Soulbeast vs Untamed (PvP)

Kstyle.5829

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Again why do we need to compete for mobility.

It's not me who keeps making incorrect claims such as

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Untamed has more Super Speed applications

in oder to make one spec look better than another for whatever reason. I'm just correcting those factually wrong statements, nothing else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

in oder to make one spec look better than another for whatever reason. I'm just correcting those factually wrong statements, nothing else.

It does though?

I mean it have an entire Ultimate is built around chasing people with super speed.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

It does though?

I mean it have an entire Ultimate built around chasing people with super speed.

Except the elite skill is not designed for chasing people, it’s designed so that the untamed can “tank” while having some extra moved speed if you are unleashed at the time. If you are burning your elite chasing people, then you pretty much miss the point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Except the elite skill is not designed for chasing people, it’s designed so that the untamed can “tank” while having some extra moved speed if you are unleashed at the time. If you are burning your elite chasing people, then you pretty much miss the point.

It's still super speed much like how Soulbeast pets skills are not designed for you to zoom around the map but If you play it that way then great. 

Good luck trying to kill anyone while being that mobile much like if you used Forest's Fortification to zoom around. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

It's still super speed much like how Soulbeast pets skills are not designed for you to zoom around the map but If you play it that way then great. 

Good luck trying to kill anyone while being that mobile much like if you used Forest's Fortification to zoom around. 

Super speed or not, the skill isn’t designed for mobility and you shouldn’t even be comparing forest fortifications with the likes of swoop, crippling leap or charge, it’s like comparing apples to oranges.

1 hour ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Super speed or not, the skill isn’t designed for mobility and you shouldn’t even be comparing forest fortifications with the likes of swoop, crippling leap or charge, it’s like comparing apples to oranges.

Yes, one is the only new Ultimate skill for an Elite. While the other is an obscure combination hidden by most users.
Again, who runs Soulbeast dual mobility pets, the only time see it is on the losing team in sPvP or a WvW players who can't kill anyone.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Yes, one is the only new Ultimate skill for an Elite. While the other is an obscure combination hidden by most users.
Again, who runs Soulbeast dual mobility pets, the only time see it is on the losing team in sPvP or a WvW players who can't kill anyone.

How is swoop, crippling leap or charge a “obscure combination hidden by most users” pretty sure most players understand that soulbeast can merge and use beast skills…. Unless ofcourse you are new here…. 🤦‍♂️

I’m not saying to run a build with both pets having swoop/leap or charge, I’m saying any build with just 1 of these is more mobile than forest fortifications. But as I said earlier, you shouldn’t even be comparing them because they have different uses, swoop/leap/charge is for gap closing/disengaging while forest fortifications is for “tanking” 🤯

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

🤦‍♂️’m not saying to run a build with both pets having swoop/leap or charge, I’m saying any build with just 1 of these is more mobile than forest fortifications. But as I said earlier, you shouldn’t even be comparing them because they have different uses, swoop/leap/charge is for gap closing/disengaging while forest fortifications is for “tanking” 

Okay I can agree with that. 

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
On 1/26/2023 at 12:23 AM, Kstyle.5829 said:

Most players and websites say that untamed is the meta PvP choice for ranger right now but I don't see why.  Now I'll admit maybe it's just a matter of player skill, but I can't see any reason to play longbow untamed when you can play soulbeast.  I've tried for many games and the only thing better in my opinion is you have more survivability.  But you lose so much damage and mobility it hardly seems worth it.  Now the hammer is  a different story, I actually think thats quite underrated.  But can someone explain to me why people say longbow untamed is so good?   At super high lvls of play does soulbeast die to quickly to be useful or am I just missing something here?

I know that it's been some time since the original post, but I only recently returned to the game.

So, long story short, Ranger was and is my favourite class and I had trouble which special specialization I should pick. So, after some search I found out that untamed is for me. I became one and after I read that soulbeast is way more damaging, I decided to raise that one as well...hated it lol

Untamed gives the pet three really cool skills and it becomes offensive like hell, not to mention that the enemy will delay realizing where the Ranger actually is cause even if he leaves, the pet keeps hunting them. And as long as you have the enemy marked, you can order your pet to use the Venomous Outburst skill and deplete the remaining HP quickly, got way too many fleeing enemies down with that skill. I use bears cause they're tanky with over 50k HP and they also become great attackers with the untamed skills.

Despite the deadliness of the Untamed and the restoring HP skills he has, most people believe it's way harder to play with than a Soulbeast. Must be true cause I encountered only two or three Untamed in PVP and countless Soulbeasts. Those few Untamed were easier to handle compared to Soulbeasts but I think that's the result of strategic gameplay and really high skill requirement of the Untamed elite spec.

• Confused 1

On 10/17/2023 at 7:11 AM, recipesw.7453 said:

I know that it's been some time since the original post, but I only recently returned to the game.

So, long story short, Ranger was and is my favourite class and I had trouble which special specialization I should pick. So, after some search I found out that untamed is for me. I became one and after I read that soulbeast is way more damaging, I decided to raise that one as well...hated it lol

Untamed gives the pet three really cool skills and it becomes offensive like hell, not to mention that the enemy will delay realizing where the Ranger actually is cause even if he leaves, the pet keeps hunting them. And as long as you have the enemy marked, you can order your pet to use the Venomous Outburst skill and deplete the remaining HP quickly, got way too many fleeing enemies down with that skill. I use bears cause they're tanky with over 50k HP and they also become great attackers with the untamed skills.

Despite the deadliness of the Untamed and the restoring HP skills he has, most people believe it's way harder to play with than a Soulbeast. Must be true cause I encountered only two or three Untamed in PVP and countless Soulbeasts. Those few Untamed were easier to handle compared to Soulbeasts but I think that's the result of strategic gameplay and really high skill requirement of the Untamed elite spec.

I dont think that untamed have higer skill celing than soulbeast, what i belive is that it takes alot less skill to make soulbeast atleast work a bit for most players,

kinda a easy to play hard to master spec where with untamed you need to be atleast in the top 50% of players to get any use out of it.