why is there no solo end-game content?

RagiNagi.1802

15 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

Again, I'm not arguing that solo content should be introduced to replace group content. 

That is very much what you kept saying on multiple occasions though, so not sure "that's not what you're arguing for".

Plenty of harder solo content available in the game, as well as opportunities to "test out builds" which is what you keep saying you're looking for. So how is this still somehow not good enough? It's because you're kind of bent here to specifically turn group content into solo farmable versions.

4 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

That feels like a stretch.  "Replace" would mean that group content didn't exist any more.  Yes there would be some lost development time on other things, but I have specifically looked for the lowest possible resource solution to this.  Also, the solo strikes, if popular, would use most of the resources of group strikes anyway, so actually help justify investing in instanced content over open world and story by adding a new player base for it.

Regular strikes are already popular, so there doesn't seem to be a need to change them.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

I agree that high end group content is a small proportion of the game, and to be clear, I like high end group content and hope they add more of it.

That said, I don't think your argument holds up.  You could just as easily say that groups of players could get together to take on open world champs without armour if they want a challenge.  Soloing champs isn't an acceptable solution for the same reason you don't see many players doing that.  It's long, probably boring, and unrewarding, so it feels like a waste of time.

Also, pugging really isn't a solution for the problem.  Pug groups might not be demanding, but you can't play at your own pace, jump in to whatever you want whenever you want, experiment with different strategies etc. (I actually don't think I've seen all the mechanics in several strikes because the group tactic of "stack and hit" ignores them).   Again, I use LFG, and I enjoy pugging (enough), but this simply is not a replacement for the kind of gameplay I'm talking about.

So the niche that's missing is, basically exactly what you said - strikes/raids/hard fractals, which is less than 5% of the game for groups, and zero percent for solo players.  And I'm not even asking for fractals and raids.

ok so the problem boils down to solo able strikes.  Same argument applies, to make a Strike solo able it would need to be fundamentally different than group strikes, so your not practicing anything for group strikes,  you are asking for brand new content called solo strikes.  Lets say for arguments sake this is built - this content is dying as soon as its created, no player is going to play the same single content over and over for a prolonged period of time with no variety via the group composition. That is poor content value for developer cost, especially considering 95%+ of the content in the game is already solo able.  

put it another way, imagine Anet said they have released new content; an instanced champion that has strike like phases to its attacks. Sounds grotty doesn't it, but that's exactly what a solo strike would be.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, CrashTestAuto.9108 said:

and zero percent for solo players.  And I'm not even asking for fractals and raids.

It's not zero percent for solo players and you know that, if only because it has been repeatedly said directly to you, by multiple users. But if you want a game with such a big focus on single player gameplay, play a single player game. You bring up souls series and elden ring as example of the type of gameplay you want. At that point... just launch souls series or elden ring for your singleplayer fix and then play mmorpg for multiplayer aspect of it?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Is it even possible to check total number of clears for strikes somewhere (raids and fracts too)? 

Do you need a "total number of clears" to understand something's already popular when you can just participate in pug groups daily and see you're not getting the same people in the squads? Even randomly opening lfg now shows plenty of exp groups and some training ones. (...raids and fractals too)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Do you need a "total number of clears" to understand something's already popular when you can just participate in pug groups daily and see you're not getting the same people in the squads? Even randomly opening lfg now shows plenty of exp groups and some training ones. (...raids and fractals too)

Well people say "raids are done by the minority in this game", you say "strikes are rly popular". So one of the 2 is false. Plus raid lfg is more alive. Fractal one aswell depending on time of the day. To me it looks like the same population who raid is doing strikes aswell as a side thing, and if the same population by others is called the "minority" can u then say that the content "strikes" is that popular then?

Edited by soul.9651
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, soul.9651 said:

Well people say "raids are done by the minority in this game", you say "strikes are rly popular". So one of the 2 is false. Plus raid lfg is more alive. Fractal one aswell depending on time of the day.

All of them are alive, I'm really not sure what point in relation to what I wrote you're trying to make.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

All of them are alive, I'm really not sure what point in relation to what I wrote you're trying to make.

My point is there is the same amount of people doing strikes who are doing raids aswell. So i wouldnt call the strikes beeing popular as long as raids arent popular aswell then (aka content done only by the minority in this game). And dont drop any nonsence that its not the same people, look at any decent lfg every single ORGANIZED one is asking for li as kp aswell (if we are looking at a standart ibs + eod runs with meta compositions or cms)

In other words: strikes are not that popular

Edited by soul.9651
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

My point is there is the same amount of people doing strikes who are doing raids aswell.

How do you know that? You've pretty much just made this up, where in turn you can always do what I wrote above and see for yourself whether or not something's popular.

14 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

So i wouldnt call the strikes beeing popular as long as raids arent popular aswell then (aka content done only by the minority in this game). And dont drop any nonsence that its not the same people, look at any decent lfg every single ORGANIZED one is asking for li as kp aswell (if we are looking at a standart ibs + eod runs with meta compositions or cms)

First of all... It's not "nonsense", it's a fact. Secondly, the claim about all of them constantly demanding kp/li is simply false. How do I know that? Because, again, I am pugging those and know what squads I also join. It seems rather funny to me that you consider "participating and looking who you're playing with" as "nonsense" when all you're going off of here is... "someone said it's not popular".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

How do you know that? You've pretty much just made this up, where in turn you can always do what I wrote above and see for yourself whether or not something's popular.

How do i know? When people make squads for strikes and ask for li as kp this doesnt mean that the run will be done by the same people who also raid and have that amount of li? Its common sence. And dont pretend that the majority of groups dont ask for any kp

Edited by soul.9651
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, soul.9651 said:

How do i know? When people make squads for strikes and ask for li as kp this doesnt mean that the run will be done by the same people who also raid and have that amount of li? Its common sence. And dont pretend that the majority of groupst dont ask for any kp

That would suggest that somehow all strike squads require LI to join, which isn't even remotely close to being true. Some might ask for it, so what? Those are pretty clearly not even close to being majority.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

And dont pretend that the majority of groups dont ask for any kp

At least on EU the majority doesn’t ask for any kp for normal mode, there are groups that do but they are not the majority. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Yeah sure.. "250li" is a myth. Never seen that one before at lfg :")

Ok, do you understand what I write and what you write? Because "250li squad exists" and "everyone asks for li" are 2 vastly different claims.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

My point is there is the same amount of people doing strikes who are doing raids aswell. So i wouldnt call the strikes beeing popular as long as raids arent popular aswell then (aka content done only by the minority in this game). And dont drop any nonsence that its not the same people, look at any decent lfg every single ORGANIZED one is asking for li as kp aswell (if we are looking at a standart ibs + eod runs with meta compositions or cms)

Very seldom are there any call for LI as KP for Strikes. I do Strikes almost daily and have hardly ever seen that, I play on NA server but I truly doubt EU is any different.

Many do daily Strikes whereas they would not do Raids, or if they do, very infrequently. Why? becaise most Strikes are very easy and fast to complete. The same Raiders may do Strikes but the same can't be said for the reverse

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Are you perhaps Na?

I hear the pug scene over there is pretty barren.

That's a myth. It's not but then it really depends on the time of the day as well.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Silent.6137 said:

Very seldom are there any call for LI as KP for Strikes. I do Strikes almost daily and have hardly ever seen that, I play on NA server but I truly doubt EU is any different.

Many do daily Strikes whereas they would not do Raids, or if they do, very infrequently. Why? becaise most Strikes are very easy and fast to complete. The same Raiders may do Strikes but the same can't be said for the reverse

Welp idk when i log in during the day i see plenty who ask for kp. Altho its true there are some who dont(most of them will be "3ez ibs strikes") but if its something like ibs + eod cms (which are popular aswell) they will ask for kp(and it doesnt matter which kp, if you have strike cms kp, you most likely gonna have ton of li aswell).

• Confused 5

Just now, soul.9651 said:

Welp idk when i log in during the day i see plenty who ask for kp. Altho its true there are some who dont(most of them will be "3ez ibs strikes") but if its something like ibs + eod cms (which are popular aswell) they will ask for kp(and it doesnt matter which kp, if you have strike cms kp, you most likely gonna have ton of li aswell).

When I wrote the post about "even randomly opening lfg now shows plenty of exp groups and some training ones" ( https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121940-why-is-there-no-solo-end-game-content/page/12/#comment-1830982 ), this is what was in lfg:

https://i.imgur.com/c5nJcey.png

https://i.imgur.com/R0oMXqa.png

Just look at all those... 0 li-requiring groups.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

When I wrote the post about "even randomly opening lfg now shows plenty of exp groups and some training ones" ( https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121940-why-is-there-no-solo-end-game-content/page/12/#comment-1830982 ), this is what was in lfg:

https://i.imgur.com/c5nJcey.png

https://i.imgur.com/R0oMXqa.png

Just look at all those... 0 li-requiring groups.

Sure, i would like to see u joining without any kp or kp.me acc to those cms runs 

• Confused 7

6 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Sure, i would like to see u joining without any kp or kp.me acc to those cms runs 

I don't have kp.me acc. I often (but I'm not limiting myself to those by any means) play within training/no-req squads.

Funnily enough in the screenshot from above you have no req AH CM squad with experienced comm. Well, the requirement there is "know what to do", but that seems understandable? If you don't want to know what to do, you might as well make your own CM training squad.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Welp idk when i log in during the day i see plenty who ask for kp.

Easy to find out if you're mistaken or not. Pick a busy period with lots of LFG listings. Take a screenshot and post, and we can count the number that ask to ping any requirements. Be it LI, title ot gears.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't have kp.me acc. I often (but I'm not limiting myself to those by any means) play within training/no-req squads. You're wrong.

Funnily enough in the screenshot from above you have no req AH CM squad with experienced comm. Well, the requirement there is "know what to do", but that seems understandable? If you don't want to know what to do, you might as well make your own CM training squad.

Sure.. and it also says guild run and its likely most of the squad will be at the discord comunicating with each other and beeing able to carry the rest of the pugs who joins. Plus some pugs especially if its a training run just dont listen and keep dying to the same things or even worse. I can make fract cms lfg with "know what to do" aswell to watch absolute the opposite happening if someone new joins. Same goes to any other "know what to do" lfg including strike cms

Edited by soul.9651
  • Confused 6