[Solved] Touching Base - Behemoth Gap Tier 2

notebene.3190

[Solved] I had it backwards. I needed to do events during Tier 1 as it moved to Tier 2 to get Tier 2. Someone told me that wrong, said I needed to do it during Tier 2. I was just repeatedly working on Tier 3, which I already had. 

It won't give it to me. It's the last I need for Touching Base. I got 1. I got 3. I just got done running 3 back to back metas and the last one I just 'stayed' at the base and did everything I could. Still won't trigger for me.

What is the trick to this? Is it one of those "if you win you fail" type things we've had in the past, where like the meta is moving too fast for enough things to happen to get credit for it?

It's literally the last thing I need to complete the meta, and it's frustrating. I could do the sniper thing but that sounds annoying. I only need 2 and 6 for Deadliest Thing, but not exactly easy to find anyone doing that. Behemoth Tier 2. Seems like a simple thing.

Edited by notebene.3190
  • Like 1

• notebene.3190 changed the title to [Solved] Touching Base - Behemoth Gap Tier 2

I am not doing the 2 collections (brotherhood audio log and something with Gorrik - they are not in the game yet according to info on the wiki last time I checked it) and the shrine guardian spirits (first want to do other ones in the older Cantha maps) and the sniper thing. That is annoying yeah.

The ambush stuff seems to be easy though. Just progressed 2 out of the 3 I am missing (the north-eastern ones) with waiting there a bit. Wiki mentions that they seem to spawn regularly at a timer ... every 15 mins or so. Popping up mentor tag and people will come there (might take some time for the eastern ones that are further away from a WP). 2-3 even joined when the last boss was up. Since people still need this - the release is just about 2 weeks ago. (Might be harder in the future.)

The phases are - as you already found out: 0->1 (phase 1), 1->2 (phase 2) and 2->3 (phase 3) since ... if it is on max already that can't be phase 3. There is no further upgrade anymore.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

[Solved] I had it backwards. I needed to do events during Tier 1 as it moved to Tier 2 to get Tier 2. Someone told me that wrong, said I needed to do it during Tier 2. I was just repeatedly working on Tier 3, which I already had. 

To be fair though, it wasn't one of the best written achievements in the game

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The achievements are counter intuive to the map AND the meta. That is bad game design and we should not particpate in it. Anet needs to do better. I bet you in earlier iterations you had to stay in the area till t3 and then you could go to the next area but they wanted to give people the "option" to speed right through it but that ruins chances of getting certain achievements.

There was though (before some patch) the possibility to still upgrade bases when the meta was at the last boss (which took some time). I also suggested to now change this to actually require to upgrade the bases + buff the rewards again. (Slower meta but more rewards per chest.) Since now people can progress to the boss - making it impossible to upgrade bases. (Players need to be on an empty map or really rush and group up with others to progress bases quickly.)

Might change though once further maps get released and this one dies out lol. We'll see. But I bet recent changes weren't the last ones.

Edited by Luthan.5236