It's about time we get a LFG Queuing system

Mell.4873

We have it for PvP and with the addition of more defined roles you could easily have a way to pick the role you want to que as and jump into that content.
You should be able to que as a DPS, Quickness, Alacrity or Healer (Tank for Raid/Strikes).

I'm saying this because I think the biggest barrier to entry now for end game content is the LFG system, where you end up sitting in a lobby for 1 hour+. It's all good saying play at peak times but what if I don't have time to get a static or play at peak and just want to jump into a Pug. Its currently more time consuming than it's worth doing anything other than Fractals consistently.
I just hope that someone is generous enough to sit around waiting in the LFG long enough for it have more than a few people before I join.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 14

32 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why do someone else have to sit waiting in the lfg long enough for you to join.

You could be that person too you know mate.

I don't have time; 2 kids work full time.

Fractals take like a second to set up while Strikes take up to an hour

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 7

28 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I don't have time; 2 kids work full time.

Fractals take like a second to set up while Strikes take up to an hour

Well dont know about you but the lfg message for fractal and raid are about 50% more letters so to go from 1 second to 1 hour is a bit of a overestimate I would think.

You do know that you can go do anything else while your lfg post is in the backgound right just like with a que.

• Like 2

Steps to test this system:

1. Open your map, find the Eye of the North waypoint, teleport there

2. Walk to the portal, select strikes, join a public strike instance

3. Wait for the instance to fill up

4. Profit

also please come back and tell us how long it took for the group to fill, for science.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well dont know about you but the lfg message for fractal and raid are about 50% more letters so to go from 1 second to 1 hour is a bit of a overestimate I would think.

You do know that you can go do anything else while your lfg post is in the backgound right just like with a que.

43 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Steps to test this system:

1. Open your map, find the Eye of the North waypoint, teleport there

2. Walk to the portal, select strikes, join a public strike instance

3. Wait for the instance to fill up

4. Profit

also please come back and tell us how long it took for the group to fill, for science.

I do this but I still want it to be faster so regardless of how I don't use the LFG panel properly I would still like to see queing system like that of PvP and WvW. 

Most of the Strikes/Raid/Fractals even CM's are honestly not that hard to do I just suggested a way to speed it up.

The main barrier I face it coordinating the group since you have to look for defined roles and if the game allowed you to select which role you play it would be alot faster again. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 10

We've been over this endless times but I guess here we go again.

-Does anything stop people from queueing on builds that don't actually know how to perform their role? Does it look at the spec someone is playing, their boon duration, ...... What if someone queues up with a bizarre healer they think works but actually doesnt?

- Is there a leader of this randomly assembled party? If someone is abusive or not performing his role, can he be removed?

-Tons of GW2 encounters have unique roles that don't fit the system you propose. These can't all be included. You get to Deimos and no one can actually Handkite. Can one of your healers tank the boss, cause many bosses require one. Is one of your dps a Pylonkiter for Qadim 2? Is your healalac in w5 a druid (or other class) that knows how to push and so on and so on.

It really just isn't that simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, Baseleader.4128 said:

We've been over this endless times but I guess here we go again.

-Does anything stop people from queueing on builds that don't actually know how to perform their role? Does it look at the spec someone is playing, their boon duration, ...... What if someone queues up with a bizarre healer they think works but actually doesnt?

- Is there a leader of this randomly assembled party? If someone is abusive or not performing his role, can he be removed?

-Tons of GW2 encounters have unique roles that don't fit the system you propose. These can't all be included. You get to Deimos and no one can actually Handkite. Can one of your healers tank the boss, cause many bosses require one. Is one of your dps a Pylonkiter for Qadim 2? Is your healalac in w5 a druid (or other class) that knows how to push and so on and so on.

It really just isn't that simple.

Does anything stop people doing that now?

I'm not saying when your que pops you have to play with the people that end up in your party. The que only helps you find the party not how it is run. I'm mostly just sick of waiting around in LFGs, I guess I could start my own and just do something else for an hour or so but honestly that doesn't work all the time since people get sick of waiting and leave.

I mean I guess I ultimately don't know what it will take, my observation is based on finally having a good Raid/Strike experience. I noticed with the advent of more classes being able to provide boons it has drastically made this content more accessible. The last hurdle is the LFG system which needs and overhaul.

• Confused 7

1 minute ago, Mell.4873 said:

I guess I could start my own and just do something else for an hour or so but honestly that doesn't work all the time since people get sick of waiting and leave.

I dont know at what time you play but squads fill pretty fast usually precisely because no one starts them but tons of players are waiting to join one. Unless you're playing at like 4 AM, an IBS Strike squad fills in like 2min. 

• Like 3

Just now, Baseleader.4128 said:

I dont know at what time you play but squads fill pretty fast usually precisely because no one starts them but tons of players are waiting to join one. Unless you're playing at like 4 AM, an IBS Strike squad fills in like 2min. 

IBS Strikes is fine its more Raids/Eod Strikes

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Baseleader.4128 said:

My experiences with raids are similar tbh. Squad usually fill rather quickly. I do play on EU but mostle during hours most people work and squads still fill up.

EU has vastly superior numbers but I am going off the PvP rankings. 

I play on US and in particular the times I like to play in New Zealand are some of the lowest population times. If I'm right before reset for US has the highest playtime, well that's my mid day so I'm at work. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 4

I do think having a queue system for LFG would be nice, but having one where you're queueing for a dps quick/dps alac/heal quick/heal alac/specific roles sounds a bit complicating.

One queue system that I thought of would be to let a player queue for a raid wing/specific raid boss/specific strike boss/specific fractal etc that they want to do. Then when someone puts up a LFG for what you're looking for a window would appear saying that a LFG is available and you can read their description to see whether you want to join because you meet their requirement, or ignore it, or keep queueing until the description changes or another LFG post appears.

This way they don't have to add extra options to both the LFG and queue system for each of the unique builds and unique roles, even though that worked out for FFXIV and it probably wouldn't be that bad to be honest.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I do this but I still want it to be faster so regardless of how I don't use the LFG panel properly I would still like to see queing system like that of PvP and WvW. 

It wouldn't really make it faster, same number of people would still look for a group.

15 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I play on US and in particular the times I like to play in New Zealand are some of the lowest population times. If I'm right before reset for US has the highest playtime, well that's my mid day so I'm at work. 

Ok, but no matter what you do with the game or its lfg, it won't change the low pop hours into higher pop time, so that seems to be changing nothing about your issue?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It wouldn't really make it faster, same number of people would still look for a group.

Ok, but no matter what you do with the game or its lfg, it won't change the low pop hours into higher pop time, so that seems to be changing nothing about your issue?

Maybe it's all just a suggestion, I guess when I do get to play at peak hours over the weekend I would like it to be that much faster. 

• Confused 4

20 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Maybe it's all just a suggestion, I guess when I do get to play at peak hours over the weekend I would like it to be that much faster. 

So... just false reasoning on that part? 😛 

But again, whoever would want to use that lfg to play that content can already join your -or any other- squad on lfg, so I'm not sure how it would suddenly make it faster. You're still waiting for the same players just like now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So... just false reasoning on that part? 😛 

But again, whoever would want to use that lfg to play that content can already join your -or any other- squad on lfg, so I'm not sure how it would suddenly make it faster. You're still waiting for the same players just like now.

You would at least be able to wait in a que rather than a lobby. It could also give an artificial indication of the time it takes to find a group like it does for PvP.

Im also not saying that they should remove the old system rather it should be exactly like PvP. Your LFG party could que for more members, let say DPS once your party has its core Support members. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 7

Basic ruleset for auto-grouping for vanilla strikes:

Rule #1: 2 healers, either healalac or quickheal

Rule #2: If we get healalac we need same number of quickdps, if we get quickheal we need same number of alacdps

Rule #3: 6 pure dps - possibly add rule for how many power and how many condi

Already with vanilla strikes we see that it's not an easy queueing, for strike CMs and for raids there comes additional roles that need to be in place, which would make it even more taxing to setup the auto-grouping.

Also since it's not Anet that defines the roles, but the player community, it's not unreasonable to assume that the ruleset will change in the future, completely outside Anet's control so it's not like Anet could code the roles into the tool, they'd probably have to be aggred upon somehow by the player community and implemented in the ruleset by some uknown magic.

Edited by Zohane.7208
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zohane.7208 said:

Basic ruleset for auto-grouping for vanilla strikes:

Rule #1: 2 healers, either healalac or quickheal

Rule #2: If we get healalac we need same number of quickdps, if we get quickheal we need same number of alacdps

Rule #3: 6 pure dps - possibly add rule for how many power and how many condi

Already with vanilla strikes we see that it's not an easy queueing, for strike CMs and for raids there comes additional roles that need to be in place, which would make it even more taxing to setup the auto-grouping.

Also since it's not Anet that defines the roles, but the player community, it's not unreasonable to assume that the ruleset will change in the future, completely outside Anet's control so it's not like Anet could code the roles into the tool, they'd probably have to be aggred upon somehow by the player community and implemented in the ruleset by some uknown magic.

A squad member can que the group (or just himself) and pick the roles he wanted. The opposite is a solo player can pick a role with a tick box like a healer and quickness then que as that role (not starting a new group)

This would mirror what we have now but the advantage is it would help a solo player who let's say just wants to play Healbrand find a group. 

They won't have to sit with LFG open or wait in a group for more than 20 minutes. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

You would at least be able to wait in a que rather than a lobby. It could also give an artificial indication of the time it takes to find a group like it does for PvP.

You can already make a group in lfg and do whatever you want without somehow waiting in a lobby(?). I fail to see the usefulness of that"artificial indication".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

This game does not need an automated LFG for PvE.

Agree. 
As solo player i haven't problems to find squad for raids and strikes, and it doesn't take to much time. If you have several prepared classes and roles, you can easy and fast find squad.

Maybe he want LFG because automated system doesn't check count of kp's or LI, Titles or something else. But i won't to do raids and strikes wish absolutely new people.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Markodius.4076 said:

Agree. 
As solo player i haven't problems to find squad for raids and strikes, and it doesn't take to much time. If you have several prepared classes and roles, you can easy and fast find squad.

Maybe he want LFG because automated system doesn't check count of kp's or LI, Titles or something else. But i won't to do raids and strikes wish absolutely new people.  

You don't really need Kill Proofs. I mean for the longest time I was depositing them into the guild since I had no idea I was supposed to keep them.

That aside no one has really asked for them these days since most Raids/Strikes are pretty easy. 

This is kind of my point. This content is no longer requiring a very strict highly organised static group. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4