AFk'ers in Ranked

August.5934

What to do?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• If a 4 team member report on AFK player then the afk'er will be kicked out and the match will be paused until all team have 5 players/team (scores points will be paused and players position will be saved)
    • Wait what? I am a AFK'er so i rather keep AFK'ing cause m a nice donkey :)
    • No save zone! All players will be spawned at a location where enemies can easily kill them but make is so that when you are spawned, you are invincible & invisible for 5secs - 10secs. The one that dies 10times without slaying a single enemy will be kicked and be rewarded 10% of losing team rewards.
    • Good deeds equals good money! A system where players will be rewarded according to the number of enemies they slay and the number of capture point they earn for the team. All team members will earn 10% of the capture points you earn.
    • Let Anet come up with the solution...

4 hours ago, Nymeria.1653 said:

they would have kicked me right away.

No MMO i know allows player to be kicked right away. There is always a icd at start... example: can't be kicked for the first 5mins.

This was made for players who have poor connections or giving them chance to prove to thier team that they are somewhat ok.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Does that require the rest of the team to agree?

I've had more than one match recently where a teammate declares it over and four of us go on to win it anyway.

In GW1 everyone had to type /resign. You did not get a notification who resigned and who not. If even one party member didnt resign, the match kept going.

Not saying its a perfect solution and it still wont protect against trolls, but it could at least put an end to those landslide losses against a top duo where you just wait for the end. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, August.5934 said:

No MMO i know allows player to be kicked right away. There is always a icd at start... example: can't be kicked for the first 5mins.

This was made for players who have poor connections or giving them chance to prove to thier team that they are somewhat ok.

ok, good to know, ty ^^

I just believe by now that there is some external callcenter behind the teporting system whose employee just have the order to close the cases without working on them every now and then.

the reporting system must be reworked so the cases are actually processed correctly.

and i want an ingame message with the outcome of my report like:

“thank you for reporting Player xyz.1234. We have decided to ban the player for 3 month from pvp by dishonor because of inactivity during matchups. Yours anet support“.

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2023 at 10:46 PM, Khalgir.3862 said:

Well, once the matchmaking will start giving me teams where I do not end up doing 35% team damage while playing with my toes, then I will stop being afk. 

I agree to a point, but you shouldn't be afk'ing just because you're top dps. That basically means if you afk, it's an auto loss.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:38 AM, titje.2745 said:

while me a pve player and my team got totally destroyed.

I mean, this is a huge part of your probably right here. You should start out playing unranked, and play a lot if you want to get good at pvp. I probably did close to 300 matches unranked before going into ranked.

On 3/5/2023 at 3:19 PM, Crab Fear.8623 said:

The game was actually better when you lost pips for losing.

They should go back to that for the rewards.

No rewards plus lost progress on the pip chests.

Rewarding losers is and always has been a terrible idea.

It encourages nothing.

If players are driven away by this, it isn't the rewards, it is the game mode itself.

I disagree with this, because a match is already putting a lot of trust into randoms that are usually not very good at the game. The pvp population would drop off significantly if this were to be implemented.

On 3/7/2023 at 3:15 PM, Equinox.1463 said:

Or, and hear me out, this very simple solution: if you don't leave your base for a minute, you're automatically disconnected and your team is given no punishment.

I like this, I would even say if you have an afk'er, the rest of the team should be given a bonus reward...say for trying to overcome the odds of being outnumbered. It would have to detect someone as afk though, like if they were idle in spawn, or even if they just stayed in spawn but still moved around. That's probably the best way to do it, and they should have a warning that says they'll be flagged afk if they stay in spawn.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:15 PM, Equinox.1463 said:

Or, and hear me out, this very simple solution: if you don't leave your base for a minute, you're automatically disconnected and your team is given no punishment.

18 minutes ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I like this, I would even say if you have an afk'er, the rest of the team should be given a bonus reward...

Idea sounds good but it isn't a good idea. This can easily be exploited/abused. If a losing team decides to AFk at the end then losing team wouldn't lose any points. people will start to wish if someone could AFK just when they are losing. it will only encourage more AFk'ing and PVP wouldn't be fun.

Edited by August.5934

10 hours ago, August.5934 said:

Idea sounds good but it isn't a good idea. This can easily be exploited/abused. If a losing team decides to AFk at the end then losing team wouldn't lose any points. people will start to wish if someone could AFK just when they are losing. it will only encourage more AFk'ing and PVP wouldn't be fun.

good point, the whole team would afk if they knew they would get bonus points for losing with an afk'er.

from what I've seen, it's definitely a people problem and not really Anet's fault tbh. Sure I think they could come up with some better way to manage it but ultimately it's the fault of specific people who play the game.

10 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I disagree with this, because a match is already putting a lot of trust into randoms that are usually not very good at the game. The pvp population would drop off significantly if this were to be implemented.

They increased the rewards, which increased the bots and the afk'ers, which increased the amount of players quitting the game mode, and ultimately the game.

Praising failure, rewarding failure does not promote competition.

Now, if the match was close, like within 150~200 points, maybe a scaled reward, but nothing otherwise.