LFG profession restrictions

Yogurt Goblin.5934

I feel like how the LFG function for end game PvE content should be changed. The issue I have with it is people requesting specific professions for certain roles, e.g. HAM (Heal Alacrity Mechanist) can't be filled by a tempest, and they ask for HAM because the overpower strength of mechanist. The same applies to Firebrand too.

I know that GW2/ArenaNet don't want to do the old role selection gimmick, but that only works if they actually balance the professions so everyone can do all the roles generally to the same level.

Summary: Strikes and Raids LFG should either have role options for selection, or once professions start getting specifically requested, HAM, qfb, hfb etc, then the balance team needs to start looking into bring that profession down in line with the rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I feel the upcoming balance patch is actually taking steps in the right direction. Firebrand is getting nerfed. Mechanist won't be as effective at giving alac if they are away from their mech. Also I do feel like a lot of players are open to alternatives like druid, tempest etc.

Even with that there will be "meta slaves" that will not accept anything that isn't BiS or far more likely doesn't fit their preconceptions regardless of what the BiS ends up being. For example I got rejected from a T4 + recs (non CM) fractal run today, on my quickness scrapper because the group would only take a QFB. Which to me is incredibly silly.

Meh people will always be picky about the classes that join, especially since support builds can differ quite abit. 

Also most groups couldn't care less if they specifically look for a HAM, but get a druid/HAT instead. 

I definitely do agree that the heal/support meta could use a major rework since the current balance is completely off.

Its a mix, I would say for Strikes and Raids people prefer different roles for there intrinsic utility but for Fractals most don't trust professions that don't normally preform that role.

Its much easier to sell a party on an Alacrity Mirage than a Alacrity Chronomancer because Mirage is the most popular version.

4 hours ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

Summary: Strikes and Raids LFG should either have role options for selection, or once professions start getting specifically requested, HAM, qfb, hfb etc, then the balance team needs to start looking into bring that profession down in line with the rest.

Why you cynical folks always looking to bring people down? Better to the bring the others up. 😉

6 hours ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

know that GW2/ArenaNet don't want to do the old role selection gimmick, but that only works if they actually balance the professions so everyone can do all the roles generally to the same level.

And then people will be complaining that every class feels the same and has no identity.

HAM is so OP that both player and Anet failed to realize THIS is what support should be aiming for. HAM is so OP that if you want to perform well on that you actually have to use your skill reactively rather than spamming them on CD.

Support should not be the current spam X to gain Y. 

Edited by Alcatraznc.3869