Firebrands Red Virtue do not fit with Guardian Profession Art Style.

Refresh.4386

It very bizarre i get that we need to see the cooldown but slapping red every where on a profession based on blue flames doesn't fit the style at all nearly every Guardian skill is blue so it feel so "wrong" for it to be red and on CD you feel like you mess up and want to fix the red vitue constantly. or something went wrong.

Please fix the icons to fit with Guardian Art style.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

All those blue-coloured Healing abilities don't fit with the colour schemes of the other professions either, yet they have them. And other MMO games' abilities bars are rainbows.

I think Guardians can handle a bit of red.

1 hour ago, Antina.5973 said:

Red feels like somebody slapped pink on a reaper, it's just as anticlimactic as you can get.

I've actually seen quite a few Necromancers dressing in pink.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

All those blue-coloured Healing abilities don't fit with the colour schemes of the other professions either, yet they have them. And other MMO games' abilities bars are rainbows.

Fact that other MMOs have it this and that is poor argument.

Yes, blue is in general a code for healing skills but consider this - tome which cannot be used is gray (as in now no pages, so the appears also), but tome which has an active on cooldown screams RED RED RED ALERT ABORT MISSION.

• Like 1

No it hurt people eyes to have red on blue contrast swap RED is not correct for a passive CD is down. 

Gray or Dark Blue anything but red would represent the a passive CD better that fact is RED is used for something gone wrong in video games we dont need red and blue switching every time we open a tome it get very jarring you will see red and blue swap 100s of time in game play as you use your tome multiple times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I was expecting a thread about colorblindness but this is petty and I'm disappointed. The issue is is the artwork was never made for anything but a tome cooldown, so this is sort of a hackjob while they figure out how to balance tomes.

Red and blue rarely present an accessibility problem outside of total colourblindness, and different shades will account for that.

I did suggest yellow in another thread, but that would be an issue for blue/yellow colourblindness. Dark purple could work to contrast against cyan, or just invert the colours entirely. Grey would, I think, risk being too close to the existing blue.

Red does work as a clear visual indicator, though. Yes, it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's supposed to.

• Like 1

I think it's red so it stands out. The underlying (and bigger) issue is that there's too much going on on the right side with all the buffs and debuffs. That's the thing they should really address.

Take for example all the buffs you get from food, banners, etc. There should be a separate space for that, perhaps on the side of the screen or above the combat buffs/debuffs, whatever. In any case they should not be mixed in with the combat generated buffs/debuffs. Perhaps then we can see whether or not another color can be used for this. Until then I'm kinda glad it's red (even though it doesn't fit the guardian theme). 

• Like 2