No need to nerf ele, untamed is strong and need the check

Crab Fear.8623

Stability nerf to catalyst is stupid. 

You already have to work to gain stab in catalyst. It’s one stack. And it’s very short. 

Now they’re making it even shorter. Nerf damage, fine, but stab is the last thing that needs nerfing. 

Especially when so many other professions, like Engineer, get quickness thrown at them and have much easier access to stab with much more useful stun breaks. 

I don’t see too many untamed but they’re not too bad outside of the ffa and there people are running useless troll builds that I rarely see in actual matches. 

I would agree about the nerf but soulbeast changes will likely push untamed out the window.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, felix.2386 said:

this tells me that you are very bad at cata

Compare it to other professions with stab access. 

I see no reason why it shouldn’t stack. Dagger/dagger is going to be much easier to generate stability on but with the energy cost on hammer it’s not as easily accessible due to a lack of combo fields.

But catalysts and elementalist in general are great at countering thieves so I can totally understand your bias.

If you’re struggling against elementalists try out a condi build with high immob potential. You’ll get there, chap.

It’s at least more access than thief and non jails herald or mes.

The point is that the entire purpose of the grandmaster trait is to grant stab on aura access, and as a grandmaster trait I think it could use beefing up, not reduction. It’s requires an expansion AND using combo finishers versus pressing 11111111111111 on a flamethrower. 

If you’re envious as a thief, I’d check the wiki and look at skill tooltips to see how you can incorporate more stability into your build.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

first of all: what the actual duck did i just read xD

secondly:

Cata nerfs... are okey... as they wont really be noticable that much.

From time to time the stab can be a bit over the top. My brother is a pretty good cata and its a pain in the butt to CC him.

A good Cata can maintain atleast 1 stack during the times where its needed....  and a good cata will still be able to do so after the nerfs.

no worries, cata will be fine. They had to give it a little tap with the nerf hammer. If they nerf bsw and specter, which they do, cata would be a outlier in terms of strength.

But comparing bsw, specter and cata.... cata nerf is almost not noticable. It will still be a top build.

Edited by Sahne.6950

back to topic:

i hear alot of people complaints about Untamed. Mainly they complain about the "macro-instant-teleburst". So if anything they have to get rid of the Cooldownreduction of the teleport.

I have a little idea here:

The instant teleburst is pretty hard to pull off. Its is so hard, that alot of people are actually using macros to do it. This brings a balance nightmare.... most people wont be able to pull it off, and a few people can completly butcher you every 20 seconds.  They should make executing the move more reliable, so that it can be done without macros, but at the same time give it alot longer cooldown to compensate. Something like 40 seconds with no CD reduction.  (40 seconds for a instant burst is still pretty nice, ngl)

This would make Untamed more accessible for the average player, while at the same time fix the macro problem, and make those bursts less frequent.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1