mouse are keyboard

robert.3475

Whichever you find easiest.

I use both at different times, it sounds complicated but I actually do it without really thinking about it. Most of the time I just use the mouse - holding down both buttons to run forward and moving the mouse to turn or (when I know I'm going more than a short distance) switching on auto-run and holding just the right mouse button when I move the mouse to turn. I never got into the habit of using the action camera much, but if I'm expecting to need to turn a lot (like when I'm doing a jumping puzzle) I'll turn it on so I don't have to hold down the mouse buttons, it stops my hand getting sore. Either way it means I'm using my mouse to move and the hand on the keyboard is free to do everything else.

In combat I'll often switch to using the keyboard because it gives more precise control, which means I can do things like taking a couple of steps outside of a red circle instead of having to dodge. I don't use it to turn however because that's too slow, the left and right keys are bound to strafe and I still use the mouse if I want to turn. (Even if you're not moving you can use the mouse to point the camera in the direction you want to go and then when you start moving your character will instantly turn in that direction and run forward.)

The nice thing is both are enabled together so I can switch instantly. I can literally go from carefully side-stepping AoEs one second to running across the battlefield using the mouse without having to do anything except let go of one button and press another. I've periodically tried to get myself to settle on one or the other, but using both is so much more versatile and like I said I don't even need to think about it, I just do whichever is best at the time.

I use WASD for movement, left-click on mouse for targeting, and right-click for camera control. I pretty keep the right-mouse button held down while playing. I find it easier to move the mouse with the right-mouse held down. My mom is a keyboard turner and she plays with a touchpad. I want to toss her and her laptop out the window when I see her playing like that... it's frustrating.

I'd say if you're going to keep playing games on the PC, it's probably a good idea to get used to moving with WASD and using the mouse for camera control or precision targeting, since its the platform's default control scheme.

If you're having a hard time remembering to hold down the right mouse button for normal WASD/mouse movement, consider trying action camera which works more like a console-style third parson action game and toggles between mouse-camera always on or pointer mode rather than using the holding down a mouse button system.

Opposite to the guy above, I beleive mouse-control is more precise. It is very good to navigate in JPs and narrow places, or if you only have a few mm between AoE circles. And if you double tap the left mousebutton you will never dodge, even if the double tap is enabled. You can move half a pixel forward quickly, and again and again and never have to fear to overstep. Mouse also helps if you have to press several skills quickly in a row.

I also use both, but I do not really switch between them. Depends on situation and environment, I do not even think about it anymore. It is a bit like a manual gearbox in a car. Once you have learned it, you do not have to think about it anymore. If you have not used mouse yet, give it a try. It is not too difficult and as I wrote above, makes movement in JPs a lot less frustrating.

Archived