is there another chrono bug?

Stalima.5490

I just saw a chrono in pvp and somehow it doesn't seem right for it to have a 2 second cooldown invulnerability, fighting the chrono for a good minute or so I must have been able to get half a flamethrower flamejet or less between invulnerables before managing to land a stun for someone else to burst.

we arent't talking barrier or evades here, were just talking the words invulnerable to damage over and over for nearly a minute.

• Confused 1

Nope! No bug. A couple of things at play here:

Chronomancers now have access to distortion as of the patch. Signet of Illusions immediately reduces CD on all shatters (including distortion). Continuum Split rewinds cooldowns. With proper distortion shatters inside of continuum split, you can get around 12 seconds of immunity.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That doesn't account for the rest of the time they were invulnerable though to iterate this was well beyond 12 seconds of invuln and closer to around 45-50 seconds with a full shift signet cooldoown cycle finishing and then further time before and after of constant invulnerables.

As someone who has played mesmer for 7 years I think chrono is currently the best class in the game.  However that is mostly to do with their nuke damage and nothing to do with their survivability.   Chrono basically has to decide if it wants to do damage or survive.  If it is using shatters and continuum shift to burst you then outside of shield 4 it will just fall over.   The addition of distortion is great but even with this most players are not capable of playing mesmer well.  

I'm guess that like 99% of players you are just thoughtlessly going through your damage rotation and running at the chrono not really paying attention to what you are doing.  You should know every classes abilities and traits and cooldowns and animations and be aware of these things.  I understand that's asking a lot but you can't really get frustrated with how the game works until you have at least tried your best to understand it.   In your head keep a mental note of what attacks he has used and what he can not use now.  Then you can know how to bait out interrupts, dodges, stun breaks, etc.  Again most people don't play on this level, but when you encounter someone who does they are going to obliterate you regardless of what class they are playing.  

• Like 1

Everything that kittens around with All Cooldowns will be broken, Bladesworn is good example as even the most boring utilities like shouts that give boons or cleanse become nonsense when you can reset them, then you have the kitten that can hit you while dodging or is invulnerable, good example here Vindicator just dodge the dodge builds . But the TRUE OG that has all of this nonsense is Mesmer and every time it gets some leeway the game gets stupid.

I think the way they restricted Bladesworn is pretty good, if you want to get maximum value of some things you should get certain things. Such approach would probably have done wonders with mesmer since core wouldn't have eaten that many nerfs every time there some stupid mechanic from shinny new spec. I really hope there isn't some FOTM mesmer build since every time there was one in the game SPVP has taken fatal blow dragging it to death.