Hammer Berzerker is Perhaps a Little Broken (sPVP Montage)

SnakeGTX.3509

1 hour ago, Morwath.9817 said:

I'd rather fight zerker berserker. Has less defensive CDs, no aoe fields, when you focus it he just dies and oh, won't port around thru terrain I can't follow on verge of death. I'd say, all those make huge difference.

I agree, but EIGHT SECONDS of damage invuln (4s of which is actual invuln) is pretty obnoxious on a class that 2-shots people and still has super oppressive ranged attacks.  It's kind of the grimy nature of GW2 PvP at large, though:  extremely binary rather than interactive.  If somebody gets pushed into a corner, it's very possible that the person who actually had the initiative to press an advantage can get the table turned on him/her with a single or small handful of freebie button presses.  It doesn't really drive a skill ceiling anywhere but down; if there's no incentive to play aggressively or risky for a reward, then you're just going to get a bunch of people jittering around sightline breaks and baiting attacks rather than going out and slapping people by using any real semblance of timing or aim.

This isn't to say that I didn't dig the video or want to belittle the player; this is just sort of that observation of how, even in the scope of trying something "new" and "fun," it still falls victim to the same sort of "GW2 metagame" gimmicks which have generally kept this game from being an actual competitive scene.

• Like 3

On 12/15/2022 at 10:55 AM, Lysico.4906 said:

This is unranked.  So against noobs and such.   Why rifle? 

can not see this even close to working after you leave bronze.      Can show you better and easier numbers with a sic em rangers or lol a mech 

2/ 10 on this build 

As a full gyro 1 spam rifle scrapper you really can't talk lmao xd The build that literally gets slapped by any competent player. Btw, he killed both naru and grimjack in this video. Both legendary level players. Hardly the "noobs" you're talking about. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swagg.9236 said:

I agree, but EIGHT SECONDS of damage invuln (4s of which is actual invuln) is pretty obnoxious on a class that 2-shots people and still has super oppressive ranged attacks.  It's kind of the grimy nature of GW2 PvP at large, though:  extremely binary rather than interactive.  If somebody gets pushed into a corner, it's very possible that the person who actually had the initiative to press an advantage can get the table turned on him/her with a single or small handful of freebie button presses.  It doesn't really drive a skill ceiling anywhere but down; if there's no incentive to play aggressively or risky for a reward, then you're just going to get a bunch of people jittering around sightline breaks and baiting attacks rather than going out and slapping people by using any real semblance of timing or aim.

This isn't to say that I didn't dig the video or want to belittle the player; this is just sort of that observation of how, even in the scope of trying something "new" and "fun," it still falls victim to the same sort of "GW2 metagame" gimmicks which have generally kept this game from being an actual competitive scene.

We're starting to go back to 2019 but some of the classes are there and most aren't. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Hammer Berzerker has a quite easy combo and 1 shot everything.

Meme build is still meme though.

10 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Condi Spellbreaker Sustain Is Overperforming
It litterally overshadows all duelists when holding a node. 
When the only viable way of dealing with a warrior is to have your own warrior stall him on a sidenode.

Can someone explain why they give warrior so much?

For Spell, you range it. If it is the stab version, you overload it with condis, if it is the condi clear version you CC it to death. So if you bring a ranged Condi build with several CCs in it, you should never have a problem against a condi spellbreaker.

To your last question, since Feb2020 warrior was severely underpowered due to the double whammy nerfs of that patch affecting it disproportionately. The Oct2022 patch gave it much needed love. It is some measure of people not used to some parts of warrior from them not being played heavily in almost 3 years and people getting used to the new traits and how to play against them.  And there are ways to play against them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Meme build is still meme though.

For Spell, you range it. If it is the stab version, you overload it with condis, if it is the condi clear version you CC it to death. So if you bring a ranged Condi build with several CCs in it, you should never have a problem against a condi spellbreaker.

To your last question, since Feb2020 warrior was severely underpowered due to the double whammy nerfs of that patch affecting it disproportionately. The Oct2022 patch gave it much needed love. It is some measure of people not used to some parts of warrior from them not being played heavily in almost 3 years and people getting used to the new traits and how to play against them.  And there are ways to play against them.

Ah yes .. the famous condi scrapper combining both CC and condi… why didn’t I think of that 🙂

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Really is any combination of the three, range, condi, and/or CC.

Oh I  have two CCs ranged and can use mortar… but if they have the anti CC variant, they can literally kite around point and the moment I go close to contest it will nuke me.   Cause to take a point from one you have to stand on point or hope they are dumb enough to stand on one they’ve already capped and let you pew them to death first. 

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

Oh I  have two CCs ranged and can use mortar… but if they have the anti CC variant, they can literally kite around point and the moment I go close to contest it will nuke me.   Cause to take a point from one you have to stand on point or hope they are dumb enough to stand on one they’ve already capped and let you pew them to death first. 

Then the CC variant is susceptible to the blind, chill, and poison from the mortar kit. Being weak to condi includes the non damaging ones.

Deadeye is also a hard counter to the power variants (less so if they are running GS/dagger because they have better mobility, but it's still a really tough matchup for the SpB). Just stay out of range and pew pew them to death. The only reason you don't see that more is because DE gets countered by other stuff in the meta, so you end up with a rock-paper-scissors situation.

On 1/9/2023 at 5:44 AM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Deadeye is also a hard counter to the power variants (less so if they are running GS/dagger because they have better mobility, but it's still a really tough matchup for the SpB). Just stay out of range and pew pew them to death. The only reason you don't see that more is because DE gets countered by other stuff in the meta, so you end up with a rock-paper-scissors situation.

They should nerf deadeye after warrior nerf.

On 12/18/2022 at 4:56 PM, Koensol.5860 said:

As a full gyro 1 spam rifle scrapper you really can't talk lmao xd The build that literally gets slapped by any competent player. Btw, he killed both naru and grimjack in this video. Both legendary level players. Hardly the "noobs" you're talking about. 

Even the top player got bullying.