Harbringer 20s perma protection - you kidding right?

Connla Dda.9407

6 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

*coughs*

Played this match yesterday on a chronobunker build from metabattle

Except putrid mark, All the skills that hit you are clearly visible and they don't even do instant damage but diluted over time. To have taken all the well you must have stood on the spot without defending or dodging for a full 5 seconds.
We have classes out there that can do that damage instant/ranged/from hide.

I don't know what you wanted to demonstrate with the screen, but currently you have shown all the characteristics of the average necro hater... Seriously, posting a screenshot of the damage you've taken from skills like this, doesn't demonstrate how strong a class is. 
That is, a berserker can jump into a group of enemies and deal double AOE damage in much less time. 
Is that enough to make it OP?

However the topic refers to the harbinger who is actually the only really strong necro spec (and in fact he doesn't even look like a necro if it weren't for the absence of active defenses).
And in any case, being much stronger than normal is a feature of many of the new EoD specs (and of course it's not a good thing). Catalyst and Willbender are no different. I would also add Virtuoso and Vindicator, but abstain as I haven't tried them myself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

I'm sorry, but am I reading this right? You ate a full well of darkness, half of a soul spiral, and a point blank spectral grasp that otherwise would have split towards 4 people while being ganged up on by a guardian also?

I'm not even a PvP player and I think you earned that death.

it's a necrotic grasp, that's the staff autoattack. this proves that this damage wasn't even dealt in a short window because 4 staff autos take about 4-5s to cast. & it also indicates the berserker amulet on the reaper bc otherwise it doesn't crit for over 1k

but yes standing in a well of darkness for that long deserves the death

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
On 2/3/2023 at 5:37 PM, Connla Dda.9407 said:

It is concerrning wvw.

How to kill such abomination?

It is even worse than unkillable catalysts.

Condis, liftoff to the skyes and you are dead.

Nerf this already.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1103138233052831774/1143210861532553236/image.png ill call this balance a DOYLAK QUANO, its a horror to see Anet dint step in and Nerfedt Harbringers as much as they should, this condi damage in wvw is a somekind of joke?! you cant kill these bastards and they can oneshot you with damage 2 times bigger than your whole hp pool! in LESS THAN 15 SECONDS?!

Edited by Rongaron.9213
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

• harbinger's synergy with celestial is too good
  1. is designed for hybrid damage => benefits from power, condi damage and expertise 
  2. is designed around health, armor and multiple regeneration sources for sustain => benefits from vita, toughness and healing power
  3. has plenty of boons => benefits from concentration
  • telegraphs of key skills (elite and shroud5) are poor, not to say non existent
  • unlike the other necro specs a huge amount of passive sustain options (100% regeneration uptime + blight + death magic gm trait), so unlike reaper kiting it just makes it stronger, while facetanking it - like you would do with core necro - just results in eating its poorly telegraphed key skills

Too much stuff going on here for ANet to fix it properly I guess. Otherwise that disgusting state of celestial harbinger in wvw is not to explain.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sporks.4395 said:

As an unkillable catalyst player... no way.. lol. I eat harbs for lunch. magnetic aura, imob, ded harb. 

Bronze division skill level harbingers?

What semi competent player fires projectiles into that few secods of magnetic aura and what harbinger cares about immobs (a condi soft cc 😁)?

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

What semi competent player fires projectiles into that few secods of magnetic aura and what harbinger cares about immobs (a condi soft cc 😁)?

maybe read up on how the ele build actually is played before writing stuff like this. If you actually get hit by a projectile while on that build, you're not playing it right.

21 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

If you don't kill a catalyst in the first 15 seconds you are dead. We put out wat to much damage on cele. If you double dodge our fire burst, we just reset all the cooldowns and do it again. We have the most cleanses in the game for a solo build. We also have magnetic aura up 25% of the time with a ridiculous amount of blocks, invuln, barrier, and we have a crazy amount of protection application, frost aura damage reduction, on aura damage reduction, resolution, resistance, stability, and good enough mobility to keep up with a harb if they try and run. The signet build is way to strong with the catalyst trait line. Way to strong. It's even worse with sword because of all the additional combo's we have access to. Not only do we proc an aura every ten seconds with the trait, we also proc them because of all the leaps that sword has. So now you can chain even more aura's together. Catalyst needs a rework for competitive game modes and the sake of the rest of the elementalist specs. They keep nerfing weapons because of cata. Weaver, tempest, and core suffer because of it. PvP has been dominated by catalyst. WvW has a bit more stupid builds Than PvP, but Catalyst is one of the strongest of the stupid builds right now. 

Full disclaimer, I get that it has a higher skill ceiling than a spam all your buttons and then press 1 for a while harb. I get that, but if you master the catalyst... It is really really hard to lose right now in roaming environments. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 7:38 PM, Sporks.4395 said:

If you don't kill a catalyst in the first 15 seconds you are dead. We put out wat to much damage on cele. If you double dodge our fire burst, we just reset all the cooldowns and do it again. We have the most cleanses in the game for a solo build. We also have magnetic aura up 25% of the time with a ridiculous amount of blocks, invuln, barrier, and we have a crazy amount of protection application, frost aura damage reduction, on aura damage reduction, resolution, resistance, stability, and good enough mobility to keep up with a harb if they try and run. The signet build is way to strong with the catalyst trait line. Way to strong. It's even worse with sword because of all the additional combo's we have access to. Not only do we proc an aura every ten seconds with the trait, we also proc them because of all the leaps that sword has. So now you can chain even more aura's together. Catalyst needs a rework for competitive game modes and the sake of the rest of the elementalist specs. They keep nerfing weapons because of cata. Weaver, tempest, and core suffer because of it. PvP has been dominated by catalyst. WvW has a bit more stupid builds Than PvP, but Catalyst is one of the strongest of the stupid builds right now. 

Full disclaimer, I get that it has a higher skill ceiling than a spam all your buttons and then press 1 for a while harb. I get that, but if you master the catalyst... It is really really hard to lose right now in roaming environments. 

Hi u got me really interested in sword cata, haven't seen one yet. Mind sharing ur full build?

2 hours ago, Mystiz.8795 said:

Hi u got me really interested in sword cata, haven't seen one yet. Mind sharing ur full build?

I doubt it's worth it. That said it's true that, in competitive modes, you got more potential aura generation out of Sword than you can get out of all other weapon skillsets.