Been away for years, question..

Diva.4706

Is it possible to disable hotbar tooltips yet?  I have a disability and have to click abilities in games.

Many other games let me do this as an option in settings.

I miss the game but can't play with tooltips enabled. This is a game breaking issue for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Diva.4706 said:

Is it possible to disable hotbar tooltips yet?  I have a disability and have to click abilities in games.

Many other games let me do this as an option in settings.

I miss the game but can't play with tooltips enabled. This is a game breaking issue for me.

https://www.amazon.de/Redragon-M908-Precision-Programmable-Ergonomic/dp/B07FK9PKSM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2NWXDHC4O01K8&keywords=mmo+maus&qid=1669641627&sprefix=mmo+mouse%2Caps%2C88&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

12 buttons for your thumb.  for just 40 bucks you will be able to bind all of your skills to your thumb button.   😃

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

There is buttons on the mouse which you can assign your skills too. 

This way he can turn and use skills altho he might just have 1 working arm/hand. 

Pretty sure that's his point though -"clicker" is a term for playstyle where you keep moving your cursor towards the skillbar and use skills by left clicking on them. Getting "gaming 327 button mouse" and assigning skills to them so you don't need to keep hovering over your skillbar not only makes you not a clicker anymore, but also probably solves OP's issue of popping up tooltips.

Btw from my perspective I'm also curious how those tooltips make the game straight up unplayable. If that was my only issue with the game while I had to left click on the skills, pretty sure it wouldn't change much about the gameplay whether or not the tooltips would show up on the hover. Yes, they do cover some of the screen, but if one can only use mouse anyways, it doesn't seem like there's much they could be doing reactively anyways? Or am I missing something here? Alternatively, if they wnat to wait for the skill use, just make it a habit to hold the cursor slightly above the skillbar and only move it onto the bar+click when you actually want to use a skill. Or is this also not a solution to anything here?

Edited by Sobx.1758
-ing
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Pretty sure that's his point though -"clicker" is a term for playstyle where you keep moving your cursor towards the skillbar and use skills by left clicking on them. Getting "gaming 327 button mouse" and assigning skills to them so you don't need to keep hovering over your skillbar not only makes you not a clicker anymore, but also probably solves OP's issue of popping up tooltips.

Btw from my perspective I'm also curious how those tooltips make the game straight up unplayable. If that was my only issue with the game while I had to left click on the skills, pretty sure it wouldn't change much about the gameplay whether or not the tooltips would show up on the hover. Yes, they do cover some of the screen, but if one can only use mouse anyways, it doesn't seem like there's much they could be doing reactively anyways? Or am I missing something here? Alternatively, if they wnat to wait for the skill use, just make it a habit to hold the cursor slightly above the skillbar and only move it onto the bar+click when you actually want to use a skill. Or is this also not a solution to anything here?

They block the vision during combat when hovering over them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

They block the vision during combat when hovering over them.

Ok and why would you just keep hovering over them over long period of time? Also if you're only using mouse, what does that change? You're not reacting to anything either way because you're only using mouse, right?

Also it seems you forgot about the rest of the post, where I also pointed out what someone can do to minimize the time tooltip is visible in the first place (on top of explaining what was the actual point of using xx button mouse).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Then simply dont you can hover your mouse pointer just above the skill bar untill you have to click said skill.

13 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok and why would you just keep hovering over them over long period of time? Also if you're only using mouse, what does that change? You're not reacting to anything either way because you're only using mouse, right?

friendly reminder that its not me that is clicking skills.  

i have no clue how your supposed to play like that.  

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

friendly reminder that its not me that is clicking skills.  

i have no clue how your supposed to play like that.  

Never had any doubt about it, you're still avoiding what was being said in the previous posts. I'm talking to you though, about the arguments you're bringing up, so writing "you" seems more natural to me, whether or not you're the one clicking on anything in the game. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

I click skills on my hot bars in games. It's the only way I play. I will never use key binds.

Having tool tips pop up all the time is really annoying. I will never understand why Anet doesn't add this as an option, as it does nothing to effect other players, and adds a function to the game for those that need it, same as color correction for color blind player.

I have played other MMOs to high level, and never had anyone complain about my skill. I was a main raid healer in one MMO for a long time, with very high reputation in my guild as a great healer. Nobody knew or cared I was a "clicker"

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1