"Ranked DuoQ is fine."

1 minute ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Apparently the current price for top 10 is 500$ or to be a egirl.

just wanted to say that

For real?

It must be pretty shocking when they look them up on Twitch to find that they're all actually questionably adult men.

But at that point its too late to back out, feet pics could have already been exchanged over discord.

20 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

For real?

It must be pretty shocking when they look them up on Twitch to find that they're all actually questionably adult men.

But at that point its too late to back out, feet pics could have already been exchanged over discord.

Not sure about top 10, but god of arena and gizmos are around that.

Apparently it's also a business to gatekeep top 1 if you can, so they title sellers have to pay you to let them get the title, so they dont lose 50 days of effort.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

Shame they removed the cry emote. Would've fit perfectly. 

Idk cry appears to be working on my end, just tested it.

Do you mean in game? Those Puritans better not touch /cry. There will be W66 riots. Flashy text, dwarf multicannons, and all I tell ye.

3 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Not sure about top 10, but god of arena and gizmos are around that.

When I last played, R1 was going for just a little under $1k

For that price to be going down is either good or bad, as it means people are either getting wise to it and aren't subjecting themselves to it anymore, or its become so easy that lowering the price is actually a crazy, but not stupid bidness strategy.  Don't think you could convince anyone, even the most dedicated PvE scrub that God/goddess of the Arena is worth anywhere near $1,000 with the current situation.

3 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Apparently it's also a business to gatekeep top 1 if you can, so they title sellers have to pay you to let them get the title, so they dont lose 50 days of effort.

This I know, and is viewable time and time again. Always assumed this was the main reason behind them alting/boosting so much.

Naru; to his credit, came out and said that he used to be guilty of doing this as well and gave us some insight into just how easy it is with DuoQ and any knowledge at all of how sPvP's matchmaking works. 50 days of effort is more like 50 days of R&R with maybe 10-20 safely ignored losses sprinkled in over the course of 2 months.

Then Naru went and began 'queuing organically' which is a great way to put SoloQ and playing the game just for the sake of playing the game as anyone else would. The results: a little over a 50% winrate. Like 200 something wins, 100 something losses over the same 2 months. Normal winrates that actually encourage competition.

21 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Idk cry appears to be working on my end, just tested it.

Do you mean in game? Those Puritans better not touch /cry. There will be W66 riots. Flashy text, dwarf multicannons, and all I tell ye.

When I last played, R1 was going for just a little under $1k

For that price to be going down is either good or bad, as it means people are either getting wise to it and aren't subjecting themselves to it anymore, or its become so easy that lowering the price is actually a crazy, but not stupid bidness strategy.  Don't think you could convince anyone, even the most dedicated PvE scrub that God/goddess of the Arena is worth anywhere near $1,000 with the current situation.

This I know, and is viewable time and time again. Always assumed this was the main reason behind them alting/boosting so much.

Naru; to his credit, came out and said that he used to be guilty of doing this as well and gave us some insight into just how easy it is with DuoQ and any knowledge at all of how sPvP's matchmaking works. 50 days of effort is more like 50 days of R&R with maybe 10-20 safely ignored losses sprinkled in over the course of 2 months.

Then Naru went and began 'queuing organically' which is a great way to put SoloQ and playing the game just for the sake of playing the game as anyone else would. The results: a little over a 50% winrate. Like 200 something wins, 100 something losses over the same 2 months. Normal winrates that actually encourage competition.

last season we had a player leading all season, then he just stop playing so a known title/gizmo seller gets the title, I think seller just paid him

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, magickthief.6492 said:

Leaving duo q while removing 1-5 just seems so sus. Considering how the matchmaker works, it seems very sus, almost like collusion. There has definitely been definitive and constant requests for its removal, and the complete lack of acknowledgement is the final nail in the coffin for "I trust ANet".

100% its collusion.

a few years ago in season 9 they experimented with restricting DuoQ, but only after plat2. Meaning anyone 1599 rating or lower could still DuoQ, and the 50 or so plat2's and up on the leaderboard would cry tears without end, begging them to bring it back, and it specifically, and as you can imagine, they were the only ones complaining because they were the only ones that couldn't DuoQ.

Forget full teamQ, or a SoloQ-only mode. Those are far too fair and challenging for our ❄️do-nothing top players. Its Solo/DuoQ or die with them.

35 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

last season we had a player leading all season, then he just stop playing so a known title/gizmo seller gets the title, I think seller just paid him

Probably, I believe it.

The last ranked season I played in was s18 and in that season we had some PvE scrub who was only known for being toxic and hardstuck in gold take Rank 1 because they paid a former top player called Helio to play on their account, who used every DuoQ exploit in the book to boost the account to Rank 1 with a near-flawless winrate.

It gets better though. In a post made about the following MAT; which was also pretty sus, because it had a 'DC' during the pivotal match(A common 'accident' in MATs 🤨) Someone called out these people for boosting/match manipulation and the response was: "Everyone is a criminal, the trick is not getting caught."

I link this way too often, but its somewhat baffling that someone can not only do this and get away with it, but also openly brag about doing it and getting away with it, then still get away with it.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

100% its collusion.

a few years ago in season 9 they experimented with restricting DuoQ, but only after plat2. Meaning anyone 1599 rating or lower could still DuoQ, and the 50 or so plat2's and up on the leaderboard would cry tears without end, begging them to bring it back, and it specifically, and as you can imagine, they were the only ones complaining because they were the only ones that couldn't DuoQ.

Forget full teamQ, or a SoloQ-only mode. Those are far too fair and challenging for our ❄️do-nothing top players. Its Solo/DuoQ or die with them.

Probably, I believe it.

The last ranked season I played in was s18 and in that season we had some PvE scrub who was only known for being toxic and hardstuck in gold take Rank 1 because they paid a former top player called Helio to play on their account, who used every DuoQ exploit in the book to boost the account to Rank 1 with a near-flawless winrate.

It gets better though. In a post made about the following MAT; which was also pretty sus, because it had a 'DC' during the pivotal match(A common 'accident' in MATs 🤨) Someone called out these people for boosting/match manipulation and the response was: "Everyone is a criminal, the trick is not getting caught."

I link this way too often, but its somewhat baffling that someone can not only do this and get away with it, but also openly brag about doing it and getting away with it, then still get away with it.

i remember all the selling crew getting banned cuz they played mat in the same account that paid for the top 1 title

but community still welcome and worship this players, even a certain content creator welcomes them in his tourneys for the sake of the show

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i remember all the selling crew getting banned cuz they played mat in the same account that paid for the top 1 title

Yup, and what a joke that was.

Banned a bunch of accounts involved in wintrading/match manipulation - Good, but they each of them have like 10 different alts to play on. You can count the number of players from r55 and Team USA that still have their original main accounts on one hand.

You can count the number of players from r55 and Team USA that still play via alts on both hands.

The problem is plain to see.

13 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

but community still welcome and worship this players, even a certain content creator welcomes them in his tourneys for the sake of the show

They do, and the followers that do are total NPCs, worse than the content creators themselves to be honest.

Toxic, sweaty, easily-impressed leeches, all of them. You'd find more empathy and sportsmanship in Lydia's blank stare while playing Skyrim with poorly textured anime mods.

They're easy to identify because they're always the ones raging at their teams, calling them bad, saying rev outskilled them, that sort. All ego, no soul.

Here's a clip from a top player's recent livestream to give you an idea of how they respond to anything their idols say: 

"As outlined in the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement, account sharing is not permitted under any circumstances. Due to the high potential for abuse in competitive gameplay, your account will be subject to immediate termination for account sharing in, but not limited to, Tournaments or Ranked PvP." - Anet

They have this pinned on top that deterre players from making accounts, match manipulating with bots throughout the season, and selling Monthly prizes to the person with the funniest memes. We have nothing to worry about fam.

27 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

They have this pinned on top that deterre players from making accounts, match manipulating with bots throughout the season, and selling Monthly prizes to the person with the funniest memes.

Yeah but to say and do are very different things. That's been there ever since the 2019 ban wave which banned about 5 dozen nameless alt accounts. The top players aren't nameless, they're infamous, and they still here despite all these bans without a care in the world from Anet. Hell, some of them are even getting partnered, sponsored, or hired on to balance the game despite having permanent dishonor on their main accounts.

If that is going to deter anyone, its going to be the honest players who weren't going to do it in the first place. The top players what actually do aren't gonna care at all because its been proven on multiple occasions that they are above the law and are allowed to get away with it.

27 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

We have nothing to worry about fam.

One of them recently(ish) got banned from twitch for raging and making death threats over guild wars.

Other than that psycho, yeah. Nobody cares anymore, so there's no worries.

This is more or less here to serve as a reminder that the same clowns that murdered an otherwise great gamemode are still here and going at it, and of Arenanet's complicity with the entire situation even with PvP being well and dug 6 feet under.

The games are too bad to have enough control over the game as as solo queue. Every season is worse than the previous one and by removing duo you're going to accelerate that decline.  95% of games (at least in NA) have people in the match who don't know what their skills fighting people who play(ed) competitively or semi-competitively.

It's not fun for new players and it's not fun for experienced players, but at least as a duo queue you can roll double DPS and go on a golem killing rampage. It's the last game mode don't hurt it more than it's already hurting  

Edited by Rarnark.5623

2 hours ago, Rarnark.5623 said:

The games are too bad to have enough control over the game as as solo queue. Every season is worse than the previous one and by removing duo you're going to accelerate that decline.  95% of games (at least in NA) have people in the match who don't know what their skills fighting people who play(ed) competitively or semi-competitively.

They don't need to remove DuoQ, they just need to add a true solos mode where SoloQs only get matched against other SoloQs.

And even if it was removed I would think it would be removed the same way it was the first time; only for plat2 and up, the population of which consists of what... 30ish people on NA? That's not going to accelerate us towards the end, losing those 30 people. Infact, a lot of them are genuinely awful people, especially beyond plat 2 at plat3 and leggy. Goodbye and good riddance, I say. Fake top players carried by DuoQ, the game will be losing nothing by losing them, only standing to (maybe) gain back some of the players they pushed out...

2 hours ago, Rarnark.5623 said:

It's not fun for new players and it's not fun for experienced players, but at least as a duo queue you can roll double DPS and go on a golem killing rampage. It's the last game mode don't hurt it more than it's already hurting  

...By doing this. Honk honk, here comes sPvP's top players in their clown cars. They came to mess up 'golems' with the vain idea that Arenanet would hang their work up on the fridge.

Would you believe, they actually did?