Classes and builds for disabled players wanting to do end game content?

Maynild.1756

As the title implies, I have mental disabilities and I am not someone who belongs in raids and T4 fractals. In T4 PUGs others would often get angry at me for not knowing all the skips and exploits, what skills to switch to for every boss, and what skills to use for any instability. And for raids. Well. Lets just say I managed to make a training group yell at me nonstop that I was the reason we failed the DPS check.

Now you may be wondering "Gosh you really don't belong in end game content, why are you asking for builds?" Well recently I got a friend into the game, then his friends followed, and now we possibly have a five man group for Fractals. There is also a chance they may want to get into raiding and my friend says he really wants me to be there with them and give raiding another chance.

Are there any builds for slow players that can keep up with others and be of some use? If it helps my biggest issue is reaction time and long and unforgiving rotations. I am prone to panicking easily and it causes me to freeze up and get confused or forget what to do for a few seconds. I suppose that's more of a "Learn the boss fight" issue but it happens even with things where I know what to do, my brain just randomly stops working sometimes. So I feel like my best bet are classes with simple and forgiving rotations.

For Fractals I will probably be using Power Daredevil or Condi Alacrity Specter (healing variant) as those two click very well with me and I don't think my group would mind me playing non-meta builds. But if there's anything better and still easy I will look into it, I don't want to be carried or feel like dead weight to them.

Now for raiding I understand I have to be considerate towards the others we would have to squad up with so I probably won't use my thief. I thought about Condi Alacrity Mirage, never played it but it looked simple and at the moment I only got rare gear for it. I also tried to learn Condi Untamed since I already had ascended Viper's on my ranger but uh, I ignored the APM warning and the raid golem said I was only doing 4k DPS sooooo. I guess high APM builds aren't for me either. But if there's anything easy for a Viper's ranger that would save me time and money for gearing that'll be nice.

Edit: I didn't think about this until it was brought up but I am trying to avoid LI builds. I love using them but they aren't meant for end game multiplayer content. Learned that the hard way as the training guild did say me using a LI Build was the biggest reason why I made us fail the DPS check so many times. I want to do more than auto attack, I think what I want to do is simply be a DPS who has no role other than do mechanics and focus on my rotation or be a secondary support. I'm comfortable with only focusing on myself pretty much.

Edited by Maynild.1756
Adding on to what builds I want to try out and what I don't
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Strider.7849 said:

Power DPS mechanist. It will outdps all those options you mentioned.. in some cases even if you walked away from your keyboard to cook a meal. 

I believe no other suggestion is necessary. Power dps mechanist gets a lot of hate for how good it is for being so low-effort, but it's frankly an amazing build for folks like OP.

Even playing it with the lowest level of engagement, it has good output. If you want to be helpful to your group and press a few buttons now and again, you have mobility/several cc options/projectile block etc at your disposal.

• Like 2

Rifle Mechanist has already been mentioned, but there's another profession that I'd like to recommend: Revenant.  The strategy pretty simple.  You sit in Shiro, turn on Impossible Odds, then auto attack with Sword/X until you run out of energy.  When you run out of energy, you swap to Jalis, turn on Vengeful Hammers, auto attack until you can swap legends back to Shiro again, then swap back and repeat the process.

You're probably wondering which elite spec I'm talkinga bout.  The answer is... most of them.  All of them can do this, even core revenant.  Herald has the higher personal damage modifiers, while Renegade is better at self-buffing and has a better legend for when you're feeling spicy.  Core isn't bad, either, gaining access to the Retribution line and Ancient Echo lets you stay in Shiro forever.

Vindicator gets special mention here.  It is the worst at the above strategy.  However, it also has its own low-intensity strategy that is far strong, if but a bit more active.  The overview is much of the same: stay in Shiro until you run out of energy, swap to Jalis for 9 seconds, then go back to shiro and do it all again.  The difference is, instead of using Sword/X, you're using Greatsword.  Additionally, you will dodge whenever your endurance gets full, and you will use the skill Eternity's Requiem (Greatsword skill 5) while it is off cooldown.  It will look like this:  

Make no mistake, this strategy does significantly more damage than just auto attacking with toggles on.  It is more active, though, so if you're not ready to handle it you can stick with auto attacking in one of the other elite specializations.  

No argument with the things mentioned so far. However, I'd briefly like to call OP's attention to the LI (Low Impact) builds on Metabattle. The builds were designed and intended for less abled GW2 players to enjoy the same types of content that more abled players are partaking of.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This works extremely well with very low imput, just auto attack and use some golem skills or utilities from time to time:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAQlxycZdsXWMOuLfxfA-zRJYiRRfZEYCURBo/AA-e

If you face a enemy which reflects or nulls projectiles just swap to flamethrower and spam auto attack: it counts as a channeled attack and ignores hate-projectile abilities (it also provides permanent stability).

If you don't have the Golemancer runes from dungeon tokens they can be easily replaced by Ogre runes, or Pack runes if you want to ditch the summon. You can solo HPs and bounties with this low imput build. 

• Like 1

Hello.  I also have a significant disability but on the physical side--hello jumping puzzles may your creators all fry in kitten.  As a result 'playing the piano' is beyond my physical capabilities now.  There are many LI--low intensity--builds that do not require you to do much more than auto-attack and occasionally hit a key.  Hardstruck ran a contest a while back and most build sites have at least 1 for every profession.  You can skate around the internet looking for them.  But the site that has the greatest GW2 collection for the disabled gamer is Accessibility Wars : https://accessibilitywars.com  .  I highly recommend it.  It has LI builds for every profession and specialization, elite or otherwise.  I hope you can find a build that you enjoy playing.  Despite its hardships GW2 is a blast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1