Feedback to Rapid Regeneration

Noah Salazar.5430

Scrapper Dps is so pathetic in PvP you pretty much have to take object in motion and all the strike damage modifiers in explosives and tools to have enough damage to move someone off point. It doesn't matter how tanky you are, if you can't deal damage people just ignore you.

This new trait doesn't scale with healing power very well, and it's objectively worse if you are making a bunker build based on that.  However since the base healing is pretty good it seems like armor stacking is the way to go. Maybe running demolisher or dolyek with full damage talents otherwise. This seems to be fairly effective in my experience 

6 minutes ago, Erick Alastor.3917 said:

Maybe they were trying to revive the niche heal scrapper for PvE?
We no longer have the every blast is a water blast trait tho, so not sure if it will be enough.
Also mortar kit+Superior Rune of the Zephyrite to upkeep superspeed could maybe be considered.

No it's for 5v5 pvp for sure.  They said so on stream it's a sustain buff for dps scrapper in that scenario. That's why it doesn't really benefit from healing power

1 hour ago, Kstyle.5829 said:

No it's for 5v5 pvp for sure.  They said so on stream it's a sustain buff for dps scrapper in that scenario. That's why it doesn't really benefit from healing power

God I hate when they balance around pvp. They can at least buff the healing power benefit for pve.

12 minutes ago, Calen.8945 said:

God I hate when they balance around pvp. They can at least buff the healing power benefit for pve.

It's a pvp centric game though. Pvp balance is a lot more important because you're fighting other players. Pve is easy bc it's designed to be beatable with even the worst builds taken into consideration. It's not a dps or healing competition it's teamwork to overcome a boss and generally you're taken for your provided buffs or debuffs moreso than a few percentages of healing or damage more than someone else 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 2/14/2023 at 10:40 PM, Kuma.1503 said:

This trait is useless in competetive. The sustain is pitiful at the current tuning. I'd rather take Expert Examination on tanky builds. The weakness ends up preventing more damage, and the vuln helps you set up kills. 

If I'm being pressured from range, I've got Defense field, Elixir S, and my hammer skills to buy me time to find LoS. If it had its PvE tuning, I might consider taking it. 

Try using these traits:

Inventions - 3-2-2

Alchemy - 2-3-2

Scrapper - 2-1-(whichever trait you want)

You could run these traits with a healing turret + e-gun set up. Run paladin amu with this build. Let me know if that does any good (you can decide the other stuff like other utils and sigils/runes, oh yeah run it with hammer too)

EDIT: in alch, you can also try 2-1-2 for more regen uptime

Edited by Ghos.1326

8 hours ago, Ghos.1326 said:

Try using these traits:

Inventions - 3-2-2

Alchemy - 2-3-2

Scrapper - 2-1-(whichever trait you want)

You could run these traits with a healing turret + e-gun set up. Run paladin amu with this build. Let me know if that does any good (you can decide the other stuff like other utils and sigils/runes, oh yeah run it with hammer too)

EDIT: in alch, you can also try 2-1-2 for more regen uptime

You wont be able to kill anybody.  The main problem with bunkers is that you have to have some damage to pressure your opponent.  If you go full bunker and no damage you can't take a point away from someone.  You can't hold one either because they are not intimidated by your wet noodle, and instead of running off point to survive you they just go full PVE mode and do maximum dps rotation on your face.   

I've played dps scrapper in PvP for 90% of my time on guild wars. And in the last few days I've tried builds with every single trait line and amulet combination.  I'm not saying it's perfect, but this is what I'm using right now:  

Tools 2-1-1

Alchemy 1-1-3

Scrapper 1-1-2

Medic gyro, elixer U, Elixir gun, shredder gyro, mortar kit.

Berserker Amulet / Dolyak rune

At the very least you get permanent swiftness due to tools.  You also get condi removal on every single toolbelt skill which procs your regen.  The only issue with this build is your damage is still a little bit low which is why you use berserker amulet.  

If you want more damage you replace alchemy with explosives 3-3-3.  In this case I generally take demolisher amulet with chronomancer rune and blast gyro over elixir gun, and play more of a ranged mortar barrage and occasionally melee bursting.  It may be better to just go object in motion at that point... but when you're kiting people with mortars the big boomer + rapid regen is kind of good for getting some health back.  

Edited by Kstyle.5829

On 2/18/2023 at 4:09 PM, Kstyle.5829 said:

Oh I see, ty for the info. Kinda sad then, I'll try to see if it's still somewhat viable for pve when I'll be able to play, I used to like healscrap :<

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Erick Alastor.3917 said:

Oh I see, ty for the info. Kinda sad then, I'll try to see if it's still somewhat viable for pve when I'll be able to play, I used to like healscrap :<

It’s a minor buff for PVE because what else are you gonna pick?  Damage modifiers for your 2k dps? Naw might as well take free healing.  Healing was never hScrappers issue though (elixir nerf due to mech didn’t help though).  It is boons, specifically might being hard to maintain.  That and HB just having all the tools you’d ever want from your quick heal (herald too now).

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2023 at 9:35 PM, Kstyle.5829 said:

You wont be able to kill anybody.  The main problem with bunkers is that you have to have some damage to pressure your opponent.  If you go full bunker and no damage you can't take a point away from someone.  You can't hold one either because they are not intimidated by your wet noodle, and instead of running off point to survive you they just go full PVE mode and do maximum dps rotation on your face.   

I've played dps scrapper in PvP for 90% of my time on guild wars. And in the last few days I've tried builds with every single trait line and amulet combination.  I'm not saying it's perfect, but this is what I'm using right now:  

Tools 2-1-1

Alchemy 1-1-3

Scrapper 1-1-2

Medic gyro, elixer U, Elixir gun, shredder gyro, mortar kit.

Berserker Amulet / Dolyak rune

At the very least you get permanent swiftness due to tools.  You also get condi removal on every single toolbelt skill which procs your regen.  The only issue with this build is your damage is still a little bit low which is why you use berserker amulet.  

If you want more damage you replace alchemy with explosives 3-3-3.  In this case I generally take demolisher amulet with chronomancer rune and blast gyro over elixir gun, and play more of a ranged mortar barrage and occasionally melee bursting.  It may be better to just go object in motion at that point... but when you're kiting people with mortars the big boomer + rapid regen is kind of good for getting some health back.  

You may be underestimating e-gun's power a little here. it's very strong.

On 2/16/2023 at 6:45 PM, Kstyle.5829 said:

Scrapper Dps is so pathetic in PvP you pretty much have to take object in motion and all the strike damage modifiers in explosives and tools to have enough damage to move someone off point. It doesn't matter how tanky you are, if you can't deal damage people just ignore you.

This new trait doesn't scale with healing power very well, and it's objectively worse if you are making a bunker build based on that.  However since the base healing is pretty good it seems like armor stacking is the way to go. Maybe running demolisher or dolyek with full damage talents otherwise. This seems to be fairly effective in my experience 

I've seen damaging builds that use Expert examination (the one above object in motion).   The weakness can provide you with survivability in a v1.  You'd ask why the vuln, well it does give you synergy with the explosives trait that does more damage when vuln is on, it allows teammates to also get that damage bonus, and object in motion is typically 5 or 10%, so you get more than 10% with two rocket jump hits.... you also have shredder gyro which can then stack like 25 vuln on people (and thunderclap).  So basically it lets you much more easily hit the 25 vuln.

Anyway just to point out that Expert Examination is often overlooked.

• Like 1