Is Concentration useless at WvW? ...

Buran.3796

...I mean, ouside pure support builds. The gap in duration for the most valuable boons (as stabilty, protection or quickness.. ) from PvE to WvW/PvP is so large that I'm lately wondering if using gear with concentration stats in those game modes is a waste (outside a support build or a hybrid build taking advantege of celestial). A ~% increase over almost nothing still remains close to nada.

What do you think, folks, should I reeset those diviner stats to something like marauder or dragon?

I’ve been using some diviners for the first time on the recent boon vindi roaming build. 

it’s hard to say whether I notice any real effect from it compared to just having more power or toughness or w/e

I’m sure there are times when I’m getting extra barrier because I had an extra boon or two for .5 seconds, but man it’s a lot of stats to add an extra .5 second to some of those shorter lived boons. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

...I mean, ouside pure support builds. The gap in duration for the most valuable boons (as stabilty, protection or quickness.. ) from PvE to WvW/PvP is so large that I'm lately wondering if using gear with concentration stats in those game modes is a waste (outside a support build or a hybrid build taking advantege of celestial). A ~% increase over almost nothing still remains close to nada.

What do you think, folks, should I reeset those diviner stats to something like marauder or dragon?

I don't bother running full diviners because you have very little defense and the precision and ferocity is the same as celestial stats. My favorite builds use either celestial/diviners or dragons/commanders.

• Thanks 1

I tried out some different combinations tonight for power Vindicator roaming builds.

Because we’ve got sigil proc back on legend swap, if you are swapping weapons after legends you can get all four procs every 9-10 seconds. I’m using energy/cleansing/hydromancy and vision. With that vision sigil you have almost 1/3 uptime of 100% crit. 
Because of that I am running lots of dragon stats, so after messing around tonight, it doesn’t feel so bad giving up some ferocity and vitality for the extra boon duration. With diviners on amulet and back, full dragon on everything else and fireworks runes and sharpening stone you sit at about 30% boon duration,  40% crit, 220% crit damage and 2900 power with about 22k health. 
The sharpening stone really boosts power when you go dragon over marauder due to the power increase on 6% of ferocity as well as the vision sigil really packing some heat, you just have to try to time your burst with your weapon and legend swaps, which you probably do anyway as a rev. 
30% boon duration feels pretty good. It lets you stack might up a little more easily. I’m going to try tweaking it up and down a bit tomorrow based on how many dodges I typically pull off. There’s a few boons in particular I’d like to keep maxed, going to see what the minimum concentration needed to keep them up is and tweak it from there. 

on rev I would say no it isn't, most boons aren't active for a long time like engi,ranger,guard. Esspecialy Vindi, you need 100% uptime to make that 1sec prot to 2 sec. so maybe some pieces. But not for rev I would say.

If we had baseline 5-10 sec boons then I would say yes

Edited by Catchyfx.5768
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

Because of that I am running lots of dragon stats, so after messing around tonight, it doesn’t feel so bad giving up some ferocity and vitality for the extra boon duration. With diviners on amulet and back, full dragon on everything else and fireworks runes and sharpening stone you sit at about 30% boon duration,  40% crit, 220% crit damage and 2900 power with about 22k health. 

That's one of the things that worries me. I context: I have 3 Revs, a main with 6 gear/trait templates which uses a variety of builds, and then two regular characters with standard 2 gear/3 traitline tepmplates. The first can fit any role whereas the second  always runs Renegade variants and the third power variants of either Herald or Vindicator.

With the Vindicator toon I usually run a mix of marauder, diviner and assassin stats, which in PvE works perfect: ~19K HP, 100% crit chance, 200% crit damage, 50% boon duration, permanent 25 stacks of might, fury, protection and very high quickness uptime. But in WvW whereas the 19K HP and 200% crit damage remains, the crit chance is ~87% and you don't stack  nearly as much might (10-15 maybe), and prot and quickness are very short (makes sense to take advantage from the quickness from Phase Traversal, but doesn't make sense to waste  Scavenger Burst JUST to get quickness). In reality, I'm spending 0,75 secs (and 20 energy) to get 3 secs 50% increased speed attack (3x1.5= 4.5) vs just acting "normal" for 3.75 secs. So the gains of having 492 concentration points in WvW roaming are (maybe) greatly dimished due how short some boons are in that game mode. Of course PvP doesn't count (in the sense that the stat choices aren't even the same) but the limitation remains.

I'm thinking about swaping those stats  in WvW, so I can go and cap crit chance full time, increase HP in 3K and retain/enhance crit damage/base power. Hate having to devote a full gear plantiff to a single game mode, but I have the feeling that I'm not taking full advantage of those ~500 stat points due the WvW skill splits...