Hypothetical D/P Change & Buffs

Jugglemonkey.8741

they want to tackle stealth but there's other mechanics that are equally boring and annoying to play against, like mesmer with 1000 clones and stealth, vastly more annoying, reflects, invuln, blocks, I spend most my time in pvp waiting for peoples buffs to end so I can actually deal damage, to then heavily nerf stealth is just unfair, a minor nerf to stealth could just be adding the option that you do not lose target, so when they finally exit stealth they are targetted

combat isn't fast paced enough, now and then I'll come up against another thief who isn't abusing stealth and the fight is over in 30 seconds and it is refreshing

but most people that trash talk daredevils and stealth, they abuse reflect projectile, destroy projectile, blocks, invuln, all of them, no end... I think sadly if they want to remove stealth they will have to rework alot in game, it's the problem with mmo transitioning to pvp, the skills are just not pvp skills

most pvp games are alot more fast paced and over much quicker and you're heavily punished for wandering alone

Edited by Raincloud.2594

1 hour ago, Raincloud.2594 said:

they want to tackle stealth but there's other mechanics that are equally boring and annoying to play against, like mesmer with 1000 clones and stealth, vastly more annoying, reflects, invuln, blocks, I spend most my time in pvp waiting for peoples buffs to end so I can actually deal damage, to then heavily nerf stealth is just unfair, a minor nerf to stealth could just be adding the option that you do not lose target, so when they finally exit stealth they are targetted

combat isn't fast paced enough, now and then I'll come up against another thief who isn't abusing stealth and the fight is over in 30 seconds and it is refreshing

but most people that trash talk daredevils and stealth, they abuse reflect projectile, destroy projectile, blocks, invuln, all of them, no end... I think sadly if they want to remove stealth they will have to rework alot in game, it's the problem with mmo transitioning to pvp, the skills are just not pvp skills

most pvp games are alot more fast paced and over much quicker and you're heavily punished for wandering alone

I don't know how you would possibly keep target on a atealthed enemy.

Anyway, overall I think people want thief to experience consequences for engaging in fights and not being able to just engage and disengage whenever, repeatedly, for free. I think that may also be the appeal to playing thief for many, avoiding consequences. They say its the fast pace combat but other specs offer that, just with consequences.

4 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

I don't know how you would possibly keep target on a atealthed enemy.

Anyway, overall I think people want thief to experience consequences for engaging in fights and not being able to just engage and disengage whenever, repeatedly, for free. I think that may also be the appeal to playing thief for many, avoiding consequences. They say its the fast pace combat but other specs offer that, just with consequences.

The real issue is everyone is tired of the complaints and some that play want to do more than JUST roam or decap.

On 2/19/2023 at 9:38 AM, UNOwen.7132 said:

Yeaah if youre hitting 6k in WvW, let alone 8k, youre facing enemies in yellow gear. Its scaling isnt high enough to get even 6k on anyone. 

Youre also not getting 4k in sPvP on Shadowshot. Youre getting that much on Backstab. Shadowshot is gonna hit 2.5k or so, max.

He mentioned ripping boons first. If you know the boon order on the boon steal you have packed, you can sort of plan how far into a boon lineup you need to punch through to take out the one that will mitigate for them the most. An opening sequence is more about prep for the burn so you dismantle some stuff to hit as much raw Health bar as you can. 

Your stuff is also scaled depending on where you're at on the map and who's around and you also might have run into someone who just spent all their budget and has nothing for you.