Catalyst

Sansar.1302

Because its kinda in line with the other broken builds that run the roaming meta atm. The current nerfs are already big enough to push cata back in line. Ontop of that WvW is more then just roaming. The balance tends to focus abit more on the zerg aspect anyways right now and currently scepter and catalysts are pretty much nonexistent in zergs. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

Because its kinda in line with the other broken builds that run the roaming meta atm. The current nerfs are already big enough to push cata back in line. Ontop of that WvW is more then just roaming. The balance tends to focus abit more on the zerg aspect anyways right now and currently scepter and catalysts are pretty much nonexistent in zergs. 

It is miles abow all other roaming specs

• Thanks 6
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

It's not. It's that Elementalists are usually better than the rest of playerbase, since they had to play Dark Souls for straight 10 years meanwhile everyone else was playing some cookie clicker.

Elementalist ain't that hard to play, at launch it where the most complicated class but now there are a few other specs that are as complicated. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, ZoXLike.9073 said:

why is catalyst getting the big nerv ouchy but spellbreaker can jump around, like block everything and deal more dmg then any FA cata ?! 

this is just pure bs.
Ele is doing good once and everybody instant want to nerv ele to the ground.
thats just stupid

Spellbreaker is getting some big nerfs next patch and they where not as op as catalyst 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I mean why did scpter get an dps nerf in wvw when it dose less dmg then staff and hammer on catlyest? At the same time destroying non catalyest ele players builds.

Why where cantrips nerfs hard in wvw as well as conja weapons? Why was dagger rush skills nerfed hard in spvp and wvw for pve?

The splits on this balance update where very messed up and spvp and or event that most ppl do not know about controll the balancing of wvw it seems.

@Sansar.1302

Sry i did not answer your question. Because ele in wvw is being forced into an melee only class by anet so it must have big sustain or it would be unplayable. Ele is an light armor light hp mages who favored ranged skills that do not exist.

Edited by Jski.6180
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

yeah the amount of catalysts you see atm makes wvw pretty boring. Maybe the patch will help a bit but i doubt it. It's like half of the wvw playerbase is just playing any form of ele now (mostly cata and tempest).

You're kidding right? Maybe if you exclusively roam there are more than there used to be, but I hardly encounter other eles while roaming. Thieves, rangers and willbenders are still more common for me. As for zerging at least with the fight guilds are don't see any lopsided numbers. 

There is no statistical evidence proving that eles have suddenly become a majority. I'm pretty sure if most players did they would be mostly free bags regardless. I'm not saying ele isn't strong but I think people here are using confirmation bias to overstate how much because there originally was such a scarcity of eles before hand and no numbers of professions are evening out more. 

• Confused 5

4 hours ago, Serephen.3420 said:

You're kidding right? Maybe if you exclusively roam there are more than there used to be, but I hardly encounter other eles while roaming. Thieves, rangers and willbenders are still more common for me. As for zerging at least with the fight guilds are don't see any lopsided numbers. 

There is no statistical evidence proving that eles have suddenly become a majority. I'm pretty sure if most players did they would be mostly free bags regardless. I'm not saying ele isn't strong but I think people here are using confirmation bias to overstate how much because there originally was such a scarcity of eles before hand and no numbers of professions are evening out more. 

have always seen a quite a few elementalists and they have always been a pretty solid class

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

They did nerf catalyst sustain in wvw in fact they nerfed all eles sustain in wvw though no longer having cdr trait for cantrips and on some level no longer having cdr on conaj wepon skills.

Its far better to have channled blocks (i am guessing that the catalyst skills ppl are talking about) then say and take 0 dmg effect that not channled that we see on far more tankly classes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2