DX11 can be fatal in endgame content

Ever since, the DX11 implementation has had graphical display issues. These are especially deadly in endgame content like Raids, Strikes and Fractals, when an effect that doesn't render downs or even kills you because you couldn't see it.

Example: Growing orange circles that indicate an impact  and other vital indicators don't always render properly

• Be it the circle in the Boneskinner Strike Mission, before it jumps back into the center of the platform (I often have to guess the moment of impact based on my experience) or ...
  • ... the fiery orange lava coat on the rocks in the Sunqua Peak Fractal that help you distinguish between the solid rocks, behind which you will find shelter, and the already broken ones. This is escpecially "fun" when you are doing it in Challenge Mode.

Can you please fix this mess of vital effects not rendering under DX11?

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Oh, I wonder if that is the reason that sometimes the large orange circle of death (Jaws of Destruction) in the Harvest Temple strike mission isn't rendering. 

I guess so!  I've seen teammates complaining about this quite a few times.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it is related to DX11  or something else but for me the pulsing orange meteor impact circles in Sunqua Peak Fractal do not render at all. When I first started this fractal, I died in this phase every time and didn't know what it was about.  Until I saw it on youtube and was surprised that in my game I can' t see the impact circles. The solid rock Is also hard to spot.

I'm new to raids and when I tried raids, everyone was talking about all the different colored circles. It was really frustrating because I couldn't see the circles.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Liliana Moore.4237 said:

I'm not sure if it is related to DX11  or something else but for me the pulsing orange meteor impact circles in Sunqua Peak Fractal do not render at all. When I first started this fractal, I died in this phase every time and didn't know what it was about.  Until I saw it on youtube and was surprised that in my game I can' t see the impact circles. The solid rock Is also hard to spot.

I'm new to raids and when I tried raids, everyone was talking about all the different colored circles. It was really frustrating because I couldn't see the circles.

Are you sure you didn't turn on "Disable Area of Effect Rings" in options? Also make sure you aren't running on low settings, its generally not a good idea to go into a strike or raid on low because it hides some tells. I think this is mostly affected by the shaders option, but other settings might apply.

I've only encountered this bug once at Boneskinner on DX11.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Are you sure you didn't turn on "Disable Area of Effect Rings" in options? Also make sure you aren't running on low settings, its generally not a good idea to go into a strike or raid on low because it hides some tells. I think this is mostly affected by the shaders option, but other settings might apply.

I've been playing with Area of Effect Rings turned on since I realized that turning them off hides not only the "rings" but also numerous 3D textures and objects, such as birthday blaster cakes. I have all graphics settings at max except post processing, which causes too much glow and blurry details on some textures.

On 12/3/2022 at 4:11 AM, Liliana Moore.4237 said:

I'm not sure if it is related to DX11  or something else but for me the pulsing orange meteor impact circles in Sunqua Peak Fractal do not render at all. When I first started this fractal, I died in this phase every time

Well, this is exactly what keeps happening to me every single time ever since I switched to DX11!

I have to look at other players and quickly run to their location in order to survive.

This really sucks...

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yesterday, the green circle's arrows did not render for anyone during the Aetherblade Hideout CM strike mission, the ones that indicate whether there are too many/few players in the circle.

@Double Tap, are the devs aware and looking into these render issues?

I didn't realise there were supposed to be arrows, I've never seen them, just the green circle.

• Confused 1

I have it disabled or whatever that setting got changed to after DX11 went out of beta. I never get crashes and would frequently get them under DX11 despite having everything updated. 

The AoE bug existed before DX11 although that doesn’t mean it wasn’t made worse. The solution that worked most of the time was to increase the model limit or perhaps it was another setting. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Yesterday, the green circle's arrows did not render for anyone during the Aetherblade Hideout CM strike mission, the ones that indicate whether there are too many/few players in the circle.

The same thing happened to me in today's daily Sunqua Peak fractal during the water phase. The green circles were very translucent and barely visible, and the yellow arrows were not there at all.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

The AoE bug existed before DX11 although that doesn’t mean it wasn’t made worse. The solution that worked most of the time was to increase the model limit or perhaps it was another setting. 

I'm on highest settings, it doesn't do anything to prevent certain AoE effects/indicators from not rendering.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...