"Support does not have the tools to fix it"

AphoticEssance.7592

I don't understand why you would have a beta in WvW for restructuring but not have a way to fix people getting stuck on wrong matchups. This should be a thing that have been built in from day one.

How does this happen? Its ok to have things go wrong and people be in wrong matchups beta on day one? Find a way to help those who get screwed over by these beta tests please. 

Edited by AphoticEssance.7592

There is probably a way to fix it by highly manual intervention from the coder that can't be done at scale.  They just don't spend time programming a tool that support could use. Why would they? They'd have to then support any bugs caused by the tool and train support on how to use the tool.  And who is to say why you are in the wrong matchup? I want them doing root cause analysis and fixing the bugs, not increasing the costs of this project. Support tools usually come afterwards.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gotta love how they try to reinvent the wheel. People can't play with their mates because of whatever reasons... You can't swap to same team because gotta do it in between match ups. Outnumberd is still present and theirs a huge difference between the sizes of the teams. 

Like if this is the Alliance thing we've been waiting for I must say. It's very disappointing. It's basically same as before without the certainty of having you're friends with you. With added extra steps on server transfers  rofl.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Counter Terrorist.7421 said:

Gotta love how they try to reinvent the wheel. People can't play with their mates because of whatever reasons... You can't swap to same team because gotta do it in between match ups. Outnumberd is still present and theirs a huge difference between the sizes of the teams. 

Like if this is the Alliance thing we've been waiting for I must say. It's very disappointing. It's basically same as before without the certainty of having you're friends with you. With added extra steps on server transfers  rofl.

People can't play with their mates because of whatever reasons...

The primary culprit being they DIDN'T properly select their guild in the WvW tab. 5 betas in and we still have players who think they select their guild for the beta in the guild panel.

Outnumberd is still present and theirs a huge difference between the sizes of the teams. 

The teams were balanced population-wise at the start of the beta. The problem is some servers/guilds/players chose to stack into Alliance guilds for the beta, meaning they all got to play together, whereas smaller guilds and random players got placed together, saw they were at a disadvantage and stopped playing after the weekend. Factor in the festival starting on Tuesday and the populations became even further skewed when more players left WvW to participate in the festival activities instead.

Like if this is the Alliance thing we've been waiting for I must say. It's very disappointing

This is a beta testing a lot of the systems that will be the foundation of Alliances. No one is actually able to use the Alliance system yet. The players/guilds/servers who formed their own Alliance guilds for the beta did so by setting it up themselves which Anet had nothing to do with.

In other words, some people were proactive regarding the beta, others weren't. Don't complain just because you were one of the players who wasn't.