Home Istance's Nodes

Val.7826

I recently bought a Flaxseed Harvesting Node for 50 golds hoping it was worth, but it seems to give you just 1 Flax (maybe 2? never happened) a day.

Since Flax's value is around 2 silvers, at this rate it will take something like 2 or 3 years just to repay itself, and it really seems an exagerated and unfair amount of time, so I wander if I am missing some secret/not-secret way to incrase the amount of ingredients I can obtain by harvesting/mining/logging my home istance's nodes and make my Flaxseed Harvesting Node a worth purchase.

Thank you ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No, you aren't missing anything Val.  The sad truth is that the home instance, while certainly nice because it is easy gathering, never really pays itself off.  I have a full instance and while over the years it has done well there are certain nodes that are just completely not worth it and some that will never pay itself off

For instance, the Prismatium node is COMPLETELY worthless.  There are others too.  So no, you are not alone.

But, you can increase some of the nodes output with boosters and Guild Hall gathering boosts as well.  But certainly nothing major.

Edited by yimin.5238
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Val.7826 said:

I recently bought a Flaxseed Harvesting Node for 50 golds hoping it was worth, but it seems to give you just 1 Flax (maybe 2? never happened) a day.

Since Flax's value is around 2 silvers, at this rate it will take something like 2 or 3 years just to repay itself, and it really seems an exagerated and unfair amount of time, so I wander if I am missing some secret/not-secret way to incrase the amount of ingredients I can obtain by harvesting/mining/logging my home istance's nodes and make my Flaxseed Harvesting Node a worth purchase.

Thank you ❤️

There is no big secret, you can just make it a bit better with the right tools. Mosst home instance nodes are just not there to get easy money, otherwise the tradeable ones would be even more expensive too. If you want to see how long it takes to to pay off, you can check this list: https://fast.farming-community.eu/gathering/home-nodes

Edited by Schimmi.6872
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yimin.5238 said:

No, you aren't missing anything Val.  The sad truth is that the home instance, while certainly nice because it is easy gathering, never really pays itself off.  I have a full instance and while over the years it has done well there are certain nodes that are just completely not worth it and some that will never pay itself off

For instance, the Prismatium node is COMPLETELY worthless.  There are others too.  So no, you are not alone.

But, you can increase some of the nodes output with boosters and Guild Hall gathering boosts as well.  But certainly nothing major.

My heart broke a bit :')

2 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

There is no big secret, most home instance nodes are just not there to get easy money, otherwise the tradeable ones would be even more expensive too. If you want to see how long it takes to to pay off, you can check this list: https://fast.farming-community.eu/gathering/home-nodes

That link is really useful, thank you a lot!

I've been using my home instance nodes every day for as long as I can remember; maybe 8+ years. So they can be very profitable 🙂

Two less obvious benefits ... as mentioned above, using tools that give you a bonus gains extra resources (all my tools have the leatherworker glyph, making every farm a leather farm) and the home instances count for the daily gathering activities in their region (e.g. harvesting 4 nodes in Hoelbrak home instance fulfils the Shiverpeaks gathering daily).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Val.7826 said:

Thank you ❤️

Hi sadly has limited use and isnt a viable way to make better use of gold. That said, they can be very convenient for friends, guild members, strangers.

I completed a full home instance and I did it to be able to share w members of my Guild. No one asks to use it anymore cause its generally easiest for ppl to just ping /map in which ever town and use a random persons.

At one point, many years ago I felt like it was pretty cool, but it always did make me sad that its basically a waste of gold in the end. I am now done w collection legendar gear and so I dont actually use my home instance anymore unless I happen to be sitting idle and feel like responding to randoms in map chat asking for one.

I would say its prob a good idea to avoid trying to complete a HI at this point because so many other ppl have them and its a dead loss gold wise unless you plan to farm it well over 5 years or so iirc.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

I've been using my home instance nodes every day for as long as I can remember; maybe 8+ years. So they can be very profitable 🙂

Two less obvious benefits ... as mentioned above, using tools that give you a bonus gains extra resources (all my tools have the leatherworker glyph, making every farm a leather farm) and the home instances count for the daily gathering activities in their region (e.g. harvesting 4 nodes in Hoelbrak home instance fulfils the Shiverpeaks gathering daily).

Ah yeah I use that too for daily stuff when happens, still, besides mining,  I don't have yet enough other node types to fulfill daily requests

6 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Hi sadly has limited use and isnt a viable way to make better use of gold. That said, they can be very convenient for friends, guild members, strangers.

I completed a full home instance and I did it to be able to share w members of my Guild. No one asks to use it anymore cause its generally easiest for ppl to just ping /map in which ever town and use a random persons.

At one point, many years ago I felt like it was pretty cool, but it always did make me sad that its basically a waste of gold in the end. I am now done w collection legendar gear and so I dont actually use my home instance anymore unless I happen to be sitting idle and feel like responding to randoms in map chat asking for one.

I would say its prob a good idea to avoid trying to complete a HI at this point because so many other ppl have them and its a dead loss gold wise unless you plan to farm it well over 5 years or so iirc.

I see you are kind-hearted like me :3

Honestly, if I had a say, nodes of any type (or any thing that gives daily drops used directly for crafting)  wouldn't be available for purchase. With every user that activates them and uses them daily, it slowly destroys the market (along with numerous other factors, such as respawning nodes in other maps.).

Honestly, flax seeds and oil are still one of the few crafting items that still has some value. Did you really expect a gold printer to go brrr?

Edited by Zeivu.3615
  • Confused 4

Most of the important things have been answered already, so I'll just go for a few further hints about the topic in general. There are exactly 4 different methods to approach the Home Instance situation:
1.) You use the HI of somebody else
2.) You use yours, but only unlock the nodes which are relevant to you
3.) You unlock the entire HI
4.) You ignore the feature completely

1.) You use the Home Instance of somebody else
Currently the most common approach. The LFG for Central Tyria Parties always has 1-2 entries of groups either offering free spots in a full-home or searching for an opener. Finding a spot in such a group is a small gamble however and can take a little time. So you are less flexible with this method. But, you gain a lot of resources.

2.) You use your Home instance, but only unlock 'relevant' nodes to you
Especially long term veterans fall into this category and people who do not want to join random parties. The LW/Expansion nodes are kind of easy to acquire and help getting gear, unlocking achievements and collections noticeably. It may not be much compared to the dailies and actively farming those maps. But you can get a lot of currencies with minimum time requirement. This method pays off when people farm the nodes over the cause of one or a few years. Every single day.

3.) You unlock all nodes for the Home Instance (= full home)
This costs a fortune and almost never pays off if you only farm it for yourselves.

The idea behind unlocking the full home is, that you do not keep it for yourselves. You basically unlock the whole thing and share it with people, a lot of people. Some of the owners have dedicated characters, which are only used to share the Home Instance. They do it up to several times per day, full groups of 5 (= 4 guests).

Depending on your attitude, you can either state no conditions in the LFG, say you appreciate donations or even ask for them directly. For an experienced player, the full home is a good source of daily income. So tipping the owner 1 gold or more still results in profit. The more groups you host, the more tips you 'earn', the faster your investment will pay off.

This method ONLY works with full home instances. Some of the veterans here can tell from personal experience, getting people into an incomplete home instance is a chore. The majority of people who want to farm the nodes, want all in one go. There are a few players who need specific nodes for collections/crafting/achievements, but finding those special players is something that rarely happens. They are more likely to send you a tip, as you actually help them directly. But they are not enough in numbers to make the system work.

That is why you have to decide for yourselves what you want. If you want to share the home instance, you basically have to go full. If you want to use it privately or with a few close friends, you should go for the LW and expansion unlocks and leave the pricy gemstore/TP nodes out. Unlocking the useful nodes and only a few of the pricy ones will not work out for you. You cannot invite enough visitors to make the purchase worthwhile and you gain way too little personal loot from private farming either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

This method ONLY works with full home instances. Some of the veterans here can tell from personal experience, getting people into an incomplete home instance is a chore. The majority of people who want to farm the nodes, want all in one go. There are a few players who need specific nodes for

Yeah for sure a good point. I remember sharing my HI before it was complete and I can attest that people who know want the full home not a 80% or even 95% HI but that said people in a hurry will take what they can get.

I usually return dontations so I didnt consider that much. I guess if you did that a few times a day I could see getting ~ 1-2 gold per trip without a tip requirement. I often get tip offers when I share my HI.

You can get some nice QOL from the black lion farming plots, since those have exclusive ingredients needed to make 4 hour food/utility primers.  The S4 living world nodes aren't bad choices either, as volatile magic is a valuable currency and rose quartz has a good TP price.  Wintersday tree is also worth getting when you can, as it comes with a gobbler.

But for your typical material nodes?  Not really worth it.