too selfish for my taste and doesn't interest me as much. 

If Scrapper gets gutted to this extent, I'm either moving on to another class entirely or moving on to a different game.

At least finances finally allow me to pick up a Nintendo switch so I can get back into competitive smash bros again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

In wvw, these changes will affect the zerg scrapper the least. Groups will not have to wait long in place for stealth and blasts. Shredder/bulwark/blast/medic gyros can still be useful when two groups are fighting and throwing crap at each other in a relatively small area.

But out of a group setting these will be as good as ground targeted turrets.

"Excuse me, would you please stand closer to my shredder turret?" ☠️

• Like 4