Problem with popup to claim objectives disabling action camera

MaLong.2079

People have complained about this popup before but this is specific to action camera.

I play WvW with action camera and it is terrible that this notification disables it. This is deadly during combat and troublesome when not in combat.

It would be great to not disable action camera when the popup- well... pops up 😁Just like pending squad invites.

Is there an option to change this behavior that I have not found?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So, I mapped the mouse scroll wheel button to enable/disable action camera. This way, when the pop-up appears I press the scroll wheel to activate action camera quickly leaving the dialogue open until I am done doing whatever I am doing.

Often though, someone claims the objective fast and action camera gets enabled right before I click the wheel, so I end up disabling it again, followed by panic and often death. ☠️

Also, it is taking longer than I expected to train my mind to just press the wheel instead of instinctively trying to click on the X to close the dialogue. 😬

So I give this workaround a 5.5 out of 10. Makes it slightly less terrible. 😐

Only time I see a problem occur, is if my visual alignment is slightly tilted up, looking towards the sky, I will have a target lock on an opponent, but my skills will not fire.  If my visual alignment is tilted down as if I'm looking towards the ground, my skills go off without a hitch on targets.  That's the only problem I ever have with the action camera.  I tilt up, and if my opponent is targeted, my skills will not activate.  I tilt down, and if my opponent is targeted, then my skills go off without a hitch.  <---This ticks me off.  Because I have them targeted, it should not matter if my action camera is tilted up or down.  What gives?

8 hours ago, KeyOrion.9506 said:

Only time I see a problem occur, is if my visual alignment is slightly tilted up, looking towards the sky, I will have a target lock on an opponent, but my skills will not fire.  If my visual alignment is tilted down as if I'm looking towards the ground, my skills go off without a hitch on targets.  That's the only problem I ever have with the action camera.  I tilt up, and if my opponent is targeted, my skills will not activate.  I tilt down, and if my opponent is targeted, then my skills go off without a hitch.  <---This ticks me off.  Because I have them targeted, it should not matter if my action camera is tilted up or down.  What gives?

Are you repping a guild and have claim privileges? If so, any time an objective you've tagged is capped, the claim objective window pops up and turns action camera off. This is fine if you're AFK ten minute capping camps, it's kittening terrible when it happens in the middle of a fight for obvious reasons.