WvW map ques

It's called a queue for a reason. There's no solution to a queue, because that's the point. If you dont get in at reset... well you snooze you loose. 50 queue isnt even that much. EBG on resets have seen 150+ queues. Do PvE while you queue, do EoTM, watch Youtube, go pet your cat, whatever.

another post in the wrong subforum xD. Queues are not related to world restructuring at all...

queues were always there, and always have worked the same. Iirc, there has been only one map-limit-change in the history of WvW, and queues did exist from the very beginning. 

Queues on Reset are completely normal, it´s the evening with the highest activity after all

Edited by Custodio.6134

Just because it's "normal" doesn't make it any less frustrating when you have a group/guild trying to get in and not all  can ..Pushing to make more people play WvW , I just wondered if they were planning to up the servers or something. Saying wait , do something else, not really helpful by the time you get in your group is done..but hey, thanks for the "positive feedback....If this is the wrong subforum, my bad, no need to criticize, instead maybe offer the correct information/location? I thought this was players helping players. Happy gaming 😕

Edited by DDRoadWalker.3216
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, DDRoadWalker.3216 said:

.If this is the wrong subforum, my bad, no need to criticize, instead maybe offer the correct information/location? I thought this was players helping players.

no, this is NOT Players helping players. 

This is the World Restructuring Beta-Feedback Subforum, the area of the WvW-Forums dedicated to World restructuring. 

The Players helping Players-Forum is 6 rows above the general WvW-Forum... i have no idead how you landed in this part, 6 rows below, and one subforum deeper than where you wanted to post...

Your topic is a general WvW-issue, and as it is not related to World Restructuring at all, is meant to be posted in the general WvW-Forum. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/23-world-vs-world/

Edited by Custodio.6134

2 hours ago, DDRoadWalker.3216 said:

Just because it's "normal" doesn't make it any less frustrating when you have a group/guild trying to get in and not all  can ..Pushing to make more people play WvW , I just wondered if they were planning to up the servers or something. Saying wait , do something else, not really helpful by the time you get in your group is done..but hey, thanks for the "positive feedback....If this is the wrong subforum, my bad, no need to criticize, instead maybe offer the correct information/location? I thought this was players helping players. Happy gaming 😕

What do you mean up the servers?

Add more servers for a problem that only lasts for like 2 hours of the week?

Reset queues have existed for 10 years, even when we had double the amount of matches.

Eotm was created as an option for when there's 4 map queues, go play there until you can get in.

On 2/11/2023 at 3:21 PM, DDRoadWalker.3216 said:

I understand ANet obviously wants more people to WvW  . However, it is extremely frustrating to the point of not playing at all, when the maps are all que'd  some over 50 at times, especially on reset.  Is there no resolve for this??

There is, it called Edge of The Mists. Its the overflow map for all servers of the same color, which is an issue but OT. After queue bugs at reset, yes ANet not fixed yet for an FYI point, headed to EoTM since all maps were queued. Spent a number of hours there waiting in line for the regular maps and had a blast. And found a lot of people from various servers facing map queues. Since gates and walls weren't nerfed there it was interesting to get a perspective of the various defense nerfs that were applied to wall and gate strength since it seems it wasn't applied there. Will stick with EoTM does need the mount and glider logic added. Positioning remained an important aspect in the fights and had to laugh when I backed off an edge. After playing in the map in the past just scrolled out to WP before falling to far but was hilarious all the same. Could still see it as a fifth map in regular WvW and replace it with a copy of EBG as the overflow map in EoTM to handle the excess population we might see with the WR project. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
spelling

On 2/11/2023 at 6:11 PM, Custodio.6134 said:

another post in the wrong subforum xD. Queues are not related to world restructuring at all...

queues were always there, and always have worked the same. Iirc, there has been only one map-limit-change in the history of WvW, and queues did exist from the very beginning. 

Queues on Reset are completely normal, it´s the evening with the highest activity after all

Agree in the sense of where and why it was posted. But spin it around and look at it from a different angle. Replace increasing population due to the weekly WvW achievements and instead with the WR calculations not considering time zone and now we have over stacked time zones and how is that handled from a queue perspective? I agree probably wrong sub forum but also still a valid issue on how do we plan for issues created from the WR project, so in that case fair ball here.

15 hours ago, DDRoadWalker.3216 said:

ANet hasn't said. And forgive me if I took your topic and ran with it.

On a side note, did you first post this in players helping players subforum? If so someone have requested this to moved and it might have moved to the wrong subforum. So it might get different replies.

In either cases, Happy gaming, but better yet since this is WvW, Good Hunting! Don't be discouraged by Forum Wars 2, there is a game here as well and more voices only help in sharing more ideas.

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

if a thread is moved from one subforum to another, any options in the software framework you use to add an addendum to it to note that? 

that´s actually a thing, below the last post is always a message, especially in cases where topics get moved, merged, closed or the title got updated. 

This thread doesn´t  have that, so it clearly didn´t get moved or merged, and was just posted in the wrong subforum instead

Edited by Custodio.6134