New Vindicator Greatsword animations are a bit borked

Bloom.3246

Thanks so much for the anim changes on GS2 and GS4 - much appreciated! However they could use some tweaks.
GS2's 'stab' feels a bit weird given the skill is a conal attack. GS4's counterattack 'spin' gets a bit janky while moving/following up with another skill. I think GS2 perhaps just needs a totally different animation and GS4 could simply use Ranger's GS AA3 animation (which works perfectly while moving etc).
Cheers!

Edited by Bloom.3246
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion Vindicator's GS2 looks absolutely horrendous now. You have this wide arc of damage applied, yet you just SHOVEL the entire arc into the face of your enemies. I think the pre-patch animation was much better albeit just another AAchain animation. It implied the wide arc of the skill. Hopefully ArenaNet will make a better change to this animation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is for me personally, I play Charr Vindicator;

GS4 = 10/10 I love the change.

GS2 = 0/10 it literally doesn't even work while moving lol the animation flips out. It's funny but hopefully it gets fixed and sorted sooner rather than later.

Also I think they even tweaked the dodge a bit because that looks a lot smoother now as well. If so, that is also 10/10 because for w/e reason just looks way better now to me.

Edited by Waffles.5632

New GS4's animation is really cool but i feel it would fits better on GS2

While I think GS2's animation is a nice animation, it feel's kinda out of place with the vertical animation with a conal effect; Also, I don't know if this is a human issue only, but why my character turns his head back at some point of the animation? This contributes to the "out of place" feeling too.

• Thanks 1