"New Friends, New Adventures" is bugged

There is another thread about this in the discussions forum. Where people think you might need to do all the guardians again (this time without having a check list). Since - according to the wiki (I will check again later in game) the achievement tracks the different maps ... it might work like with the bounties on PoF. (That also had individual achievements for the maps and an overall one tracking the individual achievements.)

Might be interesting to have a player that did not have the old achivevements completed (but partly completed them) ... completing one - if then the achievement tracks progress then not all shrine guardians would have to be completed again. It would track the completion status of the old achievements. (Since that person did not do all guardians again ... but completed the old achievement.)

Then a bug with retrospectively awarding - not too rare to have such bugs. They would need to add somethign to trigger an auto-check. Maybe once after a fix gets applied or once upon entering an EoD map. (Since it is unlikely that achievements permanently check ... would mean lot of resources to be used from the servers ... there probably are triggers needed which they might have forgotten.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

6 hours ago, fusioncon.3269 said:

latest patch resolved this, got the achievement on logging in after updating my client.

Can confirm this. Patch notes 01/03/2023:

Fixed a bug that caused the New Friends, New Adventures achievement to not recognize previously completed shrine guardian achievements from other End of Dragons maps.

46 minutes ago, Shadamehr.1284 said:

Logged in to my main after the patch and it still hadn't updated, switching to another character resolved it.

This is also correct. Logged in a character, achievement dind't updated. But after switching to another character I got 4/5 progress.

Edited by Rakotia.5812
Format