Look, more AFK farmers. Silverwastes.

Shivan.9438

42 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Can you prove that they're AFK?

Step 1: Get your turtle mount

Step 2: Enable shared riding

Step 3: Wait on the stack of bots until 1 joins you on your turtle

Step 4: Take them on a ride to the middle on nowhere and watch them cast all of their skills over and over without moving

Step 5: Report for botting.

Edited by Wolfshade.9251
Edit: typo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Wolfshade.9251 said:

Step 1: Get your turtle mount

Step 2: Enable shared riding

Step 3: Wait on the stack of bots until 1 joins you on your turtle

Step 4: Take them on a ride to the middle on nowhere and watch them cast all of their skills over and over without moving

Step 5: Report for botting.

I've yet to have that work since it was posted long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Hmm this thread is missing something, ah yes

a) The obligatory post of "report and move on" from the usual person
b) The "I'm locking this thread, if you see this sort of behaviour report in game" post from the Mods.

To the OP, I wouldnt even bother, if Anet are ok with people automatically button pressing (be they at their keyboard or not) farming stuff to convert to gold to convert to gems to make shop purchases etc., and thereby denying them an income, well more fool them...

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

AFK or not they are using in game mechanics to automate farming.  All they have to do is reply to a GM and nothing will happen.  It doesn't prove that they aren't doing anything wrong it just means that Anet can't say for sure and won't do anything more than that.

We all know reporting does nothing because Anet won't do enough to deal with the auto farmers.

The whole situation is pretty pathetic.

We also know this thread will be locked pretty quick.  Hurry, sweep it under the rug and don't talk about it!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

There have been bot farmers since the dawn of mmo's. Back in EverQuest 1 it was the Chinese farmer (at least they where still real people running the stolen toons) and SoE never did something about them. Since then I haven't found any mmo without bots. The peoples have no interest to get rid of them, after all they have accounts, buy game copies, pay sub fees (in other games). At least here the bots are not interfering with your game play (unlike in that game that shall not be named here). They hide in a corner and let a bot run the game they purchased to play it for them. Oh well, no game is perfect, right?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1