WvWvW is unfair

senftube.6081

24 minutes ago, Absurd.2947 said:

You guys should look at it from a different perspective. 
There are maybe 70 players left in EU who play the game at an above average level. 

dear absurd.2947

In this post we are not talking about experienced players or players who use meta constructions or random players or clumsy players or players who go into voice etc etc. Here we were talking about a team game, and that a number of players transfer (always very carefully to where they transfer) the week after the reconnections ruining the fun for other players too.

( because you overload one side and empty the other side ) going to say that Anet has always refused any sort of transfer control, so perhaps she could have at least not encouraged this attitude of the player, with anything you can think of.

Let's talk about this . As a player who abuses a mechanic, he actually manipulates not only his own gaming experience but also that of another, often for an extended period of play of several weeks. And this is actually not nice.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/20/2023 at 5:39 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

It's almost as if this idea of world and server pride has long since been obsolete and there should be a way to stick with some sort of group of players instead, a "guild" sort of speak.

People will change Alliances just as people change Servers these days. I suspect there will be some very strong Alliances and, well, the rest.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

dear absurd.2947

In this post we are not talking about experienced players or players who use meta constructions or random players or clumsy players or players who go into voice etc etc. Here we were talking about a team game, and that a number of players transfer (always very carefully to where they transfer) the week after the reconnections ruining the fun for other players too.

( because you overload one side and empty the other side ) going to say that Anet has always refused any sort of transfer control, so perhaps she could have at least not encouraged this attitude of the player, with anything you can think of.

Let's talk about this . As a player who abuses a mechanic, he actually manipulates not only his own gaming experience but also that of another, often for an extended period of play of several weeks. And this is actually not nice.

That's just a fancy, convoluted way of saying that you're mad about losing to better players.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Absurd.2947 said:

That's just a fancy, convoluted way of saying that you're mad about losing to better players.

Losing against good players or in a 1 VS 20 is quit different. It is simply stupid that players which manipulate are getting rewarded and not punished. Punished are those with sportmanship and that is a real big problem. Same in Spvp where u have wintrading.  Why should peoples stick to the mode when there is to much of that behavior? Makes no sense. Atm the wvw and spvp is so that u either join that behavior or gtfo.

Edited by Yunari.9065
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

ArenaNet should simply limit the transfers you can make per year. At the moment it's just pay to win as it is now. Previously, the system worked because the servers were full but that is no longer true. I know that they are working on the Ally system but in the meantime they should be looking a little better in terms of mass transfers.

It is even more stupid on EU where certain servers get no link at all and then hang for weeks in T5.

@Absurd
Your argument is not good. You can be as good as you want but if 20 opponents chase you over the map, you can be a PvP god and you are still dead. If the opponent completely outnumbers you for 22 hours you can't do anything. . Currently, the Gem buyers are just immensely rewarded. Be that with more bags, kills, etc.....that is a big design fault.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

People will change Alliances just as people change Servers these days. I suspect there will be some very strong Alliances and, well, the rest.

But the alliance wont know which team it ends up on, which is far better than people continously stacking monolithic worlds every time they open.

Changing alliance for the purpose of stacking a team would be about as effective as transfering to a medium link world in T1 a day before relink.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But the alliance wont know which team it ends up on, which is far better than people continously stacking monolithic worlds every time they open.

Changing alliance for the purpose of stacking a team would be about as effective as transfering to a medium link world in T1 a day before relink.

Not sure if it will be better or just different. Alliances can have what 500 members? And if it's a guild built specifically around WvW and a certain window of time, then you might end up with alliances that can control WvW whenever they play. I mean 4 maps of WvW will be able to hold what, maybe 300 players per side? 

I think that an alliance will still have the potential of dominating a side. And you know, if they can't play with their own people regularly because there are other alliances vying for those limited spots per map, I think we can expect a lot of complaints here about that.

Never underestimate how far some people are willing to go to win.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Absurd.2947 said:

Sorry to say this but you're living up to your name.

In your own defense you don't know the guy.

In his defense I play with him everyday and he's tagged up leading whatever rabble we can piece together, against whatever hand we're dealt. He never rage quits, never berates, never loses his kitten and never gives up. He hit 10K the other night, didn't even pause to celebrate or let us celebrate for him - went straight to the next defense that was needed. He posts here daily in English (not his first language) in a rational and non-confrontational way, with thought and passion because he LOVES world vs world.

Simply put he is the type of guy Arenanet should be engaging with because he and others like him are the life blood of the mode and have kept the game alive.

Unlike the ego-driven, validation-starved, dopamine-seeking drivers of guilds and the sheep who follow them mistreating WvW as their personal playground jumping ship to the next server or game when their insatiable appetite isn't being met.

That was harsh, somewhat dramatic and not directed at you personally.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Not sure if it will be better or just different. Alliances can have what 500 members? And if it's a guild built specifically around WvW and a certain window of time, then you might end up with alliances that can control WvW whenever they play. I mean 4 maps of WvW will be able to hold what, maybe 300 players per side? 

Guilds can have 500 members today and recruit all the people they want for their specific time zones.

Why arent we seeing 450 man queues to a border when a 50 man guild is raiding.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Guilds can have 500 members today and recruit all the people they want for their specific time zones.

Why arent we seeing 450 man queues to a border when a 50 man guild is raiding.

Because it's not needed now. They can work together with other guilds on the server. Necessity is the mother of invention.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MarzAttakz.9608 said:

Sorry to say this but you're living up to your name.

In your own defense you don't know the guy.

In his defense I play with him everyday and he's tagged up leading whatever rabble we can piece together, against whatever hand we're dealt. He never rage quits, never berates, never loses his kitten and never gives up. He hit 10K the other night, didn't even pause to celebrate or let us celebrate for him - went straight to the next defense that was needed. He posts here daily in English (not his first language) in a rational and non-confrontational way, with thought and passion because he LOVES world vs world.

Simply put he is the type of guy Arenanet should be engaging with because he and others like him are the life blood of the mode and have kept the game alive.

Unlike the ego-driven, validation-starved, dopamine-seeking drivers of guilds and the sheep who follow them mistreating WvW as their personal playground jumping ship to the next server or game when their insatiable appetite isn't being met.

That was harsh, somewhat dramatic and not directed at you personally.

I'm sure you're both lovely people but that doesn't change a thing. Complaining about transfers "ruining the game" is basically what I said - complaining about losing to squads with better players, on better classes, on voice with maybe better leads. Because it's very rarely about numbers. 

I've been on Vabbi for a couple of months, now we're linked to WSR and yeah, it got stacked. I mean, people are saying it's about the numbers. We got queues, that's for sure. But so do enemy servers, they have no trouble getting two map blobs each to karma train. They're getting wiped by half their numbers. Now is it our fault that they're running 20+ mechanists per squad? You said it yourself: "rabble". People put in zero effort and complain they're losing to people who do put in effort.  

I get what the other guys are saying, though. Getting chased by 10 "roamers" when you're flipping a sentry is kitten, I agree. 

And what are you all suggesting? That people should stay on those servers to even the odds? That they should be carrying those squads with 20 mechanists?

Edited by Absurd.2947
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Because it's not needed now. They can work together with other guilds on the server. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Why would it be needed under a system that is identical to current WvW in terms of average world/team sizes, weekly matchups, 1u1d tiers and 2 months reshuffles?

Edited by Dawdler.8521

9 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Side note though, its like people saying expansions are P2W.

Such a braindead take would be consistent with not having $30 to buy the expansion  and kittening (you have other issues!). Or not finding a way out of spawn. Not to be taken seriously. P2W means that you can purchase additional power that scales with money, so someone that spends $1000 will be superior to someone that spends $100.   There's also a snowball effect where if you're stronger, it's easier to become stronger. That's how they "gacha".

Gw2 is the exact opposite, especially since previous expansions are cheap or even free. Newer players spend less than old players did. I spent $55 for vanilla and my characters certainly  aren't stronger. Espeically when you can get gems through in-game gold, and in-game gold isn't some kind of scarce resource. It just comes from playing the game. It's not like, say, Lost Ark, where it deliberately controls the flow of the gold through specific repetitious content + FOMO to maximize player misery.

But regardless Gw2 is B2P so the whole pw2 things are nonsensical. I also have an alt vanilla account  and not having a mount sucks, but it isn't exactly like I have to pay to win. Win what, exactly? Oh, and yea, you can indeed play on another server for free with another f2p account!

9 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Want to see P2W, play World of Tanks or any of the series. Sure you can expect new elites to be OP in the beginning but the noodle bat will arrive. Ramen for all nom nom nom.

Edit: Shouldn't have mentioned ramen now I want some noodles with Ancho-Marsala. For those that like flavor and spice, Bravado has some quite tasty combos as a US side note.

Yea, it's an effective money maker, unfortunately. But at the end of the day it's not a charity. 

The way I look at it, I would pay money to support the game or buy new content. But WvW is in such a trash state atm that rewarding them for doing that for doing nothing is imo very dumb. Put your money where your mouth is I say; don't just complain and "threaten" to leave while continuing to line their pockets.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I think that an alliance will still have the potential of dominating a side. And you know, if they can't play with their own people regularly because there are other alliances vying for those limited spots per map, I think we can expect a lot of complaints here about that.

Never underestimate how far some people are willing to go to win.

If any alliance is stupid enough to recruit 500 players for 2-4hrs of prime time then they will be fighting themselves in queues when they're on, and dead time zones for the rest of the time.

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Such a braindead take would be consistent with not having $30 to buy the expansion  and kittening (you have other issues!). Or not finding a way out of spawn. Not to be taken seriously. P2W means that you can purchase additional power that scales with money, so someone that spends $1000 will be superior to someone that spends $100.   There's also a snowball effect where if you're stronger, it's easier to become stronger. That's how they "gacha".

Gw2 is the exact opposite, especially since previous expansions are cheap or even free. Newer players spend less than old players did. I spent $55 for vanilla and my characters certainly  aren't stronger. Espeically when you can get gems through in-game gold, and in-game gold isn't some kind of scarce resource. It just comes from playing the game. It's not like, say, Lost Ark, where it deliberately controls the flow of the gold through specific repetitious content + FOMO to maximize player misery.

But regardless Gw2 is B2P so the whole pw2 things are nonsensical. I also have an alt vanilla account  and not having a mount sucks, but it isn't exactly like I have to pay to win. Win what, exactly? Oh, and yea, you can indeed play on another server for free with another f2p account!

Eh kinda depends on how to you look at p2w and b2p.

To me p2w only applies to the competitive environments, as in pvp where you buy a way to be better than your opponent. Not so much in pve by buying uber sword+1 to do 5k more dps, ok you killed the npc a minute faster whoopdeedoo. (like phone games where people buy a new character in a gacha game that's obviously better than vanilla characters so they get a huge advantage in arenas, and that process is repeated every few months with new characters added) 

Now looking at that point of view I kinda consider gw2 a p2w game, for the simple fact that in pvp/wvw all players of every account type ftpcore/hot/pof/eod all play in the same player pools. In other games this separation is kept between expansions, because of extended levels, and usually arena is done at max level only, and battlegrounds are separated by level brackets, so it becomes a b2p situation, but there's no such thing in gw2 as you're always in the same pools.

It's obvious some elite specs are above other elite specs, and certainly most core specs, the expansions also offer their own stat sets and runes and sigils, which you need the expansions to unlock, some might even consider the warclaw as a p2w feature with it's extra health bar, free stability, extra dashes, more mobility.

But overall the expansions are cheap(next one even cheaper), and hot is thrown in with pof now, so it's not really that big of a deal(since you don't have to constantly buy your advantage, it's a one time buy), spend $30 or get it on sale for even less and be on the level of everyone else (meanwhile the rest of us old timers had to spend 60+50+30). 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Xenesis.6389

17 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

To me p2w only applies to the competitive environments, as in pvp where you buy a way to be better than your opponent. Not so much in pve by buying uber sword+1 to do 5k more dps, ok you killed the npc a minute faster whoopdeedoo.

It can apply to games with strict gear gates (eg, you aren't geared enough so you insta die no matter what you do), or to the point where you simply can't enter because it requires a gearscore. And it may be possible to earn it in game, but they delibrately make it so you pretty much have to buy it. So in a sense, you either pay or cannot access content.

Now looking at that point of view I kinda consider gw2 a p2w game, for the simple fact that in pvp/wvw all players of every account type ftpcore/hot/pof/eod all play in the same player pools. In other games this separation is kept between expansions, because of extended levels, and usually arena is done at max level only, and battlegrounds are separated by level brackets, so it becomes a b2p situation, but there's no such thing in gw2 as you're always in the same pools.

To me at least, in most of the games I've played, the non-expansions enter an unsupported state where all the changes are going to be in an expansion. For the most part this game just isn't big enough anymore to separating like this. The core game doesn't even really exist anymore; you can no longer buy only core for many years, and EoD doesn't really confer real advantages besides some obnoxious roaming builds. I can't speak or care for PvP though. But more or less, you're supposed to have access to elite

t's obvious some elite specs are above other elite specs, and certainly most core specs, the expansions also offer their own stat sets and runes and sigils, which you need the expansions to unlock, some might even consider the warclaw as a p2w feature with it's extra health bar, free stability, extra dashes, more mobility.

Well that's the other funny thing; I was incredibly disappointed that EoD had no runes or sigils worth mentioning about and fortunately most bis rune/sigils are core I think.

Now locking the Warclaw behind PoF to me is a problem though; they told us they'd get ways for people to get mounts in EoD, but forgot about the Warclaw's existence. Which isn't surprising since they basically threw that thing in WvW and by and large forgot about it.

But I've always felt it was an unnecessary barrier to entry. Sure players can make builds that spam mobility that go faster but that's still not exactly a desirable new player experience or very fun.

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Why would it be needed under a system that is identical to current WvW in terms of average world/team sizes, weekly matchups, 1u1d tiers and 2 months reshuffles?

Because the more active players you have in your alliance, the less susceptible you'll be to the randomness of the team composition that will make up the sides.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It can apply to games with strict gear gates (eg, you aren't geared enough so you insta die no matter what you do), or to the point where you simply can't enter because it requires a gearscore. And it may be possible to earn it in game, but they delibrately make it so you pretty much have to buy it.

True I guess, if you look at like diablo immoral, I mean immortal. But if you're playing a pve game and you're at a point where you are forced to buy in order to proceed, that borderline becomes b2p if there's really no alternatives, the p2w in pve is when you're buying advantages to get ahead faster. But again like I said, I mostly only consider p2w in pvp environments.

To me at least, in most of the games I've played, the non-expansions enter an unsupported state where all the changes are going to be in an expansion. For the most part this game just isn't big enough anymore to separating like this. The core game doesn't even really exist anymore; you can no longer buy only core, and EoD doesn't really confer real advantages besides some obnoxious roaming builds. I can't speak or care for PvP though.

Core game still exist, it's ftp. Plenty of games still support their core, it's still the base leveling ground, and when expansion features come in that affect certain parts, like say a new talent system, it affects everything down to core systems.

Well that's the other funny thing; I was incredibly disappointed that EoD had no runes or sigils worth mentioning about and fortunately most bis rune/sigils are core I think.

Now locking the Warclaw behind PoF to me is a problem though; they told us they'd get ways for people to get mounts in EoD, but forgot about the Warclaw's existence. Which isn't surprising since they basically threw that thing in WvW and by and large forgot about it.

EoD is pretty weak, and yeah mostly roaming specs, probably didn't want to shake up their group metas, which is why I haven't bought it yet. But they're obviously focusing on tweaking it's elite specs to be better, and yet more biased balancing, so another reason I haven't bought it. But again I only consider p2w in the pvp sense that everyone is playing in the same area, but not really with a one time buy that permanently washes the advantages away.

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

True I guess, if you look at like diablo immoral, I mean immortal. But if you're playing a pve game and you're at a point where you are forced to buy in order to proceed, that borderline becomes b2p if there's really no alternatives, the p2w in pve is when you're buying advantages to get ahead faster. But again like I said, I mostly only consider p2w in pvp environments.

Oh gross. xD Diablo Immoral is the right name.

Yea Blizzard is not once it once was, and dumb enough as it is, is how I got here; when Diablo 3 was p2w initally on release. Then again, I guess it really depends on scope; they seemed to make it you had to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars to play the game properly.

It's nice you're very limited in how much  you can barely buy power in this game and no matter how much you pay, you can still utterly suck.  Ironically, even in the context of the thread, the softest targets on stacked servers are often the ones that paid to go there. So I chuckled a bit when people on the forums said they had it and transferred to Mag only to most likely be a rallybot on that server instead. Or maybe that's intentional, who knows.

But all I can say is that even with the "rewards" boost, you can't be having great ROI putting down at least 200 gold upfront every 2 months lol. If I wanted to karma train empty targets, then I'd just do pve and save 80% of the time.

Typical though, I say. Many WvWers are not known for their great planning or foresight. In fact, quite the opposite, since even large organized alliances easily collapse, since nobody seems to understand math or basic social skills anymore.

Core game still exist, it's ftp. Plenty of games still support their core, it's still the base leveling ground, and when expansion features come in that affect certain parts, like say a new talent system, it affects everything down to core systems.

Oh right, we actually have f2p players. I've always thought it was just the trial version.

That being said, can you believe autoloot is an expansion feature??

EoD is pretty weak, and yeah mostly roaming specs, probably didn't want to shake up their group metas, which is why I haven't bought it yet. But they're obviously focusing on tweaking it's elite specs to be better, and yet more biased balancing, so another reason I haven't bought it. But again I only consider p2w in the pvp sense that everyone is playing in the same area, but not really with a one time buy that permanently washes the advantages away.

I bought EoD hoping they'd develop the game in good faith.... and it's been mixed. EoD specs not being better than PoF specs strictly is a good thing to some.... though maybe that just means the PoF ones were kinda broken. xD

They were really going for the sidegrade concept but ditched it a long time ago. Too many specs are just core++ but the idea of tradeoffs proved unpopular.

6 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Oh gross. xD Diablo Immoral is the right name.

Yea Blizzard is not once it once was, and dumb enough as it is, is how I got here; when Diablo 3 was p2w initally on release. Then again, I guess it really depends on scope; they seemed to make it you had to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars to play the game properly.

It's nice you're very limited in how much  you can barely buy power in this game and no matter how much you pay, you can still utterly suck.  Ironically, even in the context of the thread, the softest targets on stacked servers are often the ones that paid to go there. So I chuckled a bit when people on the forums said they had it and transferred to Mag only to most likely be a rallybot on that server instead. Or maybe that's intentional, who knows.

But all I can say is that even with the "rewards" boost, you can't be having great ROI putting down at least 200 gold upfront every 2 months lol. If I wanted to karma train empty targets, then I'd just do pve and save 80% of the time.

Oh right, we actually have f2p players. I've always thought it was just the trial version.

If there's only thing I won't complain about anet, is the handling of their cash shop. They've kept all the real p2w stuff out of it and I'm sure they've been tempted to. Other games have stats attached to outfits and sell them in store for like $25 a pop, that's really gross. So I'm really glad anet has kept it to mostly cosmetics and account upgrades, while still being able to earn gold to buy gems instead. It's honestly one of the best cash shops in f2p games.

That being said, can you believe autoloot is an expansion feature??

I couldn't believe it when wanted to sell it as a feature, it was also unbelievable they would ignore wvw of all places for that change, until we complained enough for them to address it, it should have been a free QOL change from day one. There are other important features that sold the expansions, auto loot didn't need to be one of them, although it did annoy me enough on a ftp account to want to get hot so I didn't destroy my auto loot button(which was the driving point for them), my poor alt button had a dent in it, if I wasn't hitting space for jump I was hitting alt constantly.

I bought EoD hoping they'd develop the game in good faith.... and it's been mixed. EoD specs not being better than PoF specs strictly is a good thing to some.... though maybe that just means the PoF ones were kinda broken. xD

They were really going for the sidegrade concept but ditched it a long time ago. Too many specs are just core++ but the idea of tradeoffs proved unpopular.

PoF specs were game changers, and yeah they were pretty busted, although kinda funny/sad how much they've gutted scourge in comparison to firebrands, I suppose they didn't want to repeat that with EoD... but then they went and buffed willbenders, mechanists, vindicator, catalyst since... Kinda glad there's no runes or sigils for EoD now. Speaking of tradeoffs I wonder if they would ever touch the grandfather of tradeoffs with necro corruption trait and skills, I would guess never. 🤭🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

There are other important features that sold the expansions, auto loot didn't need to be one of them, although it did annoy me enough on a ftp account to want to get hot so I didn't destroy my auto loot button(which was the driving point for them), my poor alt button had a dent in it, if I wasn't hitting space for jump I was hitting alt constantly.

On my alt account I just didn't picking up much of the loot lol. (it was kind of a gold sink anyways) as loot is crap. However, back when HoT was released WvW really didn't reward jack without reward tracks so that autoloot was a slap in the face until they fixed it.

A lot of people will accuse Anet too much of trying to bury WvW when in reality it's more of a disconnect between devs and players. However, I did legit think they were trying to kill various aspects of the game on HoT release, and there's some things that really did die (dungeons) and are even deader than WvW, so you can't blame me too much.

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

although kinda funny/sad how much they've gutted scourge in comparison to firebrands,

Also, Warrior bubbles. They kicked it when it was already down.

Joke is some classes do mega damage and nobody bats an eye, but a necro does anything and everyone loses their minds.

On 2/22/2023 at 4:06 PM, Absurd.2947 said:

I'm sure you're both lovely people but that doesn't change a thing. Complaining about transfers "ruining the game" is basically what I said - complaining about losing to squads with better players, on better classes, on voice with maybe better leads. Because it's very rarely about numbers. 

I waited until Friday to answer you, so as to give you some weekend numbers. So you are in the game of Vabbi, you have a flow, content and players from over 120,000K+D. In my game my server shows flow and content for 60,000K+D. To make it easier to interpret it is as if we played on average constantly 80 players (map full and queued) vs 40 players. It should not be complicated to imagine which server will win the game and show an excellent K/D coefficient.

Now, you are free to believe that the numbers in WWW do not make a difference, you are free to believe that you are one of the 70 players capable of pressing buttons like no one else in EU that can make the real difference, but, I advise you to stay in your current condition, always be careful to transfer accurately to never find yourself with unfavorable numbers. Because reality is just around the corner, ready to surprise you.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

4 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

I waited until Friday to answer you, so as to give you some weekend numbers. So you are in the game of Vabbi, you have a flow, content and players from over 120,000K+D. In my game my server shows flow and content for 60,000K+D. To make it easier to interpret it is as if we played on average constantly 80 players (map full and queued) vs 40 players. It should not be complicated to imagine which server will win the game and show an excellent K/D coefficient.

Now, you are free to believe that the numbers in WWW do not make a difference, you are free to believe that you are one of the 70 players capable of pressing buttons like no one else in EU that can make the real difference, but, I advise you to stay in your current condition, always be careful to transfer accurately to never find yourself with unfavorable numbers. Because reality is just around the corner, ready to surprise you.

Contrary to your belief, I have not just transferred to Vabbi, I've been on this server for several months now. I've been on bandwagons and I've played against bandwagons, that's why I'm speaking from experience. 

While you're talking out of your kitten.

But please, go on, justify your servers abyssmal performance based on numbers that account for none of the most cruicial variables. 

BaNwAgOnS aRe KiLlInG mY gAme

Edited by Absurd.2947
  • Confused 1