Wrong WvW Team = Lack of Support

1 hour ago, Kane Dreloran.6198 said:

It was possible during the last betas

I doubt that. There was only one beta where some accounts got moved and it was the result of some other fix to a bug the devs did on the backend, not because someone purposely moved the account. Let's not swamp devs with hundreds of individual requests to transfer teams when no such function exists. Not even devs can transfer servers during these betas. They need to be spending time on analyzing problems and figuring out causes.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I doubt that. There was only one beta where some accounts got moved and it was the result of some other fix to a bug the devs did on the backend, not because someone purposely moved the account. Let's not swamp devs with hundreds of individual requests to transfer teams when no such function exists. Not even devs can transfer servers during these betas. They need to be spending time on analyzing problems and figuring out causes.

Do you have a source for this?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jul.7602 said:

Do you have a source for this?

Also read some of the comments from this old thread where people got "moved" after the 14th, were on correct team then ended up on wrong team after relog:

My own personal experience of the "fix" that day messing with team assignments: "When I left WvW I had to pick a team again.  I believe some fix that was rolled out during the time I was in WvW reset my selection forcing me to pick again."

Edited by Chaba.5410

Seems that someone is happy with the carrot called "Alliance Beta".

From what we see they have just exchanged 15 matchups (servers) with 15 teams (new servers) with no possibilty to switch between servers.

And to be honest there was no visible change between the betas nor new functions. Just keep people in the "cornerstone" gamemode entertained.

And yes, I know that sounds toxic but sometimes truth hurts.

17 hours ago, Kane Dreloran.6198 said:

Seems that someone is happy with the carrot called "Alliance Beta".

From what we see they have just exchanged 15 matchups (servers) with 15 teams (new servers) with no possibilty to switch between servers.

And to be honest there was no visible change between the betas nor new functions. Just keep people in the "cornerstone" gamemode entertained.

And yes, I know that sounds toxic but sometimes truth hurts.

Welcome to the forums, get ready for a bumpy ride. If you want to address someone it might be best to quote them so they know they are addressing you. Hi! 

Its ironic the number of companies that have moved to the method of early access where they have customers pay for something that's not done yet so that players know there will be issues as they go but still ask people to pay to help them debug their code. To be fair to ANet they told all of us that they would be doing these betas in the production environment. Yes we paid for a game, but we also ask them for changes as we go. Though its a buy to play mode so they can only hope to make more after that via the store. Getting changes not linked to the expansions means we are getting budget dollars for coding changes outside of them and I can support some rough weeks because we need more changes else we will lose more people to upcoming WvW style games. So sorry for a rough week but if that means more changes without a player cost, its a trade off we can take. Now for a couple of side points....

Most application developers will design the app first and fixes for issues second. I am not surprised that support might say they don't have the tools to deal with things like server changes in mid app creation because no one builds tools to address unexpected bugs because they want to spend time making sure that doesn't happen in the first place versus spending dollars on a fix when a bug in a beta occurs. So why build a feature to address it until they determine it can't be fixed. That's one of the reasons to do betas to try and test with more variables. And players will add more variables than any programmer/designer can expect.  

Second, hang out on the forums for a bit, Chaba is pretty solid and looks to help people. Trying to paint them as a carrot chaser, not so much, use the forums post history for more detail. Chaba in general is looking to try and get people more information and stop the trend of assumptions that can build up momentum on the forums where group think can take over. 

Again I am sorry if you are having a rough week, but its worth it to us all if it means we get more coding changes to improve the game mode. Providing feedback helps to improve the coding so make sure you share what you are seeing and include details so that ANet can narrow down with what was indicated as went wrong to what their stats show. Good hunting!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, gooddrakkarboi.4870 said:

The support in this topic is an absolute disgrace... They release a new beta, no bugs were fixed and they can't even help their CUSTOMERS who did nothing wrong... 

So mind sharing some details so that they might be defined? I admit I have seen prior bugs removed but new ones pop up. Last time a number of guild mates ran into the locked map bug had to go back to the beta tab and then tab back to the map selection tab to remove a lock symbol so they could select the map. We didn't see that, but anyone that did switch tabs during reset couldn't then re-access the borderland tab and had to map to LA to enter a map via the portals to get in. So please share what you saw as fixed or not to help define where issues were seen so that they can addressed.

• Confused 1