Do something about Baruch Bay

Karagee.6830

2 hours ago, SFShinigami.1572 said:

I can think of maybe one or two times in which Deso has had comparable numbers to Gandara at that time fri/sat and it was because we had a link that also had night people and a regular commander.  At most Deso topped at 35 and it was when we linked with RoF and there was no resistance.  The usual is 10-15.

Deso for a long time has had similar coverage to Gandara. The scoring when both servers were unlinked was close and you might have beaten Gandara once. Of course you need to keep in mind that when servers are unlinked the population also drops for everyone but probably a little less for Gandara which is used to playing alone. The main difference in those matches are typically the points accumulated at the weekend when we have better organised open tags (which are really part guild tags) than most servers and scouts.

On 11/18/2022 at 8:28 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Uh what?

A server merger is merging at least two servers into one. That new server has one name. Not two names. How would two names at once even work, lol?

Gandbaruch?

Wait that's a new name. Which is exactly what world restructuring does.

The restructuring of the world is something else, new completely new servers filled with everything possible, every 8 weeks. Will we be ready in how long, 1 year? Meanwhile in WVW EU we continue to have a special server ( because it is never full ) and in addition to two unlucky servers that do not get a match . Mine wants to be just the suggestion of a good friend, basically, while working on alliances, grant a series of small updates to the mode.

On 11/18/2022 at 3:07 AM, Karagee.6830 said:

you wanna spot when Gandara tanks (and it's happened for a few weeks in the last 2 years when people got fed up of not having a link, nobody has ever been quiet about it)? It's very easy: watch as the number of  'Full' servers magically goes from 2-3 to 8...

Do you have any real proof that this was caused by Gandara? Because it's not that rare that people play fewer computer games in the summer, when they're on holiday or away from home.

I’m in Baruch, I’m from Latinoamerica. Some points from my personal perspective:

1.  I can only play at night and its not fun to go WvW and see that all maps are taken, last week I couldn’t play during the week as there was nothing to do. I checked wvw Intel, all maps conquered at 8pm (my local time), checked at 9pm it was the same, so there was not gw2 for me. Only one day (last week) I loggued very late and defend some maps for an hour, we were like 5ppl, but then comes the other part of this story: from 8am-2pm  (EU local time) there’s not a single soul in Baruch, barely 4-5 of us tryng to defend from +15 ppl on the other side (I must clarify that this gap is more noticeable against certain servers), for example last night Dawn sq had +25ppl, while we were 6ppl. So it's not fun either. The ppl from Baruch that log in the morning find that we have enemy +25 sq in our map and log off. I would like to play in a server that have a moderate group of ppl all day, that allow me to do something.
  2. I think Baruch does have very good players, very good guilds too. The issue is that those guilds play 1-1.5h the day usually at what I call 'happy hour', which is the lapse of time in the day in which everyone in the server that is active in wvw plays. That is troublesome even for us, you get in EB and you find tags fighting on team chat because they can't enter a certain map, or tags asking ppl to leave the map, that ain't fun. Instead of helping each other they're trowing rocks to each other for doing this or that. And then X commander dont help Y commander because of their feuds… most of the time I laugh of the drama, but when we lose a T3 because 2 guys are too busy comparing their d***s, sucks.
  3. I love betas, because have been the only ‘link’ experience I have, but I dont think the ‘aliances’ will be ready soon and I’m super tired of playing like this. Many skilled players I know have left WvW because they get tyred of ‘pve’ or ppl vs npcs that we have to face at nights, most of the time I’m with new players of wvw that once learn get fed up and move to other game modes (pvp mostly)… I understand if anet need more time to finish the aliances, but dont kill the game mode, we’re a big server of which only 40% play wvw actively, the rest are casual players that are ‘easy to take down’ and generalize the server for. Probably the link experience will allow that those casuals enter wvw and stay longer, learn and perhaps became good players, future commanders. But right now our server is dying of boresome, good players leave and new players enter alone to feed gankers and leave the gamemode as well.

I feel l that I take a lot out of my chest, I hope someone with decision power in anet read this and change things, but I'm not very fond of forums, we can cry a lot and things will keep the same. Although I don't agree with some of the comments I read here, at least someone opened the conversation and I appreciate that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Enirehtac.1245 said:

I’m in Baruch, I’m from Latinoamerica. Some points from my personal perspective:

1.  I can only play at night and its not fun to go WvW and see that all maps are taken, last week I couldn’t play during the week as there was nothing to do. I checked wvw Intel, all maps conquered at 8pm (my local time), checked at 9pm it was the same, so there was not gw2 for me. Only one day (last week) I loggued very late and defend some maps for an hour, we were like 5ppl, but then comes the other part of this story: from 8am-2pm  (EU local time) there’s not a single soul in Baruch, barely 4-5 of us tryng to defend from +15 ppl on the other side (I must clarify that this gap is more noticeable against certain servers), for example last night Dawn sq had +25ppl, while we were 6ppl. So it's not fun either. The ppl from Baruch that log in the morning find that we have enemy +25 sq in our map and log off. I would like to play in a server that have a moderate group of ppl all day, that allow me to do something.
  2. I think Baruch does have very good players, very good guilds too. The issue is that those guilds play 1-1.5h the day usually at what I call 'happy hour', which is the lapse of time in the day in which everyone in the server that is active in wvw plays. That is troublesome even for us, you get in EB and you find tags fighting on team chat because they can't enter a certain map, or tags asking ppl to leave the map, that ain't fun. Instead of helping each other they're trowing rocks to each other for doing this or that. And then X commander dont help Y commander because of their feuds… most of the time I laugh of the drama, but when we lose a T3 because 2 guys are too busy comparing their d***s, sucks.
  3. I love betas, because have been the only ‘link’ experience I have, but I dont think the ‘aliances’ will be ready soon and I’m super tired of playing like this. Many skilled players I know have left WvW because they get tyred of ‘pve’ or ppl vs npcs that we have to face at nights, most of the time I’m with new players of wvw that once learn get fed up and move to other game modes (pvp mostly)… I understand if anet need more time to finish the aliances, but dont kill the game mode, we’re a big server of which only 40% play wvw actively, the rest are casual players that are ‘easy to take down’ and generalize the server for. Probably the link experience will allow that those casuals enter wvw and stay longer, learn and perhaps became good players, future commanders. But right now our server is dying of boresome, good players leave and new players enter alone to feed gankers and leave the gamemode as well.

I feel l that I take a lot out of my chest, I hope someone with decision power in anet read this and change things, but I'm not very fond of forums, we can cry a lot and things will keep the same. Although I don't agree with some of the comments I read here, at least someone opened the conversation and I appreciate that.

Thank you for sharing your perspective. 

I would ask, if you often find nothing to do on your server, have you considered transferring?  

3 hours ago, Enirehtac.1245 said:
  1. I think Baruch does have very good players, very good guilds too. The issue is that those guilds play 1-1.5h the day usually at what I call 'happy hour', which is the lapse of time in the day in which everyone in the server that is active in wvw plays. 

Yeah those are the guys getting farmed and/or run away when they don't play against much lower numbers. We can read the guild tags...

How exactly can you claim they are good when you also say they play only when they have a numerical advantage?

I don't understand why someone living in the same time zones as NA would play on EU, it's beyond me. But then I actually play against BB and I know the answer is you would all get farmed, guilds and all, if you played during prime time on NA or EU.

Wouldn't you be in favour of having a link even if that meant getting full like everyone else? Wouldn't you feel more normal? Say you get one of the german servers that wake up and have blobs at 6am CET, it would be seamless.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Thank you for sharing your perspective. 

I would ask, if you often find nothing to do on your server, have you considered transferring?  

to many times... can't count on how many. The only reason I never end up doing it is because I have friends here. Many of them don't wanna transfer because of the lenguage, they feel more comfortable talking in Spanish or don't know english. I have tried to convince them many times in vain, one thing is convince 2 ppl, convincing +10 is very difficult. Since we never have links our server is in a bubble, ppl get nervious when we have betas, I have heard of some commanders that refuse to tag up during betas.

Although I think that with the betas the server have seen that is not so bad, and we (my friends) always talk of how different are things during betas, so I feel lately more ppl is open to it. 

13 minutes ago, Enirehtac.1245 said:

I have heard of some commanders that refuse to tag up during betas.

Another piece of information that should make you question your beliefs. Since these people surely went in the betas with their wvw guilds, why on earth wouldn't they be comfortable playing as usual? Weird, isn't it?

I stayed with my main guild for betas, not my wvw guild, but the people from Gandara who stuck together played exactly the same way they always do (and I am sure of this because I played against some of our guilds and I was on TS/Discord and chatted on shared guild chats). I've also played together with Germans talking the bare minimum for 2 hours of running together in past betas (note these guys are actually very good and I had a few of them on my block list because of the run ins we had previously)

Edited by Karagee.6830

45 minutes ago, Enirehtac.1245 said:

to many times... can't count on how many. The only reason I never end up doing it is because I have friends here. Many of them don't wanna transfer because of the lenguage, they feel more comfortable talking in Spanish or don't know english. I have tried to convince them many times in vain, one thing is convince 2 ppl, convincing +10 is very difficult. Since we never have links our server is in a bubble, ppl get nervious when we have betas, I have heard of some commanders that refuse to tag up during betas.

Although I think that with the betas the server have seen that is not so bad, and we (my friends) always talk of how different are things during betas, so I feel lately more ppl is open to it. 

Understand, I think.  😉

Hopefully if alliances happens, you can have your guild and friends you are close with join together which, theoretically will allow you to have more active matchups for you and your time zone.

Of course, if alliances actually happen lol

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Understand, I think.  😉

Hopefully if alliances happens, you can have your guild and friends you are close with join together which, theoretically will allow you to have more active matchups for you and your time zone.

Of course, if alliances actually happen lol

Yeah, that's why I love beta's and I really wish anet stop the test and just go for it! I want to change our enviorment, play with other ppl and enjoy the game like in the past, lately I don't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Karagee.6830 said:

How exactly can you claim they are good when you also say they play only when they have a numerical advantage?

I'm not saying that. Our server is more active during the afternoons and nights, which as you might know cover a large amount of hours. Mornings, midday very little ppl unless a commander tag up, which doesn't happen often. Unlike other servers that have almost full coverage of commanders during the day, ours focus on the afternoon and nights.

Guilds tag in the afternoon (this is the happy hour I mentioned) at dinner almost all Spanish go (to diner) and there is 1h of very little ppl playing, then the night commanter tag up for several hours. I have seen many times commanders from several guilds (20-25ppl) face enemies that doubles then and they have their good and bad days like everybody else. I stand on my word, I have encounter guilds from Baruch in the betas and I know who is good and who's not so much. 

I actually play against BB and I know the answer is you would all get farmed, guilds and all, if you played during prime time on NA or EU

So, if you are so sure, then why so salty? you seem to be very angry. Take a deep breath and lets talk without insults, without ragging, let's have a nice conversation.

Wouldn't you be in favour of having a link even if that meant getting full like everyone else? Wouldn't you feel more normal? Say you get one of the german servers that wake up and have blobs at 6am CET, it would be seamless.

Would be nice to have ppl that plays in the mornings? yes, of course

Another piece of information that should make you question your beliefs. Since these people surely went in the betas with their wvw guilds, why on earth wouldn't they be comfortable playing as usual? Weird, isn't it?

I would like to clarify that I sayd 'some', not everybody.

I stayed with my main guild for betas

Same, our guild don't have alliance. First 2 betas we were against big alliances from Baruch... was funny (thats all I will say :P) and just in the last one we were completely alone and I must say I enjoyed it very much. I did notice some reserves from some ppl (not all) not because we were from Baruch (I think) but because some friends speak in spanish in chat (althoug we asked many times to do it on guild chat), so I felt ppl left the tag or just didn't chat with the few of us that did write in english because of that. We were linked with ppl from all servers, I saw almost all servers in the tags I joined. And I also meet really nice ppl, so the whole experience was a blast to me.

10 hours ago, Karagee.6830 said:

I don't understand why someone living in the same time zones as NA would play on EU, it's beyond me. But then I actually play against BB and I know the answer is you would all get farmed, guilds and all, if you played during prime time on NA or EU.

Okay first I'll start off by saying, BB definitely had a lot more than the last time we faced them, contrary to what I said before, so apologies on that.

Second, as an NA on EU, the people you play against oscillate a lot between HOLY CRAP THAT BLOB and dead, time to train.  But there is a sweet spot you cannot get playing on NA servers in that time.  Its not open field blob v blob and its not havoc v havoc.  Its a nice little in between, maybe 15-20 v 15-20 v scattered others on the 3rd team.  Thats the type of gameplay I love about being NA on EU.  Also, since there are only 3-5 other regular enemy commanders, you learn what works best against who.  Its much more difficult to get that kind of feel on NA during prime.

Theres also some community issues over on NA, too, but thats why I left, not why I stayed on EU.

12 hours ago, Enirehtac.1245 said:

Same, our guild don't have alliance. First 2 betas we were against big alliances from Baruch... was funny (thats all I will say 😛) and just in the last one we were completely alone and I must say I enjoyed it very much. I did notice some reserves from some ppl (not all) not because we were from Baruch (I think) but because some friends speak in spanish in chat (althoug we asked many times to do it on guild chat), so I felt ppl left the tag or just didn't chat with the few of us that did write in english because of that. We were linked with ppl from all servers, I saw almost all servers in the tags I joined. And I also meet really nice ppl, so the whole experience was a blast to me.

It's nice to read and share your positive experience.😉

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 12:57 AM, Enirehtac.1245 said:

Unlike other servers that have almost full coverage of commanders during the day, ours focus on the afternoon and nights.

There is no server with full coverage. Most servers don't have tags until prime time.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:57 AM, Enirehtac.1245 said:

So, if you are so sure, then why so salty? you seem to be very angry. Take a deep breath and lets talk without insults, without ragging, let's have a nice conversation.

What makes you think I'm salty. You could say condescending, which I am, but salty? Have I not been clear enough that I don't think of people on BB as an equal? And for this reason I think you need to be treated like everyone else so you may, hopefully, become more like everyone else?

There are specific guilds on other servers that I despise (which I won't name here for obvious reasons) and I will try to gank by any means and then will also disrespect given the opportunity because they also do that, but I do recognise they are good players and not easy kills.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

You could say condescending, which I am, but salty?

You can't think of someone as an equal and be condescending at the same time, one excludes the other. Your posts are indeed salty and the main reason why this thread is a perfect example why Anet has removed matchup threads from it's forums.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Vortigern.1987 said:

You can't think of someone as an equal and be condescending at the same time, one excludes the other. Your posts are indeed salty and the main reason why this thread is a perfect example why Anet has removed matchup threads from it's forums.

let's say our friend karagee, he is justified in putting some salt on these topics, he is on Gandara and never gets a link. I tried to stay 6 months without a link and in fact it is really not funny, it contributes to losing any meaning has for you a credible competition. With the result of asking you why absurd servers must be treated in such an uneven way. When you make the rules it would be better to make everyone respect them equally, if you want to be credible.

55 minutes ago, Vortigern.1987 said:

Wasn't I clear that I do NOT consider people on BB as equal unlike most other servers, including people in guilds I deeply hate. You repeating I'm salty (salty about what...having an easier time and getting way more kills roaming that I normally do lol? Does it even makes sense?) doesn't make it any more true.

This is not a match thread. I am not playing BB. This is a thread highlighting that BB is an outlier, has a different treatment than any other server in the game, be it on EU or NA, and it needs to stop, for their sake as well as for ours. EPveryone will benefit if they get better and are not utterly boring to play both when they don't outnunber everyone and get farmed AND when they outnumber the opponents 30:1. Luckily we've seen some of BB people on this very thread who find it boring when there is nothing to do because they have every structure on every map...

Edited by Karagee.6830

1 hour ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

let's say our friend karagee, he is justified in putting some salt on these topics, he is on Gandara and never gets a link. I tried to stay 6 months without a link and in fact it is really not funny, it contributes to losing any meaning has for you a credible competition. With the result of asking you why absurd servers must be treated in such an uneven way. When you make the rules it would be better to make everyone respect them equally, if you want to be credible.

Oh yeah, you could definitely say I'm salty about the treatment Gandara receives from Anet, without a doubt. But not this time, I'm optimistic both us and Riverside are getting a link at the end of the week.

Edited by Karagee.6830

3 minutes ago, Karagee.6830 said:

people in guilds I deeply hate.

I can understand your frustration, but this comment makes me think you have taken this game way too seriously. How can you hate (such a strong word, feeling, etc) towards ppl in a game that you don't know?  I have had many bad nights in which I get farmed, focused, get frustrated and eventually log off, but that doesn't mean I hate those ppl... Other nights I'm the one farming them, it is what it is. Stop taking it so seriously for your peace of mind and health.

You haven't asked, but I will share with you something: we had this teammate that was reallyyy annoying, I wont get in details but the kind of person you dislike very easily. This person stop playing for several months, one day asking about him someone told me he had this very bad health condition, I felt really really sad and bad of not noticing it and not being able to talk to him and help him in some way, my other friend did help him and give him some advice to focus in himself, he did so and then he came back to the game being a much nicer person. Doesnt play so often but when he does he is very nice. You don't know the ppl behind the pc, we will never do. My advice to you is: if this game is too much to handle and really doesnt make you happy, just focus in something else, you will feel better and perhaps come back more mature. Hate is an awful feeling, you should let that feeling corrode you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Enirehtac.1245 said:

I can understand your frustration, but this comment makes me think you have taken this game way too seriously. How can you hate (such a strong word, feeling, etc) towards ppl in a game that you don't know?  I have had many bad nights in which I get farmed, focused, get frustrated and eventually log off, but that doesn't mean I hate those ppl... Other nights I'm the one farming them, it is what it is. Stop taking it so seriously for your peace of mind and health.

You haven't asked, but I will share with you something: we had this teammate that was reallyyy annoying, I wont get in details but the kind of person you dislike very easily. This person stop playing for several months, one day asking about him someone told me he had this very bad health condition, I felt really really sad and bad of not noticing it and not being able to talk to him and help him in some way, my other friend did help him and give him some advice to focus in himself, he did so and then he came back to the game being a much nicer person. Doesnt play so often but when he does he is very nice. You don't know the ppl behind the pc, we will never do. My advice to you is: if this game is too much to handle and really doesnt make you happy, just focus in something else, you will feel better and perhaps come back more mature. Hate is an awful feeling, you should let that feeling corrode you. 

It is more accurate to say I despise them because of how they operate, they kill duelers in the duel spot and have organised ganking groups who prey on weaker players like you guys (spawn camp group ganking, mind you). So finding and killing them, makes me very happy and fulfilled, both because they are good individually and because I feel they deserve to get ganked. It's basically the opposite of killing BB players. And I also believe this situation is driven directly by the special status BB has and the concentration of players in deserted time slots.

I have no health problem, I just want Anet to improve this game mode, starting at least with the glaring issues. If they tell me they launch Alliances in 1, 2, 5 months then I wouldn't care, because the BB status, the links and transfer problems will hopefully sort themselves out, but we're not in that situation are we? So make BB full and give them a link. Spanish speaking people can always join through the link until BB is open again. There is zero reason to keep this special status which is visibly detrimental to the quality of BB as well.

Edited by Karagee.6830
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Since Arenanet doesn't publish the actual played active hours by each server (or server + link), our best estimate of the population is to the kills and deaths added together. I use the following site:
https://gw2mists.com/matches/eu

Baruch Bay (BB) has higher total kills + deaths than Desolation (Very high + medium Link) and Gandara (full, no link). This suggests that BB actual population is actually more than full, but for some reason Arenanet keeps the server status "very high".  The reason might be that it is the only Spanish language server, but is it good enough reason?

Nevertheless I play on Desolation and have been near constantly outnumbered vs our opposing servers in tier 4 and there has been many times when there is just 1-2 Deso players per map. Arenanet should just delete the 5th tier in EU. There is way too little players in the lowest 2 tiers and tier 1 has many times more.

• 3 months later...

Best way to fix it is put 1 EU and 1 NA server together in matchup in wvw, full cover and BB can not exploit being only server with this anymore, problem would be fixed and wvw players that can only play during night from any region can play and always have a big group, everybody happy as long as queues are not too long to get in. 

That is how old big servers became as linking system degraded over time. The big "Winners" realised that stacking on servers with very little native PvE population means they can always fit more actually useful players on the map before there is a queue. So organised play died on the servers they left, and they have very few servers that can put up a  fight against them.

It isn't like Baruch didn't try to organise, they just have constant stream of PvE players and people who got into the game by recommendation of those people.

Linking system combined with defender combat advantages, just force WvW to big differences between server quality. It makes defenders lazy since they don't need to do much to win, and attackers have to stack on empty servers to stand a chance. And as people stack on PvE-empty servers, the PvE heavy servers can fit less and less WvW people as full status quota goes lower and lower. At the end there will be mostly unorganised 4fun "never transfer" players left.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1