Baseline pet boonshare PLEASE !

PolarBear.3961

Please and make it so that pets cant share boons from other players, only from the pets owner. Bam no more pets stealing boons from the player blobs and a nice qol for all the ranger players. (Yes nature magic has pet boonshare i know 😛 and YES we heal as one has it too but come on ! Mechanist has pet boonshare on a  best in slot OP signet... not in a useless traitline or a long cast heal skill 😕)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Pets don't even do any damage so I don't know why you would even want them to get boons. The core traitlines are fine and pets are just utility.

Few thousand dps isn't nothing. And boons don't only affect dmg, but also survivability/functionality, especially outside of PvE.

• Like 4

I'd say move it to beastmastery but then we could argue if the pet stat / speed adjustment should be baseline and also what would replace the boon share in nature magic.  

It might be fine as-is because nature magic is arguably better than wilderness survival for pure defense due to the role boons play in the game now.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

8 minutes ago, PolarBear.3961 said:

No one picks nature magic as a dps build tho... 

Exactly so why do you need your boons to be copied to the pet with a signet style skill. Again the pet is just utility, I mean for all the problems with it in WvW at least it can trigger traps.

• Confused 2

The ranger is a pet class... i want our pets to be on the same level as the mech when it comes to boon sharing ! Rangers are literally THE pet class not the kitten Mechanist... I dont want to be forced to take a kitten support traitline (NM) just to buff/boonshare my pet ! Edit: this is for PvE... I dont give a dingus about PvP.

Edited by PolarBear.3961
  • Like 3

On 10/15/2022 at 10:02 AM, PolarBear.3961 said:

The ranger is a pet class... i want our pets to be on the same level as the mech when it comes to boon sharing ! Rangers are literally THE pet class not the kitten Mechanist... I dont want to be forced to take a kitten support traitline (NM) just to buff/boonshare my pet ! Edit: this is for PvE... I dont give a dingus about PvP.

Again it would do Zero to improve Ranger. Get them to buff the pets first since boons do nothing. The highest I have seen any pet go was about 5k DPS(full raids buff). Compared with the Mechanist's Mech which can get something like 15k+ this means nothing.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

Again it would do Zero to improve Ranger. Get them to buff the pets first since boons do nothing. The highest I have seen any pet go was about 5k DPS(full raids buff). Compared with the Mechanist's Mech which can get something like 15k+ this means nothing.

We need to get something to make boons easier to apply to the pets sooner or later anyway and without consistent boons it's harder to estimate the actual pet power. This change is better to be done now than after other required changes.
Also Mech is most likely getting bonked with the nerf hammer on Nov 29th so don't use the 15k as a requirement.

18 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

We need to get something to make boons easier to apply to the pets sooner or later anyway and without consistent boons it's harder to estimate the actual pet power. This change is better to be done now than after other required changes.
Also Mech is most likely getting bonked with the nerf hammer on Nov 29th so don't use the 15k as a requirement.

I think people want to move away from the pets being OP or being the focus of balance (imagine a PvP damage nerf to Ranger Player due to pet). I think the focus should always be that pets are a utility for the Ranger to do damage (Canines having a long cripple skill to trigger Predator's Onslaught)

Edited by Mell.4873

45 minutes ago, Rysdude.3824 said:

A trait that allows the pet to inherit stat increases from the player.

Don't think that will ever happen due to how powerful some of the pet bursts are.  The most they could do with it would be on Untamed, if you unleash the pet it would get powered up scaled off the ranger stats.  Even so that's kind of counter-intuitive as the 'pet unleashed' state is way more a defensive tool than offensive, so increased stats for pet would do little there.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:02 PM, PolarBear.3961 said:

Ranger has always been balanced around PvP though.  Mech on the other hand is a LI build balanced around PvE, it is absolutely trash in WvW and 90% of ranked sPvP.  Which is why I don't personally opine for ranger to be 'more like mechanist' as its only good in one mode and partially because of rifle buffs.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1