October 4th Balance Patch Preview - Warrior Only Notes

oscuro.9720

2 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Never underestimate the pressure you generate by suddenly busting out a 6k cyclone axe when your opponent thought you'd be blind or weakened.

That position makes people want to dodge, and guess who has a decap ready for you if you decide to. 

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ᵐᵉᵉᵉᵉᵉ

I usually go into Berserk after I've locked them down, but yeah with the instant cast it's getting pulled out sooner from now on.

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I usually go into Berserk after I've locked them down, but yeah with the instant cast it's getting pulled out sooner from now on.

Sometimes a zerk pulled out before they get CCed is more crippling to a flowchart response than actually CCing them. And if they react to it in any way that involves the V key all those options you were going to use are open, guaranteed. 

Never underestimate not being blindable/weakened at your behest, even if the time is short. 

Also zerk is instant now, which means the intimidation flowchart has widened significantly. You cant wait for the red anim anymore, so even a zerk being within striking distance of you is bad. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

11 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Sometimes a zerk pulled out before they get CCed is more crippling to a flowchart response than actually CCing them. And if they react to it in any way that involves the V key all those options you were going to use are open, guaranteed. 

Never underestimate not being blindable/weakened at your behest, even if the time is short. 

Also zerk is instant now, which means the intimidation flowchart has widened significantly. You cant wait for the red anim anymore, so even a zerk being within striking distance of you is bad. 

Oh yeah, believe me I'm going to enjoy some gunflame action after the 4th.

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I suspect that it will function like Sundering Burst does, where it is once per interval per target hit.

It will be on a 5s interval (per the stream anyway).

That's probably for the best, although it does ruin my scheme to drop combustive shot/scorched earth all over nodes to pulse weakness as well as burning... 😈

13 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The damage boost is when you have stability, it also gives stability on CC. Brave Stride in PvE can provide multiple stacks of stability for high upkeep depending on your boon duration and movement skill setup. Spellbreaker comes with built in CC no matter which weapon you take. Making CTW easier to activate is also a passive increase in DPS because it's damage mod is easier to access. MH while only working for two weapons, is also a 20% increase when wielding those weapons. Overall they improved damage access, improved access to AH, improved defenses with added protection and resistance, and added more barrier for damage mitigation, and added an easy source of stability. I'd say that for OW it is a drastic improvement to the line.

The only use cases I can see where people should QQ is people who were meming with 5000 power builds and BSW's cheesing Arm's crit chance on burst to run Cavalier builds. For former, that really isn't an efficient build (yes I played with it, you kill things almost as quickly running a normal build and have more variety in your setup to do so), and for the later that build will suffer more due to the TR nerf but will still function well with either unshakable mountain or the new stance trait while running a power main stat set. Basically it will move to Valkyrie instead and abuse barrier applications.

Maybe I just consider myself cautiously pessimistic, knowing how Anet treats Warriors and has treated us for years. Its hard for me to see buffs without thinking that they are still nerfs in some way 😛 

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Maybe I just consider myself cautiously pessimistic, knowing how Anet treats Warriors and has treated us for years. Its hard for me to see buffs without thinking that they are still nerfs in some way 😛 

Nah, I feel you. After the treatment warrior has received since Feb2020 it is not easy to look at the list of buffs and not be suspicious. I know a bunch of PvE'ers are not happy about Berserk Mode no longer being a T3 Burst. They can use the actual T3 Burst, use another adrenaline gaining skill, and then go into Berserk Mode instantly and keep going. All this does is change their opener to include another high damage attack. They have to replace Outrage with another rage skill that gives more adrenaline/berserk uptime since that combo will be gone. All in all I think you'll see the benchmarks go up.

Even Spellbreaker is apparently benching 35k now, though I haven't found the supposed video of it, and they don't have a T3 burst available to them. I suspect that benchmark will also go up with how BP has been changed.

As far as competitive goes, Berserk is going to murder people again and I am so happy. They could have just reverted the cast speed increases and damage nerfs and it would have been in a decent spot along with the Defense rework, but I am all on board with removing tradeoffs at this point. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Even Spellbreaker is apparently benching 35k now, though I haven't found the supposed video of it, and they don't have a T3 burst available to them. I suspect that benchmark will also go up with how BP has been changed.

The Spellbreaker benchmarks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, erapago.4387 said:

The Spellbreaker benchmarks

Thank you. They weren't showing up in my google searches.

Edit:
It's worth pointing out that Pure Strike is adding in an extra 35% critical damage, which is substantial. I wonder why this hasn't made it onto Snowcrow's yet? This can put out group quickness and pulls higher numbers than the quickness power BSW they have up in their benchmark tiers.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

2 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

We... can have nice things? I mean I know they are benchmarks which don't really mean much of anything, but still..... 

yes, we can have nice things too. Hold your head high my brother in war. Long have we toiled in mud, shackled by the chains borne from the fear of the unrighteous. But we must not despair! We must not give up hope! For we are warriors, if we have not hope for the next battle, than what have we? We must guard that which they cannot take, must protect the burning embers with our lives, so that when given the opportunity, we may rise with such a forceful thrust that we shake the world. Hark! The time is nigh! Our shackles shall soon be unbound! The weight though hast grown accustomed to shall be removed. Thy sword shall feel as if made of feathers, and thine legs as if fueled by the Ley Lines themselves! 

But yea, there’s really not much of a catch in these notes, we get nice things. That’s 2 patches in a row! Everyone…EVERYONE! We have a new record!

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 3