Is Inventions completely useless now?

bethekey.8314

Inventions feels like diet alchemy. They both provide support, utility, and survivability, but inventions does it worse. 

I only ever run it on support or bunker builds, and I only run it alongside the alchemy traitline. It should be given a separate identity of its own. 

Turrets are a good place to start. Reworking them and fleshing out turret traits will give inventions a distinct niche. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Matoro.9708 said:

It was cool when it had more than a token trait for your actual inventions, like turrets, lol.

Oh boy, it also annoys me so much that this one trait we kept for turrets has an identity crisis.

The reflection bubble is just on turret placement, if you want to get that effect again you have to pick up the turret, wait for it's cooldown to run out and replace it.

The other effect of the very same trait is that turrets passively pulse boons while they are placed.... so this portion of the trait wants your turrets to stay out instead of getting picked up and replaced for maximum boon uptime.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 4:55 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

With the buffs to Tools and nerf to the Inventions shield trait, I'm curious if anyone uses Inventions anymore. Maybe in a Prot Holo build? It used to facilitate much needed condi clear and passive mobility, but Tools does that now and more.

Yes, my friend.

Inventions is officially lost, and forgotten. RIP to what was once our defensive trait line.