Mantra Of Solace (Heal Mantra) Needs a REAL BUFF in PvP

Levikilla.3076

Problem is that it is insta cast, which means that this is a healing skill which you can't interrupt or prevent in any way. Can even get used while you are CCed.

Instant healing skills are problematic because of this. So best way to handle it would probably be to give it a cast time and then buff it up. Then it has counterplay in PvP and can be allowed to heal for more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I'd dare say that the issue is aegis not the cast time.

Yeah, when they remove the aegis (and replace it with protection and resolution, like in PvE), then they might have room to buff it up to 1k or something again. That's also a way to approach it, I guess.

I think the issue is not cast time or aegis but the frequency you can use it.

I don't think the aegis is outright problematic since you can just negate it with an autoattack meaning in a 2v2 or 3v3 it gets completely used up by random cleave. It isn't a multi-hit block. In addition even if the heal were upped to 1K you would need to cast it multiple times and have the honor traitline in order to heal more than 3K. The heal on other guardian heals is 5K+ albeit with longer cooldowns.

On 12/21/2022 at 12:43 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

Yeah, when they remove the aegis (and replace it with protection and resolution, like in PvE), then they might have room to buff it up to 1k or something again. That's also a way to approach it, I guess.

They alread did that for PvP at the same time they did it for PvE. Then they un-did it. Apparently at no point was increasing its healing considered. I'm also pretty confused that you consider giving the worst heal in the game some minor buffs to be somehow gamebreaking. Traited mesmer mantra heal can heal over 4k instant-cast, isn't an issue, but apparently FB healing more than 200 is.

The instant-cast nature of it USED to be balanced out by the long mantra recharge-times, and the incentive to use the more powerful final charge. But since that's been thrown away, they clearly have no idea what to do with it.

It wouldn't be so bad for FB that its trash, if it wasn't the case that half the FB traits are designed with it in mind. If you're not taking Solace, there's not much good reason to take FB at all.

TBH I'm of the opinion that they simply do not want FB to be viable in PvP. If you want to PvP on guard, play Core or WB, these are the only options presented to you. (DH is fun memes, but not actually good).

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

They alread did that for PvP at the same time they did it for PvE. Then they un-did it. Apparently at no point was increasing its healing considered. I'm also pretty confused that you consider giving the worst heal in the game some minor buffs to be somehow gamebreaking. Traited mesmer mantra heal can heal over 4k instant-cast, isn't an issue, but apparently FB healing more than 200 is.

The instant-cast nature of it USED to be balanced out by the long mantra recharge-times, and the incentive to use the more powerful final charge. But since that's been thrown away, they clearly have no idea what to do with it.

It wouldn't be so bad for FB that its trash, if it wasn't the case that half the FB traits are designed with it in mind. If you're not taking Solace, there's not much good reason to take FB at all.

TBH I'm of the opinion that they simply do not want FB to be viable in PvP. If you want to PvP on guard, play Core or WB, these are the only options presented to you. (DH is fun memes, but not actually good).

I am pretty certain that Anet is aware that FB is trash tier in spvp. I do not think it is an issue of not knowing, but simply removing FB from spvp by making it completely useless. After all, if no one plays it no one will complain about it and Anet wont not have to do any work to fix it. Anet does this all the kittening time and it is kittening stupid. It is admission of failure on top of suffocating any diversity in spvp. The spvp population can attest to that.

IMO, just remove the aegis, put back protection and make it… heal. I know a heal skill that heals. Some novel idea here. 

On 12/21/2022 at 6:23 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

Problem is that it is insta cast, which means that this is a healing skill which you can't interrupt or prevent in any way. Can even get used while you are CCed.

Instant healing skills are problematic because of this. So best way to handle it would probably be to give it a cast time and then buff it up. Then it has counterplay in PvP and can be allowed to heal for more.

Lets just start with giving it a 1k minimum heal instead of it being a 200 heal, then we'll talk about the otherwise pointless conversation you inquired about. The HEALING effect is what needs to be fixed, not how instantly we are able to cast it.

An instant heal of 0 is still 0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2