When is Wastrel's Ruin becoming a 3-target skill and Bladestorm removes a boon per foe affected?

Grand Marshal.4098

Been a while now and since the nerf to Absorption sigil and Enchantment Collapse you can make OH Dagger a decent boonrip/dps alternative to the OH axe you nerfed and the overused GS/x combo that has eaten warrior alive for a long time.

Sad to see many of the things that were requested 3 months ago not even on the radar (for more recent stuff since I haven't played for over a month at this point aside from vacay rn).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Cleave on Dagger 4.

Boon rip on hit per on each foe hit on Dagger 5.

I love the idea of dagger 5 removing boons. However, I'm not sure that adding cleave to dagger 4 would make it good; it's still just a worse axe 4.

What about this:

Wastrels ruin:

Dash forward (450 range) to strike and immobilize (2s) your foe. Then follow up with a second attack that does double damage to boonless does.

This gives it a functionally similar to rev's Deathstrike or Willbender's executioners calling. It would combo nicely with the new dagger 5, as you could rip all the targets boons with D5 and then follow up with D4. The immob application would make it valuable even if the target isn't boonless.

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I love the idea of dagger 5 removing boons. However, I'm not sure that adding cleave to dagger 4 would make it good; it's still just a worse axe 4.

The only difference (if you meet the condition that is) is the lack of quickness. Honeslty, that just means that the base damage is too low. I think they should raise the base by 25%. 

What about this:

Wastrels ruin:

Dash forward (450 range) to strike and immobilize (2s) your foe. Then follow up with a second attack that does double damage to boonless does.

Not sure if the dash and immob are needed. The dash cant be quickened, so that is worth considering, and No Escape offers immob already on the spec.  I will agree that is needs something, be it more damage, or a secondary effect.

This gives it a functionally similar to rev's Deathstrike or Willbender's executioners calling. It would combo nicely with the new dagger 5, as you could rip all the targets boons with D5 and then follow up with D4. The immob application would make it valuable even if the target isn't boonless.

One is a teleport though. Do you want to move the combo from being Dagger3->4 to Dagger5->4?

Spell is a cross with mesmer though so giving it a 600 range shadowstep/teleport would be appropriate.

42 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

@ Calm the Storm : Why a gap closer, why not a pull?

Regardless for PVE purposes most people only care about DPS so I don't know what to say.

I'm definitely not against having a pull, but I don't see the mechanism for it, at least not on this skill. Do you just magically grab the dude and yank him to you? Is it a dagger on a chain (like Scorpion from MK)? Again, I'm not saying no, just suspicious as to how you would justify it. That said, I could totally get behind the Scorpion RP if your character yells, "Get Over Here!" when you use the skill 😀

Personally, I'd like to see a pull on bladetrail (GS4).

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
Clarity

8 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

I'm definitely not against having a pull, but I don't see the mechanism for it, at least not on this skill. Do you just magically grab the dude and yank him to you? Is it a dagger on a chain (like Scorpion from MK)? Again, I'm not saying no, just suspicious as to how you would justify it. That said, I could totally get behind the Scorpion RP if your character yells, "Get Over Here!" when you use the skill 😀

Personally, I'd like to see a pull on bladetrail (GS4).

GS has mobility, while sword / axe mainhand and dagger mainhand don't have much :S

Maybe if they're not using a skill it makes a pull flip skill.

That way if you don't run Magebane you still have a pull.

edit: and a pull removes boons

Edited by Infusion.7149

I think if you want to make Wastrel's an unique thing for its kit, you can simply make it a Melee Spinal Shiver.

Remove a boon from each target and deal 100% increased damage per target affected when a boon is removed by this skill. 

So the strike applies the boonrip first and scales the attack landing accordingly. I think 3-target skill would be better suited for this than 4 or 5.

As for Bladestorm, making the Swiftness Superspeed might be too much, so maybe Resolution would be a better boon to have for 4 sec while casting the skill. Strip the boon per foe affected by the skill once per interval, so you can't for example do more strips than WoD with a single skill lol.

Will also say that Aura Slicer removing an aura from the target and its' surrounding allies (5 auras in total) and gaining a 100% dmg increase on aura ripped would be great for any Spellbreaker and would make up for it's single target use.

5 auras might be overkill, 1 would be ideal.

Breaching Strike should also get a damage effect per boon ripped.

Loss Aversion needs a buff since Enchantment Collapse got nerfed. 

Could go something like; 

Wastrel’s ruin; deal damage (same modifier) and steal boons (1)  from a foe. Effect is doubled for foes who are not performing an action.(100% damage, 2 boons stolen)

Who doesn’t love boon steal? It has priorities built in, makes you stronger when you land it, etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, oscuro.9720 said:

Could go something like; 

Wastrel’s ruin; deal damage (same modifier) and steal boons (1)  from a foe. Effect is doubled for foes who are not performing an action.(100% damage, 2 boons stolen)

Who doesn’t love boon steal? It has priorities built in, makes you stronger when you land it, etc. 

Yes, also make it 3-target cause it has no range to it 😈