Maybe vindicator shouldn't be able to dodge while immobilized

Terrorhuz.4695

6 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Not even close unless you're talking Virtuoso.

Distortion is literally an 'I can't die' button and is the single most powerful effect in the game. Courage is strong, but there is literally nothing more powerful than Distortion. 

That's not the point, Dist is a defensive profession skill that is reset with SoI, Courage is a defensive profession mechanic that is reset with RF.

On 11/14/2022 at 2:32 PM, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

That's not the point, Dist is a defensive profession skill that is reset with SoI, Courage is a defensive profession mechanic that is reset with RF.

They're obviously not the exact same skill. As I said RF has the invuln attached to it while Illusion signet resets an F4 invuln, so they function largely the same but one has significantly more value and is a utility slot instead of an elite. 

Also, if you want to compare Courage to Distortion....yeah, that's the easiest win for Distortion. 

10 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

They're obviously not the exact same skill. As I said RF has the invuln attached to it while Illusion signet resets an F4 invuln, so they function largely the same but one has significantly more value and is a utility slot instead of an elite. 

Also, if you want to compare Courage to Distortion....yeah, that's the easiest win for Distortion. 

It doesn't have significantly more value than RF and also utilities are often better than elites. Imagine if I could have a 2nd blink as my elite skill, that would be insane.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741

4 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

It doesn't have significantly more value than RF and also utilities are often better than elites. Imagine if I could have a 2nd blink as my elite skill, that would be insane.

imagine having a second gravitywell as your utility skill, that would be insane.

Edited by Sahne.6950

2 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

imagine having a second gravitywell as your utility skill, that would be insane.

Grav well is good but I would take blink over it any day. Also, look at shorts, he doesn't take Signet of Illusions on either condi Chrono or power Chrono - perhaps it has less value than you give it credit for. RF on the other hand is used on pretty much every guard build.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Grav well is good but I would take blink over it any day. Also, look at shorts, he doesn't take Signet of Illusions on either condi Chrono or power Chrono - perhaps it has less value than you give it credit for. RF on the other hand is used on pretty much every guard build.

Name 1 good Elite skill that guardian has, besides RF

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

"Sir, theyre the same picture"

Nope, on many classes you can play without the elite just fine (Virtuoso is a prime example), on Guard this isn't really viable -> rf is very important.

That said the point of my argument isn't to say RF is super strong or anything, just pointing out that saying "Siget of Illusion should be an elite skill with the same cooldown as RF" is a bad line of argument.

• Confused 1

You guys know what? Guard used to have revelant elites, but they were all nerfed.

Edit:

For example "Feel My Wrath!" used to give better Quickness uptime and Quickness affected revives. It lost even more value with removal of concentration (boon duration) Amulets from sPvP. There was point in time support Guardians and hammer Guardians would take FMW! over RF.

They really should focus on making all Elite skills viable choices for all classes. 

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Confused 1