Havent played in awhile but heard a lot of stuff got reworked, so did DH longbow get any buffs?

Twilightmage.8309

I run a DH with LB but it still feels like low DPS, but it has pretty decent CC so I still run it. The DPS is particularly low against single targets. It's kind of ironic to name the spec Dragonhunter and then have low single-target DPS if you think about it.

Edit: In WvW (and PvP) the CD on True Shot was also increased to 8 seconds whereas in PvE it's 6 seconds. I can really feel that difference. There was a time that the CD was 4 seconds in all game modes. That was a lot better from my pov. But if it's reduced in WvW to 6 seconds and a buff to Puncture Shot against single targets only, I think the DH would be in a much better place.

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 4:34 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

Yes. It's still not high enough to be really competitive in fractals, raids and strikes from what I hear, though, so if that's what you have in mind... well, they're not there yet. It'd probably work well enough elsewhere, though, and I have seen it in competitive.

Its totally useable but yeah it needs mroe love.

It has an initial burst very high , so in fractals encounters like 99 and 98 cm , it's pretty good , cause all those fight have phases where you can replicate your initial burst .

but yes on fights who last more than 15 secondes , Dh fall deep on dps for most players , re-adding the +20% damage on f1 skill instead off +15% could help a bit , doenst know why they changed that .

Edited by zeyeti.8347

7 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

It has an initial burst very high , so in fractals encounters like 99 and 98 cm , it's pretty good , cause all those fight have phases where you can replicate your initial burst .

but yes on fights who last more than 15 secondes , Dh fall deep on dps for most players , re-adding the +20% damage on f1 skill instead off +15% could help a bit , doenst know why they changed that .

It actually has a pretty underwhelming burst, especially compared to Soulbeast. It's not at all what it used to be. It's just underperforming all around.

It's still decent, but not amazing

7 minutes ago, MagicBot.1570 said:

It actually has a pretty underwhelming burst, especially compared to Soulbeast. It's not at all what it used to be. It's just underperforming all around.

It's still decent, but not amazing

so 50 k on siaxx the first couple of seconds is a tiny burst ? 😁

but yes thats all the Dh has today , while a lot of classes an e-specs got a damage review , the Dh was left with leftover and very small damage tweeks.

and yes Slb has is more bursty 

Edited by zeyeti.8347

On 1/5/2023 at 7:34 PM, zeyeti.8347 said:

so 50 k on siaxx the first couple of seconds is a tiny burst ? 😁

but yes thats all the Dh has today , while a lot of classes an e-specs got a damage review , the Dh was left with leftover and very small damage tweeks.

and yes Slb has is more bursty 

Didn't say tiny + yes it is sadly. There are many more specs that do much better right now 😞

Edited by MagicBot.1570