patch feedback, warrior still busted af.

Eddie.9143

3 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

knockdowns are wayyyy too long, stuns are way too long.

disagreeable

they can do a ton of damage in that 2-4 seconds. 

Not really compared to the dps output of catas and full bursters.

and if they do modify their build for full burst it means their sustain is mainly from their cc meaning that if you have allies or sufficient burst and stunbreaks you can easily kill them.

bladesworn also becoming unhealthy

completely agree

• Confused 4

13 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

knockdowns are wayyyy too long, stuns are way too long, and they can do a ton of damage in that 2-4 seconds. 

Do Warrior get permanent superspeed and melee range of 200 units in exchange for losing their CCs?

Because that's what will be necessities for Warriors to land their attacks, if the CC was to be nerfed or removed.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 3

Realistically the only problem class is virtuoso in that it suffers from what we can call the fire weaver effect. That is, it is extremely overpowered while simultaneously being useless in conquest.

The second concern right now is Renegade which is going back to its old seven arrow rework days of having ridiculous levels of burst damage and burst mobility.

Bring those two classes into a better balance within themselves and you honestly have a decent balance here.

There are some few underplayed classes that are too difficult for most people to play but if they're buffed than the few people that can play them well become oppressive overpowered. That's a more complicated issue to fix.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Do Warrior get permanent superspeed and melee range of 200 units in exchange for losing their CCs?

Because that's what will be necessities for Warriors to land their attacks, if the CC was to be nerfed or removed.

Id rather have a warrior hitting me while I can use skills rather than being hit and totally locked out 

• Like 1

Its give and take with warriors. 

They get: Butt tons of CC and durability. 

Also get: Most telegraphed/counterplayable skills in the game. 

They're still my favorite class to fight by a long shot. The CC chain doesn't happen until you start making mistakes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Its give and take with warriors. 

They get: Butt tons of CC and durability. 

Also get: Most telegraphed/counterplayable skills in the game. 

They're still my favorite class to fight by a long shot. The CC chain doesn't happen until you start making mistakes. 

For Warrior, it often feels more like take and take, rather than give and take though.

Warrior is the most telegraphed and thus easiest to counter profession with the least effective range (since Longbow and Rifle are unviable, they don't account for effective range). The ever-increasing powercreep effectively minimalized passive durability as a favourable point for Warrior.  Warrior doesn't even have semi-viable support capabilities anymore. The ones Warrior used to have got demolished eventually (for examples, Shoutsworn or Banners).

I don't think the damage and CC make up for all the shortcomings Warrior has, especially since it's so easy to avoid it, sometimes even by simply walking backwards.

The one thing that Warrior has going for it, is fun when playing it, but that's highly subjective. Luckily for Warrior, that's the single most important thing in a game.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Eddie.9143 said:

Id rather have a warrior hitting me while I can use skills rather than being hit and totally locked out 

Yeah, cause war does 0 dmg. Give it the dmg to compensate the CC you want to take away and you'll be right back moaning and making 5 threads a week about how OP it is.

• Like 4

I'm not sure since the defence update any warrior build is really hard countered by mesmer now and certainly not the meta virtuoso, resistance on dodge and being able to easily switch to stalwart strength means you're pretty much immune to CC and blinds if you want to be. The shatters being as well telegraphed as warrior burst also evens it out and you got full counter and magebane to tip the balance in your favour against the blocks and stealth. To put it another way:
Instead of crying what about use stalwart strength and kill the class ezy claps? xD

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

Could we get a meme dir this? I Like how a mesmer Main crys about warriors cc's while he play the class with the most discusting daze Spam utillitys in the Game. 

Instead of crying what about use daze mantra and kill the class ezy claps? xD

Daze Mantra... I wouldn't call broken, but it makes me want to say gamer words sometimes. 

Usually when I'm being trained by mesmer + thief out of stealth. 

and then I hear the loud "reeeee" and I'm stuck standing there like an Easter island head while the thief  makes sirloin out of my insides. 

After the in-game tinnitus spike and I try to use something to defend myself I there comes the second charge and I briefly conemplate my life decisions up to that point. 

I honestly wouldn't mind if the daze was twice as long, if it only lasted 1/4 seconds if they whiff it into nothing. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Haha 1